Penn/ Mishawaka Mishawaka 48 Penn 18(results inside)

Fabio Jr.

Semi-Live Update

145: Davenport(Penn) pins White(Mish) to start the match and get Penn on the board

152: Forte(Mish) wins 9-5

160: Morin(Mish) wins by pin and Mishawaka is leading 9-6

171: Miller(Penn) over Joey Smith(Mish) 10-6 Team Score 9-9

189: Boyd(Mish) wins 6-2 Team Score 12-9 Mishawaka

215: Lentz(Mish) by pin Team score 18-9 Mishawaka

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seemed like a lot of the matches that Mishawaka lost, we started out strong in the first period but were struggling by the 3rd (either winded or injured).

Match at 135 we shouldn't have lost in my opinion.  We were up 6-5 with about 2 seconds left and ref called a reversal for the Penn kid giving him a 7-5 victory.  It was a questionable call as I didn't think our kid had lost control.

Fun night though!

Seems like the Cavemen kept getting injured when the momentum shifted.  There were alot of guys with leg cramps and "questionable" injuries that occurred when things started heating up.  Mishawaka did not wrestle like a state champion team, but I think they were coming off a rough weekend.  This is always a good rivalry, so I drove over to watch it, even though I figured Penn would get killed like they did last year.  This was nothing like last year's Penn team.   Harper has done a great job with these guys and this is a team to watch.  Mishawaka needs to get out and do some wind sprints.  The score does not reflect the matches.  I suggest the Cavemen stop reading their own publicity and get back to work.  They did not pin nearly the number of guys I figured they would.  All in all I'd say it was a moral victory for the Kingsmen and a wake-up call for the Cavemen.

The fans on both sides were quite emotional.  There were a few classless chants from both student sections.  That made the night both interesting and uncomfortable.   Definitely a heated rivalry.

Oldman, I completely agree with you in that we need to work on conditioning...however, as for the injuries, I will not go into detail about each specific wrestler but yes....we are VERY beat up right now due to the intensity of our live wrestling in practice and the meat grinder of a tournament that is Calumet. And as for the chants....I'm pretty sure "He's a B***H" and "Where is Trent?" override anything that came from the Mishawaka side...

I love to think about how the short rests during the match have evolved..... i remember in my day we had a few wrestlers with "magic shoelaces" I am pretty sure then the taping rule for shoelaces came into affect, the power to be had to be thinking of a couple of MHS wrestlers hahahaha.

Congrat's to both teams, MHS pulled it out and Penn well, you can tell Coach Harper has been really working his team hard and has turned up the intensity. Penn came to wrestle while some of the MHS kids seemed to think they could win by stepping  on the mat.  ::)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.