College Wrestler dies after being denied water

47 minutes ago, Coach Beezy said:

I surely hope they are still not coaching! 

Jordan Countryman is coaching at Saraland high school in Alabama.  He got the job right after he left Cumberland.  I believe he's originally from Alabama.   Must be a really good ole boy club for the AD to overlook this incident.    I hope the parents at that school are really monitoring how he treats the kids,  just irresponsible this guy is still coaching.    

I wrestled on the team in 2020 with a countryman as my head coach. I was at the practice when everything went down. There are many things that are fabricated in that news article and video. There are also many things missing that they are keeping out and not telling you in the video. The missing things play a huge part in the whole story and make you look at it from a different point. BTW if anyone thinks I'm defending what happened, I am not. Everything that happened was terrible, and that is the reason I transferred. I was just stating there are things missing that make the story worse but the news showed some things that weren't true.

2 hours ago, CpDinger said:

I wrestled on the team in 2020 with a countryman as my head coach. I was at the practice when everything went down. There are many things that are fabricated in that news article and video. There are also many things missing that they are keeping out and not telling you in the video. The missing things play a huge part in the whole story and make you look at it from a different point. BTW if anyone thinks I'm defending what happened, I am not. Everything that happened was terrible, and that is the reason I transferred. I was just stating there are things missing that make the story worse but the news showed some things that weren't true.

Appreciate your input on on a personal and sensitive issue.   Im sure this had to be a difficult  and emotional situation to navigate as a teammate.  Always two sides to a story,  and i'm sure for based on legal strategy protection from their lawyers,  the University of Cumberland's and coaches are highly suggested to not comment on the situation, thus making it more one sided.     I did read other articles,  and  it doesn't look good.   Like you said for whatever reason, some things aren't being said.