Lake County Tourny 2010

ontherise219

This Tourny Would be so much better if we had a True County Champ. I know Merrillville travels and CP runs a Day of Duals. But it would be great if we could get them there. Merrillville used to be there. Maybe would could get a more central Location I live in Merrillville/Crown Point and It was far So I know it is Far for Lowell.

First off would like to take my hat off to the entire Clark Wrestling Program for running the tournament.  This is the 8th year this tournament has been in existance and third year in a row Clark has hosted.  Really nice how they try and give you the State Final atmosphere with the no lights and spotlight for finalist intros.  I heard a lot of complaints about the length of the tournament, and am guilty of thinking it was too long as well.  However after thinking about it awhile, we have to remember that this is a 21 team tourney with wrestle backs to 3rd place.  As well as a consolation bracket for wrestling to 7th place.  All of which has to be done in one day!  I am pretty good friends with the Clark staff and they are already talking about ways to improve the length of time the tourney last among other issues that arose throughout the day.  Thank you Clark staff and volunteers for a great job today.

As for Merrilville and Crown Point.  I am sure their (CP) duals they have is revenue generator for their program, so I highly doubt they would give that up to wrestle in this tournament, and can't quite blame them.  As for Merrillville, they are in a pretty competative tourney right now that is very beneficial to their team.  If this weekend opens up for them in the future, I do think they would consider coming back to the County Tourney.

First off would like to take my hat off to the entire Clark Wrestling Program for running the tournament.   This is the 8th year this tournament has been in existance and third year in a row Clark has hosted.  Really nice how they try and give you the State Final atmosphere with the no lights and spotlight for finalist intros.  I heard a lot of complaints about the length of the tournament, and am guilty of thinking it was too long as well.  However after thinking about it awhile, we have to remember that this is a 21 team tourney with wrestle backs to 3rd place.  As well as a consolation bracket for wrestling to 7th place.  All of which has to be done in one day!  I am pretty good friends with the Clark staff and they are already talking about ways to improve the length of time the tourney last among other issues that arose throughout the day.  Thank you Clark staff and volunteers for a great job today.

As for Merrilville and Crown Point.  I am sure their (CP) duals they have is revenue generator for their program, so I highly doubt they would give that up to wrestle in this tournament, and can't quite blame them.  As for Merrillville, they are in a pretty competative tourney right now that is very beneficial to their team.  If this weekend opens up for them in the future, I do think they would consider coming back to the County Tourney.

Clark Does run the Tourny Great. I enjoy the state finals feel.  The county used to be a rolling venue. The first one at Calumet, Highland, Griffith etc.. I think revenue wise if Crown Point were to host the county 1 year it could probably double or triple what there super dual make for a year. The lenth isn't bad there isn't much you can do with a full wrestle back and 21 teams

Guest justafan52

I hear the new Hobart facilities are quite impressive. Could this be a possible place to host it? After all, they do have a parking lot

I agree... hats off to the Hammond Clark HS staff in general, and Calumet HS Coach Jim Wadkins as well, for running the tournament. I believe that Calumet has hosted twice, once each for Highland, Griffith and Lake Station, and the past three at Hammond Clark. I have officiated all eight, and it has gotten better each year.

I would have like to have Merrillville and Crown Point there as a fan a John Dillon vs Eric Roach match up would have been a good one. On top of if you have the two best teams there you get so much more depth in every weight class. Where does Morton go to now I saw some Morton Wrestlers there?

Every year or just the last couple? The two Years Merrillville was in it they where not Champs both years. Where would CP and Merrillville have Champs.

112, 125, 189.

135 both unbeaten Roach is the favorite

160 both unbeaten Myers is the favorite

I'm guessing that is not the reason they don't come here. Because I was at the Carnahan CP dominated that pretty good. I'm sure Merrillville dominates the TC

i think crown point and merrillville would dominate this tourney too much

Merrillville

103 Stevens

112 Padilla

119 Costakis

125 Napules

130 Valdivia

135 Deluna

140 Richmond

145 Jones

152 Azeata

160 Jordan

171 Berry

189 Wengel

215 Washington

Hwt Travis

I think Napules would be in the fianls for sure if Crown Point is there it is a toss up for a champ. Travis could be a champ

Crown Point

103 Halsted

112 HAwkins

119 Manes

125 Tsirtsis

130 Shurg

135 Roach

140 Flamme

145 Renn

152 Pogorzelski

160 Myers

171 Kooi

189 Shrewsbury

215 Balaick

Hwt MArshall

Roach and Dillon will be good when they do wrestle Hakins would be a champ and Shrewsbury would be a champ I still think Napules and Tsirtsis is a toss up.

County Champs

103 Ayersman LC

112 Smith LC

119 Petrov HC

125 Brady Low

130 Porras Hob

135 Dillon Hob

140 Rodriguez EC Central

145 Almaraz High

152 Surma Mun

160 Monix Low

171 Johnson ow

189 Lott EC Central

215 Cleveland Low

Hwt Anderson High

I voted yes. I am pretty certain that merrillville won it the two years they were in it. I don't remember the team score but I don't think it was close. I think that if they would have continued to wrestle in the tournament they would have won it each year.  If either of these teams wrestle they win hands down.

I voted yes. I am pretty certain that merrillville won it the two years they were in it. I don't remember the team score but I don't think it was close. I think that if they would have continued to wrestle in the tournament they would have won it each year.  If either of these teams wrestle they win hands down.

03 Merrillville was there I'm pretty sure Griffith won it. Griffith had at least 6 champs. With out a doubt they would have run things over the last couple of years. They have had some out standing wrestlers. 

03 Griffith was the Team state Runners up with guys like Adame 5th, Jose SQ, Angel Champ, Andre Champ, Alex Champ, David Martin was unbeaten until semi state, SQ. They also had a Champ at 112 and 140 and a Runner up at 160. Griffith was the Champ in 03 Merrillville had 0 State finalist it was Davids first year. 04 Merrillville was the champ

219 you are right 2004 they won. I would love to see a true county tournament but you can't blame a team for seeking tough competition out of state.

yeah I thinkit is great that they wrestle a out of State tourny they wrestle 2 I wish more teams wrestled out of state.

Only problem with wrestling out of the state is all the fans/parents usually have a much further distance to travel to be in attendance...And with some of the weather we have been experiencing lately, that might be a problem  :(

Where does Morton go to now I saw some Morton Wrestlers there?

Mortom was actually there as a full squad. Their coach had originally informed me that they would not be participating, as they were seeking another tournament with less familiar competition. He was, however, overruled byhis AD and informed that the team would be participating in the Lake County meet as well.

Where does Morton go to now I saw some Morton Wrestlers there?

Mortom was actually there as a full squad. Their coach had originally informed me that they would not be participating, as they were seeking another tournament with less familiar competition. He was, however, overruled byhis AD and informed that the team would be participating in the Lake County meet as well.

When yo tink about it some of these kids could wrestle each other 5-6 prior to secttionals / especially da teams from da cross roads conference

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.