Castle Regional Today

catmancool

Reality check there Grap, if he wasn't injured there is no point to doing this, precisely because there IS NO MORE SEEDING! His position at semistate will be determined solely by his placement at regionals, and this forfeit just got him a worse draw. So if you and your friends are laughing, you are only proving that you are a jack@--.  

NICE....kinda like a pitcher who has a hang nail and can't pitch. I guess you can't figure it out but why would he not TRY for a possible 1 or 2 seed? Curiouser. And curiouser ...hmmm now is going for 3 or 4. Why would any one in our most awesome and tough sport do that?  I guess you probably would...but I have watched a lot of kids in the last 40 years tough it out and compete. ....btw...guess I have friends all over the gym....even over in the red and gold...they were chuckling also....

Dude did you ever wrestle?  WOW....oh and way to get personal with the jack... comment...you.have such an expansive repitoire ...that's as personal as I get LOL

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NICE....kinda like a pitcher who has a hang nail and can't pitch. I guess you can't figure it out but why would he not TRY for a possible 1 or 2 seed? Curiouser. And curiouser ...hmmm now is going for 3 or 4. Why would any one in our most awesome and tough sport do that?  I guess you probably would...but I have watched a lot of kids in the last 40 years tough it out and compete. ....btw...guess I have friends all over the gym....even over in the red and gold...they were chuckling also....

Dude did you ever wrestle?  WOW....oh and way to get personal with the jack... comment...you.have such an expansive repitoire ...that's as personal as I get LOL

Why would he not TRY? Because he has been hampered by an injury most of the season, all the way through the conference tournament (which he didn't participate in) and likely wants to wrestle only the matches needed to advance to state. Then he gets another week to heal. 

You have yet to propose a serious explanation for forfeiting. It makes no sense to forfeit to "duck" competition when it means that he will face tougher competition to advance next week. So in your eyes he is just scared, so he is willing to take a lower place this week and next week just to avoid wrestling these two?

guess my sources were right but he was even ducking ri ckenbaugh also. I am sorry but this doesnt show anyone much and the crowd wasnt silent......they were laughing. ...all i. An say is that it will come back haunt him in semi state. He couldnt have been hurt because he breezed through his 1st match.....all he is doing is ducking to try and keep a decent seed.....SAD BUT ...........

I didn't hear any laughing. It was pretty silent.

Why would he not TRY? Because he has been hampered by an injury most of the season, all the way through the conference tournament (which he didn't participate in) and likely wants to wrestle only the matches needed to advance to state. Then he gets another week to heal. 

You have yet to propose a serious explanation for forfeiting. It makes no sense to forfeit to "duck" competition when it means that he will face tougher competition to advance next week. So in your eyes he is just scared, so he is willing to take a lower place this week and next week just to avoid wrestling these two?

Thx you just answered my post and question....Thx partner

Any news on the consolation matches?

Is Brandenstein the only MD wrestler to be eliminated altogether so far?

Yes.....MD boys have wrestled great. We will be rooting for several of them in INDY....not to mention next week.

215?  hwt?

215 lbs.

First Name, Last Name  Grade  W-L Rec.  School

1.  Jared Boehm  10  43-5  Heritage Hills

2.  Nathan Wright  10  23-8  Ev. Mater Dei

3.  Jake Barclay  11  32-7  South Spencer

4.  Dillon Tepe  12  31-10  Wood Memorial

5.  Chris Procacina  12  21-19  Ev. Harrison

6.  Logan Knight  12  32-8  Gibson Southern

285 lbs.

First Name, Last Name  Grade  W-L Rec.  School

1.  Justin VanWinkle  12  33-0  Ev. Mater Dei

2.  Edward O?Connell  12  34-7  Mt. Vernon

3.  Jesse Hohl  10  34-10  Ev. Central

4.  Austin Little  10  32-10  North Posey

5.  Cody Osborne  9  13-28  Tecumseh

6.  Justin Hines  11  28-17  Heritage Hills

So, I presume it is clear now to Grap41 that Sims is still battling with an injury. I do apologize for the insult, but I got a little indignant that you were claiming he was ducking competition. The kid has been a trooper for 4 years now, overcoming the death of his father just before the tournament his freshman year and placing at state his first three years (6th, 4th, 5th).  The thought that he would have ducked out of a match (or two) because he was scared of the opponent is crazy. But then I guess you didn't know that. . .

So anyway, I would hate to be the regional champion that draws Sims first round next week :-[. He has to dig himself out of a hole now, but a healthy John Sims is capable of beating anyone in the field.

kinda unfair to the regional champ who drawls sims. really bad if that boy is a senior and gets a draw like that and gets screwed out of a chance to go to state

Would it be unfair if Sims got second in regional and wrestled the number 1 seed in ticket round and sent him home? Regardless of what round he will have the potential to send a 1 seed home before qualifying round.

So, I presume it is clear now to Grap41 that Sims is still battling with an injury. I do apologize for the insult, but I got a little indignant that you were claiming he was ducking competition. The kid has been a trooper for 4 years now, overcoming the death of his father just before the tournament his freshman year and placing at state his first three years (6th, 4th, 5th).  The thought that he would have ducked out of a match (or two) because he was scared of the opponent is crazy. But then I guess you didn't know that. . .

So anyway, I would hate to be the regional champion that draws Sims first round next week :-[. He has to dig himself out of a hole now, but a healthy John Sims is capable of beating anyone in the field.

I disagree with the last part of your post.  A healthy John Sims still wouldn't beat Welch in my opinion.  He was 0-5 against the Welch twins last year.  If Sims wins his first two matches next week at Semi-State, is he going to Inj. Def. the next two?  He would meet Welch in the semis if both of them make it to that point.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.