Iran wrestling news

1 minute ago, kkiane said:

Anyone know how old Valizadeh is? We still have 3 wrestlers in as it stands.

Hoping Abakorov upsets Uguev. 10 points at 57 would be great. Valizadeh would have to go through another youngster in Aman first though.

1 minute ago, The Genius said:

Sidakov similarly scrapes past Tsabalov 6-4 after a last second TD (was winning on criteria anyway), Emami is still alive

Wasn’t Tsabalov training with our national team again this year? Emami has to go through him for shot at bronze.

Just now, kmrabr said:

Wasn’t Tsabalov training with our national team again this year? Emami has to go through him for shot at bronze.

I know he was last year, I don't know about this year. Emami has to go through a lot of guys for Bronze if Sidakov wins: the winner of Kenchadze vs Abdurakhmonov, then Tsabalov then Bayramov in the Bronze match !!

3 minutes ago, kmrabr said:

He still trains in Iran. Just not with Emami.

1 minute ago, The Genius said:

I know he was last year, I don't know about this year. Emami has to go through a lot of guys for Bronze if Sidakov wins: the winner of Kenchadze vs Abdurakhmonov, then Tsabalov then Bayramov in the Bronze match !!

74 depth is insane. All of those will be hard fought matches. Still think Emami pulls through.

1 minute ago, Amir.Sol said:

He still trains in Iran. Just not with Emami.

74 depth is insane. All of those will be hard fought matches. Still think Emami pulls through.

I think Tsabalov will be the biggest hurdle for Emami, plus have to win those 3 on the spin is so hard, I don't think he can do it

11 minutes ago, Amir.Sol said:

When you see it written down it’s a really tough run but I’m with you, think Emami has the quality to get it done.

Sidakov beats Bayramov 5-1 and pulls Emami back into the repechage. Dake beats the Greek 4-1 to set up the monster final at 74kg

7 minutes ago, kmrabr said:

You listening to the Persian commentary on uww? Our guy’s great.

I meant the mat announcer in the stadium, I'm watching on Flo with a VPN lol