Class or Classless...Time for a quick poll

fearless fly

I get one an hour, so you will be in the positive in 3 days.

I refuse to vote. It sounds fixed.

TheAncientElder (TAE)

The Imperial Potentate and Grand Poobah of Classless wrestling in Indiana.

I wear my Fez with pride.

www.theancientelder.net

I have more faith in the BCS voters.  ;D

Triple wahoossmiley-dance018.gifsmiley-dance018.gifsmiley-dance018.gif

No class for Individual / I can go wit  team dual meet

Winnin a class system state tittle is like kissin your sister !!

Back in da day I knew some boys from Virginia / da y where state champs / but dare where 5 at da same weight class/ tougher to win da lake county tourney champ / same ting in Oklahoma / day have like 20 schools in a class / wraslin a indivdual sport/ illinois really screwed up dare state seris whit 3 champs/ But day do have a bass fishin tournament- I could have sharpened my skills back in da day on cedar lake i feel robbed !!

There was an idea I was kicking around at the other "class" thread.  Break up the schools into classes A & AA, like you would for a standard class system.  Here's the difference, instead of each class having its separate state tournament.  Class A would have 2 Semi-States (with the Sectionals and Regionals feeding into each), likewise with Class AA.  Then when you get to State, bring the classes together. 

In the 1st 2 rounds, A semi-states would be matched up against eachother, likewise with AA.  This would be similar to like how semi-states match up in each weight class in the 1st round right now.  When you get to the semi-finals, A kid will be matched up against a AA kid.  I think this is the best of both worlds.  The small schools would be guaranteed half of the state qualifiers, placers, and semi-final spots that the class supporters want.  But we still get to keep the one champion, that the single-class supporters like.

You can do the same thing for the Team Series.  Separate each until the semi-finals of Team State, then bring them together.

You have a lot of faith in the IHSAA if you think they can put that together and run it properly.

Well I never did say that the IHSAA could do it.  Just that in theory, it sounds good.  It wouldn't really be ran differently, just need some re-aligning.

What is with the people on the fence?  Pick a side people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is an old saying:

The only thing in the middle of the road is a dead possum!

I am one who voted on the fence. Sometimes when I read the arguments for class wrestling I am swayed to their side and then  I change my mind. It all depends....

I wondered when I saw you had deleted your classless siggy.

ff

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.