Greatest Matches You Have Ever Seen in Indiana?

blueandgold

58 minutes ago, CoachJones said:

1995 and 1996 Finals provided some of the best wrestling collectively for any style.  Multiple matches during these two finals could be considered for best match in any fans eyes.

First two state events I attended.  Did not disappoint.  

On 12/30/2021 at 10:13 PM, ehscoach said:

2014- Gabe Koontz Edgewood vs Jordan Partee Madison 3/4 state

Damien Chambers Edgewood vs Blake Rypel Cathedral state finals 

Damien Chambers vs Brian Wagner New Pal (Columbus North Invitational)

Greg Wagner vs Jason Fryar Whiteland (State Finals) 2000

Dan Jankowski EMD vs Frank Debusk Team State 1999?

Weinzapfel vs Woodson forget the year. Weinzapfel ended on his back.

These three were particularly shocking moments so can remember well (at least I think I can). 

Wagner was hitting his 47th double leg of the match with about 20 seconds left, most of which drove Fryar out of bounds, but Frayer caught an under hook with his whizzer and lateraled Wagner for five to win by 2. 

Weinzapfel won but was close to being pinned by Woodson for about the last minute of the finals, 2001 finals. 

1999 Team State semis between EMD and Hobart was the greatest dual meet in the history of the sport, featuring Frankie “Slop Drop King” DeBusk pinning Dan Jankowski. This last match of DeBusk’s wrestling career encapsulates his entire vibe as a person. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.