Super 32 Rant about selection process for early entry.

buttler73

So was bit disappointed with the process of trying to get my kid signed up for the Super 32. Was ready to go the second it went live. And could not get it paid for before it was sold out and literally had it all in front of me and ready to go. For 1650 spots to have 1,400 early registration is great and crazy all at the same time.

I feel as though Indiana, California, and New Jersey get the shaft. Allowing the top 6 from these state that are single class and only are allowed those from the state series. Pennsylvania AA & AAA division gets 12 because they have 2. Then you look at Michigan with 4 Different Divisions and 4 wrestlers a piece so they get 16 per weight class. Illinois has  3 Divisions, so they get 12. If I am off on the numbers let me know. Yes there are several other ways to get there. but again comes down to states that have divisions. Michigan 4 weight Divisions x4 placers x 14 weight is 224 eligible kids. Indiana 6 placers x14 weight classes max 84. 

I just think it should be looked at and some sort of an adjustment made to Balance it out a bit more and allow more hoosiers to get there and get some of that exposure. Maybe events like IHPO and others can allow placement of  the top 8 or something? And then if someone wins it that has their ticket stamped already from a state series they don't take away from those that are trying to get there. 

I know the old saying about working harder to get what you want and the kid does and deserved a chance to be there this past weekend.

I bid up to $2,500 before letting the Auction spot slide. Sold for $3,500+ and the second one Auctioned/sold for $5,500 for High school spots. I think that maybe the Super 32 should Split off the High school Div. That could stand alone I feel like and still generate the money and excitement. I believe the other divisions can be grouped and still make it a great tournament on a separate weekend. Okay Rant over.

I compare it to Stock x or Nike shoes apps online. They know what they are doing with the demand or attention they are getting . Super 32 been this way for many years since they arranged of this prestigious event in wrestling. Only allowing so many wrestlers only drives up the demand for the event . This year I was in the same boat as you but didnt have a fast enough trigger finger to get my kid registered. Sucks I know . It is what it is . If you don’t get accepted at Super 32 there other events like GFC or Freakshow to go to get that mat time I guess. Best bet is to Qualify at State or place top 4 in early entry events . 
Good Luck in future for your wrestler . 

The eBay auctions go to charity and they usually raise a lot of money through them.

As far as the event selling out, that is life. Sorry to say it, but we don't always get to go to the concerts we want to or the pro sporting events because they are sold out. This is a wrestling tournament that is highly competitive and has a high demand. They can't let everyone in.

22 hours ago, Wrestlingfan937 said:

How many off these spots sell like that?

2 for High School brought in $9,000 $5,500 & $3,500

2 for middle school spots as well 1-$1,500 (14 bids)2 went @$250(14 bids)= $1,750

3 for The ladies. went for 1-$1,800(76 bids)  2-$336  (19 bids) 3- $966.00=$3100(37 bids)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.