Info on New Wrestling Mats

I could use all the help I can get right now. I have been given permission and the task of getting a new mat for my Junior High. 

1. Which company or companies are easiest to work with?

2.  Which company can help me design the best mat?

3. Should we go with standard mat (tape, velcro, or flex fit) we have to roll and unroll mats everyday.

4. The best bang for our buck. 

5. Reliable mat that can withstand being stored in a storage room for 9 months. 

I would appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks 

Chad Hershberger

We recently (within the last 3 seasons) have purchased 2 Resilite Liteweight mats with the zip-lock connection system for competition mats at the ms and hs level.  Expect to spend $10-12K depending on logo, lettering, etc. If you want the contact person we used, message me and I will get you his info.

Brett Smith

Prairie Heights High School

We recently ordered a Dollamur this past season in January 42 x 42, and is due to ship May 16th.  We went with Velcro instead of zipper, based on the reviews I received from coaches who have both Velcro and zipper mats.  Foam is expensive, just like everything else right now.  Shipping cost was a decent amount too.  We went somewhat overboard with our logo & markings, but it has been 25+ years since we have purchased a mat. 

Courtney Duncan

Frankton High School 

No perfect solution. The best mat is a one piece Resilite Classic. No tape or seams. But they are heavy and do not take well to being left rolled up for prolonged periods. You will end up with creases and a curl on the inside end of the mat roll. We have a Velcro type and are having some problems with the velcro coming unglued and the foam splitting in the area with the velcro tab overlaps the next section. I can get you the contact for a friend who is a rep for Resilite. He told me that the classic mat is the best option for a room and daily use. You can do amazing graphics now with the digi print. Contact me if you want the name and contact for my friend with Resilite. Hope this helps.

Dave Cloud

dcloud@smcsc.com

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.