Cashe Money

stickittoem

He wrestles a physical style, he's got a good gastank, he's fared reasonably well against some of the nation's best--I think his skill set is a good one for Big 10 wrestling. I think he'll make a good sized collegiate 125 eventually also.

Eppert's going to need to fill out a decent amount to compete in the brutal Big 10.

• 3 weeks later...

dont know much about the purdue wrestlers but all but 2 got spanked at the meet vs illinois last friday, the tech fall by Patacsil was impressive but does any body know the tilt name or how he used the tilt on his way to the 17-0 tech fall?  ???

125 will be very interesting.  They have a redshirt fresh from Pennsyl.  He is one tough nut.  I have personally seen him wrestle at some opens this year and he has creds.  He was on the same team as all star Jordan Oliver in high school.  Oliver  is wrestling for Oklahoma

Kegan Handlovic is the 125 at Purdue that you are talking about.  He was a 2x PIAA state champion at Easton High School and I believe AA'd a few times.  His high school teammate Jordan Oliver currently wrestles for Oklahoma State not Oklahoma (there seems to be confusion about that on flowrestling too).  As for Quiroga and Eppert I would say they will get their shot in due time, take some lumps, and wrestle in opens just like Handlovic is currently doing.  I'll call in 3 years they will be the starting 125 and 133 pounders for Purdue, because if I am not mistaken Handlovic is a true freshman and did not take a red-shirt year.  We will see how it plays out within the next few years.

125 will be very interesting.  They have a redshirt fresh from Pennsyl.  He is one tough nut.  I have personally seen him wrestle at some opens this year and he has creds.  He was on the same team as all star Jordan Oliver in high school.  Oliver  is wrestling for Oklahoma

They went to Easton high school which is on the border of PA and NJ. Oliver is going to Oklahoma State not Oklahoma.

Cashe needs to work on his mat skills.  The only thing I've ever seen him do in the 2 times I've seen him this season is takedown and cut, takedown and cut. 

Mat wrestling seems to be a recurring problem with some of our studs going into college.

two on one and tilt away,  the man is a freak on top.  i have yet to see any one really stop his tilt.  Walpole did a decent job early this year with Ptax, yet still lost

T-Pac is truely a beast on da top/ he also has a mean craddle if I can recall

Cashe needs to work on his mat skills.  The only thing I've ever seen him do in the 2 times I've seen him this season is takedown and cut, takedown and cut. 

Mat wrestling seems to be a recurring problem with some of our studs going into college.

why is that? are we the only state that does the whole takedown and cut thing?

why is that? are we the only state that does the whole takedown and cut thing?

It's not just Indiana; many states' best wrestlers struggle initially with working from the bottom and top. It affects middle-tier states like Indiana because the competition that our elite kids face week in and out doesn't require them to fully develop their mat skills. We don't have the same depth as elite wrestling states. Still, Howe didn't dominate for four years by destroying kids on the mat; he's handled the transition pretty well.

I'll agree his mat wrestling could be better.  But Cashe is talented. Eppert  looks as though he needs to fill out a little more Cashe physically right now could almost jump into a college singlet within a year.  But we never really had the chance to see Howe mat wrestle and well he is doing quite well in college. 

I think this discussion has come up before on Howe and his mat wrestling ability.  I think he started working on his mat wrestling his senior year and stopped the whole take them down and cut them thing to get ready for college.  This was why he had far more takedowns his junior year than his senior year.  I am also willing to bet that getting away from Pritzlaff in practice is a win in itself and that probably gives him confidence and from the looks of it Barry Davis has his wrestlers confident that they can hold anyone in the country down.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.