Fastest to 50 / 100 HC Wins??

QuinnHarris

Who is the the fastest Head Coach to 50 or 100 coaching wins.

I hit 50 this week and it got me wondering how fast some other coaches were able to get there. From a little research on the coaches page it's looking like these coaches may be the 10 fastest to 50 Wins as a Head Coach.

I am 50-7 and did it in less than 2 seasons, but more so was looking for any coach to hit 50 in under 60 duals wrestled considering some coaches back in the day couldn't wrestle nearly as many duals as we can now!

Ed Pendowski Portage

John Smith Muncie SouthSide

John Henry Harrison WL

Kevin Blundell Monrovia

Mark Hidalago River Forest

Mike Goebel Evansville Mater Dei

Ray Black Jr. Madison

Terry O'Niel Westfield

Tim Klingensmith Jay Couty

Quinn Harris Cascade

Also as I was looking I came across the infamous Rex Peckinpaugh 1000-300-3 MANNNNN! 40 years and 1303 dual meets coached, thats a number to chase for sure!

Is anyone able to confirm these or maybe tell me if I am wrong on this list?

I didn't look too hard to see who got to 100 first or how fast, was hoping I could get some help from the board, but it did look like Ed Pendowski may have been the fastest to 100!

First, congratulations on your achievement, some never crack 50. In the past I don't think schools wrestled as many duals in a year as we do or have in the recent past. So apples and oranges as far as how many seasons. I would think Goebel would be close to the top as far as match for match fastest to 50.

20 minutes ago, QuinnHarris said:

Who is the the fastest Head Coach to 50 or 100 coaching wins.

I hit 50 this week and it got me wondering how fast some other coaches were able to get there. From a little research on the coaches page it's looking like these coaches may be the 10 fastest to 50 Wins as a Head Coach.

I am 50-7 and did it in less than 2 seasons, but more so was looking for any coach to hit 50 in under 60 duals wrestled considering some coaches back in the day couldn't wrestle nearly as many duals as we can now!

Ed Pendowski Portage

John Smith Muncie SouthSide

John Henry Harrison WL

Kevin Blundell Monrovia

Mark Hidalago River Forest

Mike Goebel Evansville Mater Dei

Ray Black Jr. Madison

Terry O'Niel Westfield

Tim Klingensmith Jay Couty

Quinn Harris Cascade

Also as I was looking I came across the infamous Rex Peckinpaugh 1000-300-3 MANNNNN! 40 years and 1303 dual meets coached, thats a number to chase for sure!

Is anyone able to confirm these or maybe tell me if I am wrong on this list?

I didn't look too hard to see who got to 100 first or how fast, was hoping I could get some help from the board, but it did look like Ed Pendowski may have been the fastest to 100!

You're doing wonderful things young man and I am proud to call you a friend. I remember whenever you were the assistant Ben Davis and didn't get the job we had a talk and I told you that things happen for a reason that no matter where you end up they will be blessed to have you. And to see how far you've brought that program and all of the fantastic young lies you've touched speaks volumes to your character and love of the sport. You're not only making Champions on the map but are developing wonderful young adults into great people. You have to be up there as one of the quickest to get to the 50 win mark i'd say..

I don't think Pecks number will ever be eclipsed, I remember when I pinned my opponent from rushville my sophomore year it solidified the state record for him with that dual meet win.. He had 21 seasons he won at least 30 duals, And if I'm not mistaken the only coach in state history to win 40 duals in a season, doing it 3 consecutive seasons with  .. winning 106 straight, having a 4 year run that probably won't ever be topped wins wise with 38-2,41-0,42-0 and 46-2 with a 4 season span of 167-4, 4 conference ,4 regional, 3 semi state,2 state runner up titles.. 24 state qualifiers and 14 placers over those 4 seasons.. And I know that elusive team state title wasn't ever achieved, but it cannot be denied how big a influence that he had on the state of Indiana and our wrestling program. 

1000 dual meet wins is also a national record if I'm not mistaken! 

11 minutes ago, Ahawkeye said:

First, congratulations on your achievement, some never crack 50. In the past I don't think schools wrestled as many duals in a year as we do or have in the recent past. So apples and oranges as far as how many seasons. I would think Goebel would be close to the top as far as match for match fastest to 50.

