Iran wrestling news

1 hour ago, Amir.Sol said:

92 - Azarpira will probably have to go through Zahid, Nurmagomedov and Valiev just to get to the finals. I love Azarpira but there's no way he doesn't drop 1 if not 2 of those matches. (No medal but should get points)

97 - Another terrible draw. It's even worse because Goleij gets Sadulaev first, potentially tiring him before he meets Snyder. Best we can hope is for Goleij to qualify us for Olympics. (5th)

Azarpira beats all 3 (he only has to beat 2/3) and wins Gold. No medal means he loses to 2/3 of them. That's not happening

Goleij got screwed lol. The draw is horrible. He needs a miracle against Snyder for Bronze, very unlikely. That's a shame.

3 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Azarpira beats all 3 (he only has to beat 2/3) and wins Gold. No medal means he loses to 2/3 of them. That's not happening

Goleij got screwed lol. The draw is horrible. He needs a miracle against Snyder for Bronze, very unlikely. That's a shame.

Zahid and Nurmagomedov shouldn't be underestimated. I know Zahid has already lost to Azarpira but that match was too close to be comfortable. I also don't trust Azarpira's gas tank at a lower weight. Just think he'll have some issues having to go through all three in a row. I'm definitely rooting for him though he's who I think will replace Sad and Snyder as the next 97 alpha.

3 hours ago, Amir.Sol said:

Zahid and Nurmagomedov shouldn't be underestimated. I know Zahid has already lost to Azarpira but that match was too close to be comfortable. I also don't trust Azarpira's gas tank at a lower weight. Just think he'll have some issues having to go through all three in a row. I'm definitely rooting for him though he's who I think will replace Sad and Snyder as the next 97 alpha.

Nurma and Firouzpour are neck and neck, and I'm confident Ghasempour and Azarpira are a level above those guys.

Zahid will be tough but Azarpira has already proven he can defeat him and he is at that age where he can make significant improvements every time he wrestles. I have a lot of faith in Azarpira to win Gold here.

8 hours ago, Amir.Sol said:

97 - Another terrible draw. It's even worse because Goleij gets Sadulaev first, potentially tiring him before he meets Snyder. Best we can hope is for Goleij to qualify us for Olympics. (5th)

Omg didn’t even consider this but you’re right, Goleij is gonna take Sad to underhook hell, still lose but gas him for Snyder in the next round. Like Hosseinkhani did to Dake for Kadi lol.

Just now, The Genius said:

How are you guys watching? UWW+ is dysfunctional 

UWW+ is probably the worst thing ever constructed. I can’t believe they’d change it and mess it up so badly before such a large and important event.

1 minute ago, kkiane said:

UWW+ is probably the worst thing ever constructed. I can’t believe they’d change it and mess it up so badly before such a large and important event.

Totally agree. Not only do they put all their streams behind a paywall that doesn't even work but they simultaneously ruin major parts of their basic website functionality. So stupid. 

Arena UWW isn't loading for me either. It's probably down from everyone trying to access it. You can use floarena for now instead. 

https://arena.flowrestling.org/event/ba9fd9b1-9881-4250-a943-1400a233061b

Is anyone paying for UWW+? Do you think it's worth it or is the stream a mess? I don't think IRIB3 is reliable enough to show all the matches.

2 minutes ago, Amir.Sol said:

Arena UWW isn't loading for me either. It's probably down from everyone trying to access it. You can use floarena for now instead. 

Is anyone paying for UWW+? Do you think it's worth it or is the stream a mess? I don't think IRIB3 is reliable enough to show all the matches.

Arena’s loading for me fine here in Tokyo…

I would say so far + is 100% not worth it. But hoping it’ll improve quick.

Edited by kmrabr

2 minutes ago, Amir.Sol said:

I paid for UWW+ but it isn't working for me. So I also paid for Flo and am using a VPN and it works perfectly.