Iran wrestling news

This is absolutely incompetence by UWW.

UWW should have the authority to ban specific countries, and that by itself is questionable.

Hosting countries should not have the authority to ban countries.  UWW should never pick a country to host without first confirming that they will issue visas to all the participants.

1 hour ago, danny rihani said:

so is it official the iranian team won't Participate at the U23 worlds ?

Yep. UWW don't care about their host (Albania) refuses to issue visas to Iranian wrestlers on purely political grounds, even though they went to great lengths to ensure Russian athletes could compete. 

The UWW is corrupt and politicised beyond belief. 

It was officially announced tonight on the UWW site. I don't understand how this happens? They put it in Albania to be sure Russian and Belarusian neutral athletes can participate, but then overlook the fact that Iran could be left out? What a tragedy. That's awful. Sorry, guys. I feel for you.

Hendrickson, who I mentioned recently lost 12-11 to Parris, pinned the Senior Worlds true 5th Kurbanov this morning after being up 17-9. I sure wish we could have seen him and Masoumi. He's an elite athlete, weighing the full 125kg with no fat. It would have been a unique test for Masoumi. 

1 hour ago, maligned said:

Hendrickson, who I mentioned recently lost 12-11 to Parris, pinned the Senior Worlds true 5th Kurbanov this morning after being up 17-9. I sure wish we could have seen him and Masoumi. He's an elite athlete, weighing the full 125kg with no fat. It would have been a unique test for Masoumi. 

It's really sad this happened. No winners out of this situation. But I feel for the u23 team. 

Sounds like would have been a good match up between Masoumi and this guy.

3 hours ago, maligned said:

The non Iranian athletes are also cheated because this ridiculous maneuver.  Both Hendrickson and Massoumi would have benefited from such a match.

2 hours ago, maligned said:

Totally agree.

Seen this dude. Looks really good. I do reckon Masoumi is ahead of him though. Of course would have been nice to actually see the match up rather than hypothesise....maybe some other time!

4 minutes ago, Uwwdoc said:

I do reckon Masoumi is ahead of him though. 

I agree. But Hendrickson's matches against good people tend to be wild and high-scoring. He can be scored on, but he's so dangerous and puts almost everyone to their back.

Just now, maligned said:

I agree. But Hendrickson's matches against good people tend to be wild and high-scoring. He can be scored on, but he's so dangerous and puts almost everyone to their back.

And Masoumi has a habit of getting put to his back

50 minutes ago, The Genius said:

The UWW has a duty to uphold certain standards and it has arguably failed to do so here. You think national federations should be powerless against potential abuses/misuses of power by the UWW? 

i think international politics is a multi-faceted issue...

i also think it is adorable anyone thinks a lawsuit is going to solve, eliminate, or even marginally disrupt those issues...

but...

there is absolutely no reason why you can not file your adorable little lawsuit on their behalf...

instead of just righteous indignation on the internet, you have can actually do something...

do keep us posted on how that initial interview with the lawyer goes...