Castle Regional Today

catmancool

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is unfair to the Regional champ that Simms will wrestle.  If you are a Regional champ, you don't have to wrestle a Regional champ to go to State.   It may not matter year in year out - but this is an unusual and unfortunate situation.  

Regardless a regional champ is going to have to wrestle Sims or Welch in the ticket round if he doesn't default. The fair is in july, this is wrestling.

??? I can't beleive some of the post on here. Just shredding some young men to peices, making fun of their injuries, or style of wrestling. They are still the kids that work their butt's off (some since they were in the first grade), and the kids that are the future of this great sport. Respect the sport and these young men, or don't post trash on here about them. Win or lose, they all just went through a meat grinder, and congrats to all that are moving on to Semi-State.

(Give them direction, and our future leaders willbe better Men then we were.)

Thanks Mr. Obvious - I was talking about the 1st round not the ticket round and our Fair is in August!

What does it matter 1st round or ticket round? Still not going to state either way. If you want to talk about unfair, it would be unfair for Sims to wrestle and risk furthering his injury. He takes the defaults and a tougher road to state, I think it is obviouly fair.

I agree that people should not make light of injuries.  However, this is a message board for discussion.  If you can't post your opinion or disagree with others - we might as well just post the results and tell everyone great job and move on.

Agreed sir. Opinions, the fuel that keeps this board alive.

I disagree with the last part of your post.  A healthy John Sims still wouldn't beat Welch in my opinion.  He was 0-5 against the Welch twins last year.  If Sims wins his first two matches next week at Semi-State, is he going to Inj. Def. the next two?  He would meet Welch in the semis if both of them make it to that point.

I didn't say he <i>would</i> beat Welch, I said he was capable of beating Welch. He did lose the matches last year, but if memory serves they were very tight matches. I think Welch would certainly be the favorite, I just don't think it would be a big upset if Sims were to win. As I said above, he is (thus far) a 3x state placer who is ranked 3rd in the state -- with a resume like that it is hard to call any win a <i>big</i> upset.

As far as next week goes, I suppose that will depend on how his hip is doing by then.  As the real goal is the State Finals, I don't think they will push it next week if they think doing so would jeopardize his ability to wrestle at Conseco. 

Overall it was a great day of wrestling.  Just my opinion below.

103  Kuhn is tough.  I see him placing at state. 

112  Johns did what he had to do today.  I wouldn't say he dominated Goebel since 5 of his six points came from a headlock.  After 17 minutes of wrestling (sectionals and today) with Mastison, someone has to be stalling!!

119  Tough weight class.  I can see Welch, Vanhook, and Wedding going to state

125  Matchick76 said it before "how many 1-0 matches have Moody been in?"  0 shots against Henderson and rode him out for 2 minutes with legs in.

130 WOW!  Hoehn and Brown qualified for state last year and now they paced 3-4.  Mangold looked awesome today.

135  Solid weight class.  Good to see Konrath and Dowdy wrestle a good match

140  Rueger is smooth, but Lannert is getting better

145  Whetstine wrestled well all day today

152  Welch - Suprised to see Marshall lose in the first round

160 Welch - they both should win state.  Would of been a great match if Sims was healthy.

171 Stein looks unbeatable.  Haire pulled off a huge upset over Brandenstein

189  Boots vs Sandwith  what was with the stalling calls?  They should of been called during the 112 and 125 match.  Boots should get a better draw

215  Boehm wrestled a great match against Wright.  More action than the 112 and 125 match combined.

285  Vanwinkle stays undefeated.  Hopefully O'Connel will be able to wrestle next week.

Overall some great wrestling.  Looking forward to Roberts Stadium next week.

Okay, back to my favorite hobby of bragging on Reitz and Evansville Central Sectional guys.

Reitz had 7 qualifiers (a little below my expectation but not too bad), they also had 4 champs (which was the most of any team), and all 7 qualifiers finished higher than Mater Dei in their class  :)

As far as the Evansville Sectional, we had 38 of the 56 Semi-state qualifiers and 21 of the 28 wrestlers in the finals.

added the SIAC:  41 of the 56 qualifiers and also 21 of 28 in the finals.

Great Wrestling today!  The Castle Regional will push a good number of kids on to Indy! 

