Southern Indiana Athletic Conference **Brackets Posted**

rgray

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AngryIrishman Quote:

no Sir, 125 is in no way, shape, or form a definition of a toss up.  There has been a lot of back and forth here but Henderson(MD) is the only one that is unbeaten in the SIAC and not to mention the only one to beat someone ranked higher than himself(MD Holiday Classic) Henderson VS. VanHorn 3-2 which was a great match. 

Never underestimate wrestlers like Rueger from Reitz.  He may have read this quote and rode it to his 3-0 win today.

AngryIrishman Quote:

no Sir, 125 is in no way, shape, or form a definition of a toss up.  There has been a lot of back and forth here but Henderson(MD) is the only one that is unbeaten in the SIAC and not to mention the only one to beat someone ranked higher than himself(MD Holiday Classic) Henderson VS. VanHorn 3-2 which was a great match. 

Never underestimate wrestlers like Rueger from Reitz.  He may have read this quote and rode it to his 3-0 win today.

Let's keep it civil please...

MD won by 6.5.  Castle had 6 champs  112, 130, 135, 145, 189, 215.   Reitz had  4 champs 103 (TF over Harrison), 119, 125, 152.  MD had two champs 140, 160.   Memorial had 2 champs 171, 285

That was one heck of a tourny.  I think the Castle bleachers have given me butt paralysis.  I hope it goes away.

M&M's should help the paralysis    ;)

Did you see the big swelled up eye Trever Appell gave him, by time the did awards, it was completely shut!!!

I thought he looked dinged up on the stand...but I wasn't sure where he got it...

A Black and Blue Eye...and Red Hair.  To bad it isn't Prom Night.    ;D

He just about has all the colors of the rainbow now!!

Well next weekend is when the Real Season starts...I suggest he shows up bald from working his hair off this week and gives it everything he's got!    ;) 

Mater Dei kept their SIAC streak alive by winning in the consolation round.   Castle had 9 in the finals winning 6 championships with MD having 8 and coming away with 2 champions.  Reitz had 6 going for the title - with 4 winners.

Summary: 

MD               (217.5) 2 (1st) 6 (2nd) 5 (3rd) 1 (4th)

Castle          (211)     6 (1st) 3 (2nd) 1 (3rd) 3 (4th)

Reitz            (187)     4 (1st) 2 (2nd) 2 (3rd) 4 (4th)

Memorial   (132)     2 (1st) 1 (2nd) 3 (3rd) 2 (4th)

Central                                    1 (2nd) 1 (3rd) 4 (4th)

Harrison                                  1 (2nd) 

North                                                        2 (3rd)

Bosse

A great day of wrestling - Congratualtions to all wrestlers!

Someone said in an earlier post that there was a controversial call in the 152 final. The new rule this year states that if someone gets poked in the eye, it doesn't matter if it was an accident or not, it's a point. Ritter still had to get the escape to win as well.

The dispute was over whether the wrestler really got hit in the eye.  This has been called twice this year in matches that I have watched and both times it was late in the third period between these two wrestlers and called when the one went running backwards holding his eye.  I think the timing of it happening two weeks in a row in the last seconds to get it to overtime is the reason it was so disputed.  Good move on his part.  I compare it to the punter that acts like he gets smashed into, so he can get a roughing the kicker call.  As long as there will be new officials, he can use it again next week.

Could someone explain the slaps, pokes (intentional or inadvertent), and head butts being called for points. I have witnessed much disparity in officials calls this year. I understood that any intentional contact with the face was a technical violation (?) and a loss of a point by the slapper, pokey, or butter.  :D Is this correct and could someone elaborate? I do believe Ritter was poked. Pettijohn is a very defensive wrestler that does keep his hands high and moving quite a lot.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.