Southern Indiana Athletic Conference **Brackets Posted**

rgray

It's not an upset but I just think he is solid. I would like to watch him wrestle Welch in the finals.

I am sure that could be arranged    ;D

It will be a shoot out at 135!

I have to admit I don't know much about Hufford from North.   I have only seen North a couple of times this year and am curious about his Number 1 seed. 

Hufford beat Weinzy early in the season. DeHaven beat Hufford Tuesday night though. My pick is Dehaven on what I would call a mild upset at 135.

OK...so what we have at 135 is this...

MD has beaten Castle...Castle has beaten Memorial (did Hufford wrestle 135 at the Castle Invitational?)...Memorial has beaten North...and North has beaten MD...

My Choice at 135 is Bosse!    ;D

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, Sulawske and Konrath have split this year so far.... 125 is the definition of the phrase "toss up"

no Sir, 125 is in no way, shape, or form a definition of a toss up.  There has been a lot of back and forth here but Henderson(MD) is the only one that is unbeaten in the SIAC and not to mention the only one to beat someone ranked higher than himself(MD Holiday Classic) Henderson VS. VanHorn 3-2 which was a great match. 

Although once again my opinion is bias, but i see Henderson placing in the top four this year at state....Cashe is gonna be one Hell of a force to reckon with.

but the only toss up in the 125 class is gonna be who gets to face henderson in the finals....at least come to your senses and face that. 

p.s. one more thing will be a toss up during the 125 finals and thats gonna be my popcorn hahaha

hahahah you can't even mention Henderson in the same breath as Cashe... hahhaha pure comedy. He is a tough kid, but he is far from Cashe's level. I have seen him a couple of times this season and I'm not that impressed. He is a good wrestler, but I wouldn't put him in the hunt for a "top four" finish at state. Will he be in the finals at conference? Yes. Will he win? Most believe so. Will he win easily? No. He has not dominated this region like a "state placer" should. Remember, success down here doesn't always mean success up there. But I do agree with you in one sense. Henderson will be in the finals, with who will be the toss-up. I know who I will be behind.

Yup, Sulawske and Konrath have split this year so far.... 125 is the definition of the phrase "toss up"

no Sir, 125 is in no way, shape, or form a definition of a toss up.  There has been a lot of back and forth here but Henderson(MD) is the only one that is unbeaten in the SIAC and not to mention the only one to beat someone ranked higher than himself(MD Holiday Classic) Henderson VS. VanHorn 3-2 which was a great match. 

Although once again my opinion is bias, but i see Henderson placing in the top four this year at state....Cashe is gonna be one Hell of a force to reckon with.

but the only toss up in the 125 class is gonna be who gets to face henderson in the finals....at least come to your senses and face that. 

p.s. one more thing will be a toss up during the 125 finals and thats gonna be my popcorn hahaha

Never hurts to dream...until you wake up in a field of cactus!!!!

Realistically...I don't think the top 4 thing will pan out...but one never knows.

125- Henderson top 4 at state? No. Remember the downfall of the state draw. You could draw a kid like little Tsirtsis rd 2 and be shooting for 5th after that. Is he the favorite? Yes, he is undefeated in his conference schedule. 125 however seems to be a wide open seni-state too.

130- Seitz is the one, obviously, because he beat the #2 seed last weekend. BUT he is not the returning 130lb champ. That was Zuber of Memorial last year.

135- Dehaven beating Hufford is not an upset. Dehaven beat him in the Memorial vs North dual 7-2 recently. From what I hear, Dehaven owned the match. Hufford won a big match vs. MD that landed him #1. He needs to find a strong game plan to wrestle to seed Sat.