As for the Sims question, I hate that he didn't wrestle more than once today, but after seeing the Heritage Hills kid, I  can't say I would have taken the odds on Simms winning if he's injured.  That kid is one physical beast!

Reitz is well represented also. 

Some outstanding efforts today! 

NICE....kinda like a pitcher who has a hang nail and can't pitch. I guess you can't figure it out but why would he not TRY for a possible 1 or 2 seed? Curiouser. And curiouser ...hmmm now is going for 3 or 4. Why would any one in our most awesome and tough sport do that?  I guess you probably would...but I have watched a lot of kids in the last 40 years tough it out and compete. ....btw...guess I have friends all over the gym....even over in the red and gold...they were chuckling also....

Dude did you ever wrestle?  WOW....oh and way to get personal with the jack... comment...you.have such an expansive repitoire ...that's as personal as I get LOL

You really need to learn some respect Grap because you have none. Sims has overcame so many obstacles it's unbelievable. Obviously you don't know anything about him or wrestling because if you did you would know that if your leg is not functioning you are UNABLE to wrestle. Therefore if you can't even walk to the mat to forfeit then something must be seriously wrong. Sims would never not go to the mat but he was unable to walk there. Get your facts straight before you start bad mouthing a boy on the internet. You have absolutely no class and it makes me sick to my stomach that an adult would even talk this way about a high school student. You obviously have no life if you have been on this website all day talking trash about someone who has more heart than you will ever think about having. Regardless if he places at state or wins a state title he wrestled the day after his dad passed away and that right there is definitely TOUGHING IT OUT as you like to say. Wrestling that day in my eyes was equivalent to winning four straight state titles.  If you have watched wrestling for 40 years you would have seen all the hardships and injuries he has gone through and you wouldn't be talking trash like this on the internet. You should really question yourself as a person because I really believe you have no soul. You are definitely the SAD one here!! I was sitting in the middle of the red and gold and there wasn't a single person as you like to say "chuckling." Anyone who knows Sims knows what he has gone through and hates that he is injured his senior wrestling season. Sims is just doing what he has to do to stay as fresh as he can to qualify for state when it really matters and if you can't see that you are blind. For your information today was a different situation from his hip that enabled him to go out on the mat. It wasn't planned!! If you had SOURCES straightened out you have known why he didn't wrestle today. I am in shock of the things you have written on here and I really hope you think about how things that you say affect other people. If Sims was your son how would you feel about the way you have trash talked him all over the internet? If you only knew half of the things that the kid has been through you would know that the only thing he wants is to BE ON THE MAT...SO WHY WOULD HE WANT TO FORFEIT????

Amber Boyle

John's Sister (I don't need to hide behind a username to talk about wrestling)

Everyone did a great job today and I'm excited to see all the wrestlers at Semi-State next week. Good Luck to everyone!

do agree cannot say sims is not a tough kid and has gone through more in his four years of high school than alot of people go through in a lifetime i know john personally and he is a great kid dont see the need for grown adult who dont know him to question his actions wether you agree of not. would love to seen the welch sims match but o well didnt happen i do feel sorry for the kid who has to wrestle sims first at semi state but other than that kuhn is a animal johns did what needed to be done and let everyone kno not to forget bout him welch and vanhook i dont know what to say other than good wrestling moody and henderson moody won fair and square tried to turn him all match and couldnt that is not stalling. dowdy konrath haha all i can say with that whole class is everyone gets there moneys worth dont count dowdy out by no means and konrath is a great wrestler with great sportsmanship all in all reffs were good today and so was the wrestling well worth the stupid six dollar entry fee

do agree cannot say sims is not a tough kid and has gone through more in his four years of high school than alot of people go through in a lifetime i know john personally and he is a great kid dont see the need for grown adult who dont know him to question his actions wether you agree of not. would love to seen the welch sims match but o well didnt happen i do feel sorry for the kid who has to wrestle sims first at semi state but other than that kuhn is a animal johns did what needed to be done and let everyone kno not to forget bout him welch and vanhook i dont know what to say other than good wrestling moody and henderson moody won fair and square tried to turn him all match and couldnt that is not stalling. dowdy konrath haha all i can say with that whole class is everyone gets there moneys worth dont count dowdy out by no means and konrath is a great wrestler with great sportsmanship all in all reffs were good today and so was the wrestling well worth the stupid six dollar entry fee

Yea, using a saddle to win a match isn't stalling, your right...Moody gets up a point and rides off into the sunset.