Goebel win% is untouchable and had chose a more dual orientated schedule he Would have had even more or a unreal record but I like the fact he had his teams in tougher individual tourneys to prepare them for the state tournament,

My sophomore year, which was the last time a Newcastle team place in the state finals with us getting fit at dual team state we're on the other side of a Goebel lead Dismantling lol

We still to this day have the record for the most lopsided loss in the state finals losing 66-3 with only Terrell Coatie winning beating the state runner up Conkling.. our team had 6 State qualifiers/placers and overall 11 guys that were or would be SSQ/ ticket rounders.. only time I see Matt Jagger's pen he was beating Coughlin, and I'll never forget the night before Uncle Bobby Jaggers telling Matt that no matter how the match was going that if you wouldn't care for you would get bulldog or chin whipped by coughlin so don't get too confident or cocky regardless the score.. sure enough in the third period Matt was controlling the match, and got into a front head situation, coughlin trucked him over similar to Tommy cash versus Joe Lee and stuck Matt.. our 160 fifth placer and eventual D3 AA, stud Keith Garrard would get Maj by at the time a relatively unknown stud That went on to win state wildeman, my dad told me that if I got a takedown on now where he would give me $250, I think I ended up owing him 30 grand after I was teched lol those early 2000 EMD teams were the best teams I've ever seen up until the CP team last year.. when you're a State qualifier and you're not even in the top 10 best on your team, that speaks to how loaded they were. 

Congrats @QuinnHarris! Love what you all are building out on the west side. Hoping you and I can duke it out for years to come. 
42-18 through my first 60 in 2.5 seasons.  15 duals left this year hoping to hit the big 50.

Let the race to 100 begin! 

Did some more looking and came up with this!

Ed Pendowski Portage 2 Seasons 30-2, 33-2

Terry O'Niel Westfield 2 Seasons 25-5, 30-4

John Henry Harrison WL 2 Seasons 39-3, 28-3

Quinn Harris Cascade 2 Seasons 28-6, 22-1 (still duals left)

Lance Bheeler Mishawaka 3 Seasons 23-2, 23-5, 23-4

Ray Black Jr Madison 3 Seasons 19-3, 25-3, 23-4

Kevin Blundell Monrovia 3 Season 18-2, 18-2, 20-2

Matt Schoettle Perry Meridian 4 Seasons 12-1, 17-1, 16-2, 10-5

Mark Hidalago River Forest 4 Seasons 18-3, 5-0, 20-1, 18-1

John Smith Muncie SouthSide 5 Seasons 10-0, 10-0, 11-1, 10-2, 12-1

Mike Goebel Evansville Mater Dei 5 Seasons 10-1, 11-1, 9-0-2, 14-0, 12-0

Tim Klingensmith Jay County 6 Seasons 10-0, 9-1, 10-2, 9-1, 11-2, 15-3

Everyone here hit 50 wins in less than 60 duals from what I can gather.

Edited by QuinnHarris

Don Patton - Head Coach for Delta from 1976-1986

Overall Record was 101-13

in his first two season as head coach they went 4-5 both years (10 of his 13 losses as a head coach came in his first two seasons)

Went on to coach 48 state qualifiers

- 33 of those 48 we state placers

- 13 of those were state champions

Also coached 5 Team State titles, 2nd Place finish, and a 4th Place finish

12 minutes ago, Cody LeCount said:

Don Patton - Head Coach for Delta from 1976-1986

Overall Record was 101-13

in his first two season as head coach they went 4-5 both years (10 of his 13 losses as a head coach came in his first two seasons)

Went on to coach 48 state qualifiers

- 33 of those 48 we state placers

- 13 of those were state champions

Also coached 5 Team State titles, 2nd Place finish, and a 4th Place finish

You've started off your Delta coaching career pretty darn awesome yourself! I've got a handful of guys I consider my brothers that have their kids there and help as well and they all speak nothing but praise of what you're doing with the program and the overall culture building! And really love that the kids have taken to you and how you elevated the competitive mindset all while really focusing on developing great young people. Keep it up, between the Jaggers, Allisons, Carver,Mosiers Martin's man child Canelo (I think he'll take more to wrestling the older he gets) as well at the many other) and many other wrestling tradition families, y'all are in good hands! Also Aiden flowers and his father who are also like family to me, really look up to you and respect the heck out of you Coach!!

it's soo crazy thinking  after I graduated HS I was contacted by Troy about helping him coach his stud elementary squar that you and Chandler Carol among many other studs who were a part of and we would hold practices in the New Castle High School room. y'all had to be only 8 to 10 at the time have really going to wonderful young men! I'm Getting old lol

You guys are doing big things at Cascade! I cant imagine it will take too long to hit 100 : )

I hit 100 this season in our first tournament. My first year we only had a handful of kids so we only won 4 duals. This is my 7th season as Head Coach. 

Coach Kuhn

Faith Christian Wrestling