Team Race- Interesting at 106, 113 and 120

Devils27

Brownsburg is absolutely the best team this year.  But that doesn't mean they will be IHSAA Team State Champions.  We will find out this weekend who that will be....my money would still be on them.  We may not like the system, but that doesn't mean we can pretend it doesn't exist.  

Umm the trophy won this weekend isn't the coaches trophy, it's the OFFICIAL IHSAA trophy.

Do they no longer call it the Coaches Trophy?

But yes, I understand it is how the IHSAA defines the team champion. That was one of my points earlier. Another point, however, is that it is not the best measure of the best team.

Do they no longer call it the Coaches Trophy?

But yes, I understand it is how the IHSAA defines the team champion. That was one of my points earlier. Another point, however, is that it is not the best measure of the best team.

No it's the IHSAA State Championship, it was only called a coaches trophy when we had team state champions.

You're missing the point of the state finals with your comment. Instead of having two weeks of tournaments you have one crazy weekend where everything is on the line. Where a team with no individual state champs can still be in the hunt for a team title. Everyone has a bias though. You probably won the team title via dual and others via the individual tourney as a team. It's no biggie but this argument has no place two days before the championship. Maybe we'll pick it up next week. Good luck everyone. RDP

A team with no individual state champs can win the team title in a dual format too though. And it's head to head rather than if wrestler B upsets wrestler A, that helps team C win a championship

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.