Poll: Lowest Weight Class?

GrecoCoach

I am all for getting rid of that growth allowance.  Maybe I am just jealous it wasn't around when I could have used it, but it does seem kind of silly.  Coaches need to tell their kids not to take that ephedrine crap to cut weight.  Just another log to throw on the old, "wrestling was tougher when I was doing it fire."  Which I don't really believe by the way. 

Just add the 2 lbs. to each weight class and get rid of the growth allowance after the new year.  This would change 103 to 105.

Even by doing that, there is still going to be the trouble of fielding line-ups no matter what weight class it is. Just bumping everything up two pounds wouldn't change anything. As for the two pound growth allowance, that should stay.

I dont think by addin 2lbs to each wieght class will make a difference. After christmas coaches and wrestlers will then want an additional 2lbs. I say just get rid of 103. Most kids that wrestle 103 will be stronger better wrestlers at 112 anyways.

I dont think by addin 2lbs to each wieght class will make a difference. After christmas coaches and wrestlers will then want an additional 2lbs. I say just get rid of 103. Most kids that wrestle 103 will be stronger better wrestlers at 112 anyways.

But look at Alex Gregory from Penn and Jared Brooks from Warsaw

They are tiny, like 85 and 90 lbs. and they are VERY good at 103

Where would they go if there was no 103?

It would be a waste

I must agree with that also.  Mason Todd is another one.  I don't know what he weighs now but I am sure that it is a struggle to get to 103.

Maybe we could just add another weight.  I just see it unfortunate that you have kids that are very tough and strong and good wrestlers at 220-250 that have to take on 60 + extra pounds to win a match. It seems just a matter of time before the 285 pounder bull rushes the 230 pounder for a take down at the end of 3 periods to win the match.

Not trying to take anything away from the biggest kids but I would rather watch a few more matches than watch the other.

They would still be good at 112. And im sure they will beef up soon. I guess im just kinda against it because I weighed 103 when i was born and it always kinda hurt my highschool team. I think we had a 103 2 out of 4 years, but we just recruited him from the hallway.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.