Wrestling video game

WHITE ANGEL

I was just thinking about this idea of how awesome it would be if they had a wrestling video game for XBOX 360 or PS3 where you could start the season at the sectional level by either choosing one of today's elite wrestlers to be or you could also create yourself and put yourself on a team. Personally if I were to take this route I'm gonna go ahead and make sure my way to Conseco runs through the FW Semi-State  ;) then once you get to Conseco it's just how it is in real life, the parade on Friday night. And best of all....Kevin Whitehead is the announcer in the game! Call it IHSAA Wrestling09...who needs madden?

I doubt it would warrant being created as the manufacturer probably wouldn't be able to move enough units.  You'd be catering to a relatively small demographic worldwide.

With that said, I'd love to see it nevertheless.  With so many crappy games on the market this one would be interesting.  It's a shame when amatuer wrestling can't get a sniff, but you can go to Amazon.com/UK and get the EA Sports Cricket game.

It is impossible to make a good wrestling game, it would be like press a combination hit a single, maybe a mini game to hit a sprawl, turns and everything would be like minigames them selves, the whole idea is just inconcevablke for a game that scores things like takedowns and stuff.

and if they made it for the wii only i would kill my self the wii is a gimicky underpowered ps2

Yes i am a nerd deal with it

While they have made several advancements with the Pro-Wrastin games and the MMA fighting games I don't think they would have the moves down enough to make a great regular wrestling game.  As mentioned before, aspects of wrestling would probably work as a Wii type game but even then they would have a hard time selling enough units to make it worth the amount of time they would have to put into producing it.

It is impossible to make a good wrestling game, it would be like press a combination hit a single, maybe a mini game to hit a sprawl, turns and everything would be like minigames them selves, the whole idea is just inconcevablke for a game that scores things like takedowns and stuff.

and if they made it for the wii only i would kill my self the wii is a gimicky underpowered ps2

Hilarious!  I can see the wheels probably started spinning the moment you read the post - trying to figure out how you could program it!  And true... only a self-proclaimed nerd would have given it more than a 10 second thought!  :)

There is one..i played it last summer on regular x box...it was really cool...the controlls were awsome but AB at the same time did alot of different moves depending on the angle and timing you pressed it...i was in PA when we played it

I've thought about this one ! I'm not big into games, but you have NCAA football,basketball,etc. Why isn't there a NCAA wrestling game ? It sounds logical that it can be done and there are fans who would buy it or rent it . The only problem would be how would you tell who you have? Since it's against the rules to put names on the game and wrestlers have no numbers on jerseys.Still I also thought about this concept.

Hilarious!  I can see the wheels probably started spinning the moment you read the post - trying to figure out how you could program it!  And true... only a self-proclaimed nerd would have given it more than a 10 second thought!  :)

haha yes i know but its in my nature im a computer science major so programming things is how i solve a majority of my problems haha,

but like i said its inconceivable that a game like this could be made as much as i would like to make angel a 4xer or create a better version of me, the actual gameplay would end up being stale and boring, hence reviews would be bad, and overall sales would be pitiful, the only way where gameplay could be kinda fun at least for me would be wrestling COACHn where you can recruit a team for college and train them with various drills and you watch the match but even then its more like an interactive wrestling movie than an actual game

TC,

Unfortunately, if this game were to exist it would have to be as realistic as possible so yes that would include seeing only 2 of the 4 mats during the first two rounds and you also would have to find a way to stash your cooler in your wrestling bag otherwise it will not be allowed in!  :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.