DJ Washington

I’m probably fretting over nothing. I don’t think he’s at his best right now. Weight cut or sickness or burnout. But he seems to be running in neutral.  He is a legit AA’er this year. Maybe over training. Hope he gets back on track. 

On 2/5/2024 at 9:47 PM, Disco said:

I’m probably fretting over nothing. I don’t think he’s at his best right now. Weight cut or sickness or burnout. But he seems to be running in neutral.  He is a legit AA’er this year. Maybe over training. Hope he gets back on track. 

Me too, I always love to see the region guys succeed. At his best he’s definitely an all American, and I think he returns to form come big tens. I feel like the weight cut is tough in him

2 hours ago, Adam_glass said:

Me too, I always love to see the region guys succeed. At his best he’s definitely an all American, and I think he returns to form come big tens. I feel like the weight cut is tough in him

It's never really been a good thing for his gas tank.  Against these top guys he has got to find a way to control the pace of the match until he finds an opening to explode for a few points.  In the matches where they have keep the pace up, even when he has an early lead, it tends to not turn out great for him in the last period.  

On 2/7/2024 at 1:45 PM, MattM said:

It's never really been a good thing for his gas tank.  Against these top guys he has got to find a way to control the pace of the match until he finds an opening to explode for a few points.  In the matches where they have keep the pace up, even when he has an early lead, it tends to not turn out great for him in the last period.  

For the most part this year he has controlled his matches, I’m not convinced he’s learned completely how to set up his shots? He’s starting to telegraph what he’s doing.  Stating to far out, then getting countered. Not sharp on offense. Wore down? Weight? Just an observation 

No matter what happens with happens with him this year, I hope future potential Indana recruits take note of his career.  He went from being a zero time state champion to a solid D1/B1G wrestler and a legitimate AA contender.  Heck, he even has signature wins against a number of notable names including one from PSU who will go down as one of the best ever.   That is much for DJ and the IU coaching staff to be proud of.  Cheers to him.

Edited by matts

So DJ was a no show at Columbus. Have a feeling cutting maybe wearing on him. I could be completely wrong but I don’t remember him getting dinged(hurt) or anything.  I noticed Lillard not wrestling at Ohio st. Also. After not making weight ( per coaches)the match before.