Complete forfeit at 150

It appears that the flagrant misconduct has earned a complete forfeit today. Unfortunate that the emotions got the best of him and erased his history at State. 
this has happened all year with other wrestlers repeatedly and no action nice to see IHSAA finally taking action. 

4 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Seems it would be a lot easier to just say that initially

Pretty sure the misconduct was called on the mat after match was concluded. He was initially the winner till the incident. 

1 minute ago, 1prouddad said:

Pretty sure the misconduct was called on the mat after match was concluded. He was initially the winner till the incident. 

We got that now.  I was referring to the initial post in the thread which gave no specific info.  

17 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

Thought the radio said Harper had won 2-0 and then they were at each other  or at least the New Haven wrestler was irritated. 

Dane mentioned someone needed to separate them in the tunnel before things got really heated.

Edited by casualwrestlingfan
Added

6 minutes ago, casualwrestlingfan said:

Thought the radio said Harper had won 2-0 and then they were at each other  or at least the New Haven wrestler was irritated. 

Dane mentioned someone needed to separate them in the tunnel before things got really heated.

Harper finished off the match on the mat with double boots in.  After the whistle, Harper rolled off him and as Elkins   got up he stepped over Harper and there was a little bravado, but nothing big.  As they stood to shake hands, Elkins said something and they ended up nose to nose very briefly.  They were separated quickly and Elkins was hit with a flagrant misconduct, deducting 3 team points.  What happened after that was not on that camera.  I doubt what happened on the mat led to a full DQ, but probably led to it as mentioned.

34 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Harper finished off the match on the mat with double boots in.  After the whistle, Harper rolled off him and as Elkins   got up he stepped over Harper and there was a little bravado, but nothing big.  As they stood to shake hands, Elkins said something and they ended up nose to nose very briefly.  They were separated quickly and Elkins was hit with a flagrant misconduct, deducting 3 team points.  What happened after that was not on that camera.  I doubt what happened on the mat led to a full DQ, but probably led to it as mentioned.

The signal the ref made ON THE MAT was flagrant misconduct. He was disqualified due to the actions ON THE MAT.

1 minute ago, Y2CJ41 said:

The signal the ref made ON THE MAT was flagrant misconduct. He was disqualified due to the actions ON THE MAT.

Thanks for the clarification.  I didn't know that would erase you from the whole tournament.  You can't tell from the video what was said or what may have happened during the match, so it's hard to judge without full context.  

27 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Pretty much what I said. 

The more we get to "clarify" this, the clearer the incident will be. 

11 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

Pretty much what I said. 

The more we get to "clarify" this, the clearer the incident will be. 

There is no need for any more clarity. We are talking about KIDS and no need to go into any more detail.

• Y2CJ41 locked this topic