Cant we all just get along?

thestick

Why are there 2 sites? The "other site" is up ........BUT they dont want you to post yet. I am comfortable with this site now.  Why cant the  2 sites "merge together" .  Reginald Denny and Rodney King got along,  why cant we?

I want to be able to go to one site and get all the info I need,  not two.   

just my  thoughts

This website is more than a messageboard, it aims to promote the sport of wrestling through other means and will continue to do so.  The messageboard, while a big section of this website, is only a small portion of what we offer.  We will have brackets from throughout the state series and even the insanely popular pick'ems games for the state tournament. 

This site is great.  PROPS to the tech guys that put this together.

You guys blew the comp. away.  Keep it up.

Rankings, forum, and everything included is just unbelievable.

GREAT JOB...never will I attend another site about indiana high school wrestling.

I think most people are getting along.  Some have to act like idiots just like they did on the IHSWCA Board, and write comments that might act as proof that they are.

The IHSWCA Board is back up.  I am hoping that it will serve the purpose it was originally intended to serve which was to be a place for High School Coaches to get information, and the IHSWCA to get information out to it's membership.  The Board was never really meant to be a "smack board", or a place for all of the things it ended up being there.  It simply morphed into what it was because there was nothing else.  I think we did a good job with it.  I think we would still be doing that job if we would not have been repeatedly hacked, but as I told someone after the first time we were hacked, I feel it might be a blessing in disguise because now we can get our Board back to what it was originally meant for.  Around thirteen years ago I told JD that I thought we needed a website.  He told me to go for it.  I did not know anything about it (and still do not know as much as many of you), but I started working and we had, what I think, was the first real website for an Indiana High School sport.  Some of you want to crack jokes about, and make fun of, the old discussion board.  That is fine, but I am not sure why you feel that you need to do this.  You may feel that you need to belittle anything going on at the other board once it gets back on track.  Again, it is certainly your right to do so, but I am not sure why you need to.   

I like some of the things that Indianmat is doing and hope they continue.  I do not plan to be anything but supportive.  I would be supportive if fifty different informational websites about wreslting popped up around Indiana because it would mean there is interest in a sport I love.  A number of people have complained about the IHSWCA, and I do not have time to address all of those issues at present, but would be glad to at some point, but I can tell you this...without an organization like the IHSWCA (as well as the ISWA) Indiana Wrestling would be nowhere near where it is.  One case in point is the Sectional tournament.  If not for some of the people, that a few of you have belittled, standing up to the IHSAA we would have a Sectional tournament that is one and done.  I have been involved with the IHSWCA for around 30 years, and I was at one of the first meetings ever of the ISWA.  Both of those organizations have come a long way.  I remember when JD Minch took over as Treasurer the outgoing Treasurer gave him a popcorn bag with around fifty bucks in it.  That was the treasury and that was the way the books were kept.  At that time the IHSWCA did nothing, and now it does several things to build wrestling in Indiana although it is not enough for some of you.   Guys like Tom Cameron, JD Minch, John Cook, Tom Miller, and Ed Fox have been great leaders for our organization.  Can our organization get better....I believe it can.  We have some good people running for office this year, and I think any of them can take our organization higher.  People say that they are not involved because no one has asked them.  I guess I would say if it is important enough for you to be involved then no one should have to ask you.  We are wrestlers and I do not think a wrestler has to wait to be asked...I think a wrestler would attack.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.