Iran wrestling news

38 minutes ago, kmrabr said:

Don’t know if anyone else gets this but one thing I don’t like about this years worlds is the way it’s shot. I’ve missed loads of action because the camera man’s shooting super close shots of the wrestlers faces like it’s a soap opera. Happened in the Yaz Amine match and Taha Zare. Really annoying.  During the match I wanna be able to see the both wrestlers in frame so we can see all the setups and footwork.

Yep lots of people have been complaining about this on twitter. Happened exactly when Zare got the TD against Taha, and it's also in the recording of the match, so I think we just don't have footage of that TD and will never know exactly how it happened, lol

Valizadeh, Emami and Nokhodi all coming up on Mat B

Sidakov had a very tough match against Kenchadze in the first round (7-6) now faces Abdurakhmonov. Emami only has to wrestle once before they meet. It sounds crazy, but I think Emami could have a chance against Sidakov. I expect it to be close anyway. 

2 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Sidakov had a very tough match against Kenchadze in the first round (7-6) now faces Abdurakhmonov. Emami only has to wrestle once before they meet. It sounds crazy, but I think Emami could have a chance against Sidakov. I expect it to be close anyway. 

Agreed. Thought he had a good chance anyway before the tournament started, but after the last match, if Emami can wrestle his best for 6mins I genuinely believe he can do it.

4 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t Savadkouhi beat Sidakov?