Good voice there Amber!!! I will always back Johnny

I was impressed with Wood Memorial.  Not necessarily known for their wrestling but are 1 of only 10 teams sending multiple wrestlers to the semi-state.  Good planning also having practice partners this week at 189 and 215.   ;)

13:  Mater Dei

7:  Reitz and Castle

6:  Central

5:  Princeton

4:  Memorial

3:  North Posey and Mt. Vernon

2:  Wood Memorial and Heritage Hills

1:  Boonville, Harrison, North, and South Spencer

0:  Bosse, Gibson Southern, Tecumseh and Tell City.

I posted the about Boots' draw before they came out.  I mentioned it because of Stevenson and Goldman both being undefeated at that weight.  I didn't know if Sandwith would have drawn into one of them.  Fortunately, he did not.  I think Boots earned his draw last year, after beating Goldman in the round to go.

I doubt if Chad Welch has given up many (or any) offensive points this year so the reversal by Rickenbaugh was quite impressive.  He had Welch in a couple of other scramble situations that were fun to watch but Chad is just on another level.

This match was great.  Despite the score, Rickenbaugh almost had him stacked and the whole crowd went..."woah..."...but then Welch just used that core strength and got those legs of his to turn his whole body around...beautiful to watch.  I can't see anyone stopping him on his way to the top...outstanding wrestler.

Rickenbaugh is a good wrestler.  I think he might've gotten Sims if he had decided to wrestle.  Rickenbaugh only has 3 losses.......all of them to C. Welch (impressively, all by major decision). 

I overheard some coaches talking and heard them say that Sims had a "panic attack" and that's the reason he didn't report to the mat.  It appeared as if Coach Schaeffer didn't even know what was going on.  I wonder if that panic attack was set off by seeing double (reference to the Welch twins  ;D)

You really need to learn some respect Grap because you have none. Sims has overcame so many obstacles it's unbelievable. Obviously you don't know anything about him or wrestling because if you did you would know that if your leg is not functioning you are UNABLE to wrestle. Therefore if you can't even walk to the mat to forfeit then something must be seriously wrong. Sims would never not go to the mat but he was unable to walk there. Get your facts straight before you start bad mouthing a boy on the internet. You have absolutely no class and it makes me sick to my stomach that an adult would even talk this way about a high school student. You obviously have no life if you have been on this website all day talking trash about someone who has more heart than you will ever think about having. Regardless if he places at state or wins a state title he wrestled the day after his dad passed away and that right there is definitely TOUGHING IT OUT as you like to say. Wrestling that day in my eyes was equivalent to winning four straight state titles.  If you have watched wrestling for 40 years you would have seen all the hardships and injuries he has gone through and you wouldn't be talking trash like this on the internet. You should really question yourself as a person because I really believe you have no soul. You are definitely the SAD one here!! I was sitting in the middle of the red and gold and there wasn't a single person as you like to say "chuckling." Anyone who knows Sims knows what he has gone through and hates that he is injured his senior wrestling season. Sims is just doing what he has to do to stay as fresh as he can to qualify for state when it really matters and if you can't see that you are blind. For your information today was a different situation from his hip that enabled him to go out on the mat. It wasn't planned!! If you had SOURCES straightened out you have known why he didn't wrestle today. I am in shock of the things you have written on here and I really hope you think about how things that you say affect other people. If Sims was your son how would you feel about the way you have trash talked him all over the internet? If you only knew half of the things that the kid has been through you would know that the only thing he wants is to BE ON THE MAT...SO WHY WOULD HE WANT TO FORFEIT????

Amber Boyle

John's Sister (I don't need to hide behind a username to talk about wrestling)

Everyone did a great job today and I'm excited to see all the wrestlers at Semi-State next week. Good Luck to everyone!

great post amber...  good job everyone and good luck at semi state to all.  Lets all remember these are still all kids.  They put their pride and their everything  each and every time they step on the mat.  This is too great a sport for idiots to tear down individuals and applaud goes tot to those who step in and put  a halt to the nonsense...  All the wrestlers remember conseco is the goal.  lets get ready to rumble!!!!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.