I pitty the fool!

TripleB

I'll go ahead and say it, Tis too good to be true:

UFC's Quinton Jackson to play B. A. Baracus in "The A-Team" movie remake

by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Aug 26, 2009 at 10:50 am ET

Former UFC champion Quinton Jackson has been cast as B. A. Baracus in a film remake of the popular 1980s action/adventure television series, "The A-Team," according to The Sun.

The legendary role was first played on the small screen by Mr. T during the series' five-season television run from 1983 to 1987.

The film, currently in pre-production, is slated for a June 2010 release.

rest of article: http://mmajunkie.com/news/15973/ufcs-quinton-jackson-to-play-b-a-baracus-in-the-a-team-movie-remake.mma

Hope he has all the classic lines, "I done told you Hannibal, I ain't getting on no plane!"

Kind of leary about Hannibal being done by Leslie Nielson. Hannibal was funny, but not absent-minded funny. He was more of a cocky funny.

Hah, where'd you get that from? Liam Neeson is playing Hannibal, not Leslie Nielson!

Not sold on Liam Neeson yet either but agree that may be better than Leslie Nielson.  The guy playing Face sounds like it could be a decent fit. Rampage could be a great BA with over the top attitude. Wonder who they will get from Murdock?  Jim Carry could fit the part as long as he doesn't try to overplay the character.  This already sounds 20 times better than the GI Joe movie I didn't even bother to see because I knew I would just cry myself to sleep afterward.

Junkie is reporting that this story was a ruse.

Heck no.  They got my hopes up so this thing is getting made.  If it means I have to drive up in my red stripped van and knock some Hollywood head so be it.

Speaking of Griffin has anyone heard anything from that fella?  A buddy of mine swore that he had to lock up the brakes on his truck the other day to avoid some nut that was flat out running through the middle of traffic......he said if it wasn't Forest it had to be his twin.  He has to have Gump beat at this point.;)

Dana White: ?[Rampage] giving up literally millions of dollars to play Mr. T"

Dana White has never been one to hold back his feelings on anything regarding the UFC. From other organizations to his own UFC fighters, White has been a sportswriters dream full of sound bytes.

He recently gave more to talk about when he did an interview with The DAM Morning Show in Las Vegas on Tuesday to comment on everything from B.A. Baracus to a rumored network deal.

On the rumored network deal White stated, ?I guarantee you by Sept. 15 of next year, we will be on network television. I?ll put on probably one a quarter ? one that should have been on pay-per-view except we?ll put it on network TV. I?m putting on like 13 pay-per-views per year. That?s more than one a month. I think you have to give back to the fans, and you have to give back free fights. So we do a ton of free fights on Spike TV between Fight Nights and some of the big, just out-of-the-blue fights we put on Spike. And now we get a network deal, and we?re doing four big fights a year that should have been on pay-per-view, but you get for free? That?s how I grew up. That?s how I became a big boxing fan. My uncles used to watch all the fights on ABC?s ?Wide World of Sports,? and I used to watch it with them, and I became a huge boxing fan. That?s my model. That?s what I?m going to build now here today.?

White has been hinting at a network deal for months now and would be a huge jump for the UFC and fans alike. His recent displeasure towards Showtime is an indication he wants a deal done sooner rather than later.

He also commented on the recent rescheduling of the Quinton ?Rampage? Jackson vs. ?Sugar? Rashad Evans fight, which was set to take place at UFC 107, following the finale of the highly anticipated The Ultimate Fighter 10, which debuts Wednesday. White said, ?I hate it. I hate it so bad, I can?t even tell you how bad I hate it. I?m so mad at Rampage over this. Rampage is a guy that we?ve obviously taken under our wing the last few years. We really like him and have done a lot of good things for him. For him to do this to me, and pull out and do this goofy A-Team movie, I?m not happy about it at all?You?re gonna be a huge bonafide movie star with one role? They?re not paying him jack. Okay? He?s giving up literally millions of dollars to play Mr. T. If you think he?s gonna go in and say ?I pity the fool? and he?s gonna become a huge serious actor off that role, give me a friggin? break?

His frustration is understandable considering the popular reality show has fans expecting a showdown between the coaches. White continued, ?I?m mad at Rampage right now. Rampage is somebody that I consider a friend, and he put me in a bad position. I?m not happy about it. He hurt himself, he hurt us. Sometimes, seriously, you gotta save these guys from themselves. What he?s doing makes no sense whatsoever, so we?ll see how this whole thing plays out and what happens, but I?m mad at him, I don?t even want to talk to him right now. Lorenzo?s talking to him, not me.?