Iran wrestling news

1 minute ago, Irani said:

I always believed that Amir Yazdani at his best is world class.

the problem has always been his mental lapses

So far, in this championship he has been focused and looking really good.

now I am wondering if he will try 74 kg for the Olympics 

He’s been incredible. We all know his ability but he’s wrestled really smart all tournament.

Did Taha shoot for a single TD all match? Zare totally shut him down. Amazing

Amir Zare is the best heavyweight wrestler in the world. Only 22 years old with (soon) 4 World/Olympic medals. Beast.

Feel bad for Masoumi. Will be very hard for him to break into the team with Zare around.

9 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Geno is such a weird wrestler. The way he gave up that step out was almost laughable but as usual he came clutch in the second period, looked like he could score at will and almost pinned Parris at the end, winning 8-6.

Zare vs Geno for Gold tomorrow. 

He wrestled a very odd match, even for him. Biggest surprise for me was Parris’ parterre defence, was sure Geno was gonna hit at least a couple of guts but Parris looked stronger on the ground than gable.

Good result for team points I suppose but wanted to see Zare Parris final if I’m honest.

14 minutes ago, kmrabr said:

He wrestled a very odd match, even for him. Biggest surprise for me was Parris’ parterre defence, was sure Geno was gonna hit at least a couple of guts but Parris looked stronger on the ground than gable.

Good result for team points I suppose but wanted to see Zare Parris final if I’m honest.

If you win gold and Parris gets bronze, it sets a course toward #1 vs #4 semis at the Olympics. I have a feeling you'll eventually get your shot at revenge.

20 minutes ago, kmrabr said:

Would have been nice for Zare to avenge that juniors loss but it's not his fault Parris failed to make it. Plus Parris lost to Gable recently so no one would give Zare much credit anyway. 

3/4 of our day 1 wrestlers make the final. That's a very good showing. Tomorrow won't be as good but we have Emami, Nokhodi and Azarpira to look forward to, as well as today's 3 finals of course.

57 - Valizadeh DNP

74 - I think Emami loses a close match to Sidakov but wins Bronze

79 - The draw is so bad, Nokhodi Usmanov and Chance all on the same bracket. The question is whether Nokhodi can beat Usmanov. Gold if yes, Bronze if no.

92 - Another terrible draw, Azarpira Zahid Valiev and Nurma all on the same bracket. I think Azarpira beats them all and wins Gold

70 - Amir Yazdani came for Gold and I think he will beat Retherford - Gold

86 - Hassan will have another close match with DT but lose again - Silver

125 - Geno is so unpredictable but I think Zare beats him again - Gold

Edited by The Genius

Don’t know if anyone else gets this but one thing I don’t like about this years worlds is the way it’s shot. I’ve missed loads of action because the camera man’s shooting super close shots of the wrestlers faces like it’s a soap opera. Happened in the Yaz Amine match and Taha Zare. Really annoying.  During the match I wanna be able to see the both wrestlers in frame so we can see all the setups and footwork.

Edited by kmrabr