Southern Indiana Athletic Conference **Brackets Posted**

rgray

Maximus

130 - Seitz - This one is difficult to understand only wrestling 5 matches

130 from castle has only wrestled 5 matches but I think he is defending champ! That is probably why he is a #1 seed

I believe you may be right ...  Regardless he better be ready to wrestle!

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an open comment to ALL of the wrestlers of the SIAC...

On Saturday morning, you will travel to Castle High School in Paradise Indiana. 

You will weigh in, and maybe something to eat.

You just might be keyed up or nervous...That is natural, use that energy to your advantage.

After what will seem like an eternity, you will be called to the mat in turn.

As fans and supporters of each of the programs that will be represented, we will cheer your efforts.  And it is always possible some will be less than supportive of others...Ignore the little people!

A lot of talk here centers around who will beat who.  Which team is the obvious choice and who may or may not upset that team.  The history of this tourney indicates that "favorites" mean very little!  The cold hard fact of the sport of wrestling (and Life in general) is "There are NO SURE THINGS".  Your efforts will determine the outcome of this event not only for yourself, but also your team.

Truth be told, our only true hope for the 24th of January 2009 is that you give it your very best effort, and that each of you comes away injury free and better prepared to wrestle at the next level.

Good Luck To All...

Just an open comment to ALL of the wrestlers of the SIAC...

On Saturday morning, you will travel to Castle High School in Paradise Indiana. 

You will weigh in, and maybe something to eat.

You just might be keyed up or nervous...That is natural, use that energy to your advantage.

After what will seem like an eternity, you will be called to the mat in turn.

As fans and supporters of each of the programs that will be represented, we will cheer your efforts.  And it is always possible some will be less than supportive of others...Ignore the little people!

A lot of talk here centers around who will beat who.  Which team is the obvious choice and who may or may not upset that team.   The history of this tourney indicates that "favorites" mean very little!  The cold hard fact of the sport of wrestling (and Life in general) is "There are NO SURE THINGS".  Your efforts will determine the outcome of this event not only for yourself, but also your team.

Truth be told, our only true hope for the 24th of January 2009 is that you give it your very best effort, and that each of you comes away injury free and better prepared to wrestle at the next level.

Good Luck To All...

Very well said, wahoo to you

Bluebolt,

Nice post / open comment to ALL wreslters of the SIAC

A little note from last year about being keyed up or nervous going into the tournament.  My son which most people would agree was a pretty good wrestler - had to PAY to get in the conference tournament  ::)  I dropped him off at the door as was our routine - he walks in - I do my drive around Newburgh, Boonville, and back to Castle when I get a call - "I forgot my participant pass"!  Of course, he had no money, and even  though he was there an hour ahead of time with all his wrestling stuff - the lady at the door would not let him in (I don't blame her at all - this is not part of the story).  He waited for someone to come by to pay his way in - the most humiliating part was  8) MD showed up during this and walked by him while he was waiting for someone to pony up $5!!!   

Wrestlers are a breed of their own!!  I love them all!!! :)

Bluebolt,

Nice post / open comment to ALL wreslters of the SIAC

A little note from last year about being keyed up or nervous going into the tournament.  My son which most people would agree was a pretty good wrestler - had to PAY to get in the conference tournament  ::)  I dropped him off at the door as was our routine - he walks in - I do my drive around Newburgh, Boonville, and back to Castle when I get a call - "I forgot my participant pass"!  Of course, he had no money, and even  though he was there an hour ahead of time with all his wrestling stuff - the lady at the door would not let him in (I don't blame her at all - this is not part of the story).  He waited for someone to come by to pay his way in - the most humiliating part was  8) MD showed up during this and walked by him while he was waiting for someone to pony up $5!!!   

Wrestlers are a breed of their own!!  I love them all!!! :)

Jon...

Now that is one of the funniest things I have heard in a long time!  But don't they normally charge $10 for competitors who forgot their pass?    ;D

And for the record, your son was pretty darned good!  LOL

It's not an upset but I just think he is solid. I would like to watch him wrestle Welch in the finals.

I am sure that could be arranged    ;D

It will be a shoot out at 135!

I have to admit I don't know much about Hufford from North.  I have only seen North a couple of times this year and am curious about his Number 1 seed. 

Just a few "Corrections"...

119.  #2 seed Schroeder is from MD

152...#2 seed King is from MD versus Bittner of Evansville Central

Like I said, just glanced and that is what jumped off the page at me...

Thanks for the efforts!!!

Glad you posted this.  I caught it right away too...but again, thanks for the efforts!

That was my mistake!!  NOT  Y2's !!!  Sorry everybody, just don't want him to take it, when it was my fault!!

Just a few "Corrections"...

119.  #2 seed Schroeder is from MD

152...#2 seed King is from MD versus Bittner of Evansville Central

Like I said, just glanced and that is what jumped off the page at me...

Thanks for the efforts!!!

Glad you posted this.  I caught it right away too...but again, thanks for the efforts!

That was my mistake!!  NOT  Y2's !!!  Sorry everybody, just don't want him to take it, when it was my fault!!

No Problem Daddy Nut...  ;D

It's not an upset but I just think he is solid. I would like to watch him wrestle Welch in the finals.

I am sure that could be arranged    ;D

It will be a shoot out at 135!

I have to admit I don't know much about Hufford from North.   I have only seen North a couple of times this year and am curious about his Number 1 seed. 

Hufford beat Weinzy early in the season. DeHaven beat Hufford Tuesday night though. My pick is Dehaven on what I would call a mild upset at 135.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.