152. King vs Bittner is an excellent wake up-call kind of match (as is Rueger vs Sulawske @ 125). My only question is, with Bittner missing so much time, what does he have in the tank?

hahahah you can't even mention Henderson in the same breath as Cashe... hahhaha pure comedy. He is a tough kid, but he is far from Cashe's level. I have seen him a couple of times this season and I'm not that impressed. He is a good wrestler, but I wouldn't put him in the hunt for a "top four" finish at state. Will he be in the finals at conference? Yes. Will he win? Most believe so. Will he win easily? No. He has not dominated this region like a "state placer" should. Remember, success down here doesn't always mean success up there. But I do agree with you in one sense. Henderson will be in the finals, with who will be the toss-up. I know who I will be behind.

well i guess you missed the (...) i put in there for a pause, and usually on a pause i like to take a breath...hes gonna change your mind....hes goin to the top 4...and i aint the only one thats predicted it...someone else on here has

What is the 135 Bracket?  Is the one posted correct?  The paper has it much different.

Nick,

The Courier and Supress only shows 6 wrestlers at 135...I am pretty sure it's an error on their part.

well i guess you missed the (...) i put in there for a pause, and usually on a pause i like to take a breath...hes gonna change your mind....hes goin to the top 4...and i aint the only one thats predicted it...someone else on here has

OK if that's all it takes, I predict I have the next 20 Winning Power Ball numbers....

Blue Bolt,

All of your cool points should be taken away for having 4 consecutive posts and putting a smiley face to your own comment.  Laughing at your  own bad joke is definitely NOT cool. 

But to answer your question, Hufford did wrestle Castle at the Castle Invitational but he wrestled at 140 and was pinned by CHAD Welch.  DOUG Welch is the 135.

Blue Bolt,

All of your cool points should be taken away for having 4 consecutive posts and putting a smiley face to your own comment.  Laughing at your  own bad joke is definitely NOT cool. 

But to answer your question, Hufford did wrestle Castle at the Castle Invitational but he wrestled at 140 and was pinned by CHAD Welch.  DOUG Welch is the 135.

im on your side

Thank angryirishman.  Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way.  Don't worry about cool points on here.  We who know you know that you're cool, Nick.  I mean, how many guys have announced state finals matches live on the radio from the floor at Conseco??  You're the only one that I know of and that's definitely cool. 

I made to 152 then had to leave.  I'm going off memory so I could be wrong about the match-ups from 160-275.

103 Reitz tech fall Harrison

112 Castle dec Reitz

119 Reitz dec Mater Dei

125 Reitz dec MD

130 Castle dec Central

135 Castle dec MD

140 MD dec Castle

145 Castle dec MD

152 Reitz dec Castle

160 MD v. Memorial

171 Memorial v. Castle

189 Castle v. MD

215 Castle v. MD

275 Memorial v. MD

Going off some notes and some memory.  MD won a close one with their overall team depth.  Castle had 6 champions, Reitz 4 and MD only 2, but MD dominated in the consolations to win again.  Sorry if scores are off on some matches.

Kuhn (Reitz) beat Hall (Harrison) like 12-0

Brown Castle) beat Moody(Reitz) by a point

Johns (Reitz) beat Shroeder (MD) pretty easy, but Shroeder hung tough

Rueger(Reitz)looked impressive in upsetting Henderson(MD) 3-0

Seitz(Castle) won like 10-2? over Chamberlain(Central)

Welch(Castle) won a tight 1 point match over Weinzapfel(MD)

Sims(MD) beat Welch(Castley) 4-2 in a battle of great sophomores

Richards(Castle) avenged an earlier loss by 1 point over Zenthoefer (MD)

Ritter(Reitz) wins in OT over Pettijohn (Castle)with a late controversial penalty

Easterly(MD) wins over Edge (Memorial)

Wedding(Memorial) wins like 10-4 over Mann(Castle)

Rosebrock (Castle)wins like 10-3 over Fentress(Reitz)

Robison(Castle) wins like 6-2 over Kercher(MD)

Borkoswski (Memorial)wins like 4-2 over Van Winkle(MD)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.