Track Wrestling- Stats Program

ENoblewrestling

Hey I know we have been over this before, but curious about the track wrestling stat program.  Just a couple of questions-

1. If you dont have the internet can you still enter stats?

2. If this is the case how does it work?  Is there an app that you download?  Will it only work on one device at a time if that is the case?

3.  Is it "user-friendly"?  I love the information that track has, but it has to be the least user-friendly site I have ever used.  I just tried to purchase the stats program, and I honestly felt lost, and couldn't figure out where to purchase it.  Does anyone else get frustrated with how track runs?  Its not so bad when you figure it out, but it the first couple of times through it is super frustrating.

4. Any other problems?

5. Any other positives?

Hey I know we have been over this before, but curious about the track wrestling stat program.  Just a couple of questions-

3.  Is it "user-friendly"?  I love the information that track has, but it has to be the least user-friendly site I have ever used.  I just tried to purchase the stats program, and I honestly felt lost, and couldn't figure out where to purchase it.  Does anyone else get frustrated with how track runs?  Its not so bad when you figure it out, but it the first couple of times through it is super frustrating.

You mean like going to services then scrolling down to Statistics?

I have been using Track for a couple years.  It does work off line but you have to be able to get online to sync it.  There are tons of videos to help you with anything you have problems with.  It always takes me a week or two at the start of the season to get back in the swing of things but it works awesome.

Use this link to enter data
http://trackwrestling.com/tw/FAQAnswer.jsp?TIM=1447443725588&faqId=16109009

Use this one to sync it
http://trackwrestling.com/tw/FAQAnswer.jsp?TIM=1447443725588&faqId=16110009

2. If this is the case how does it work?  Is there an app that you download?  Will it only work on one device at a time if that is the case?

See above

Check out the videos and FAQ here

http://trackwrestling.com/tw/FAQDisplay.jsp?staticCats=31009

4. Any other problems?
5. Any other positives?
Easy to submit lineups to sectional or other events using TrackWrestling. Also if your state tournaments hosts use live scoring...then you don't have to do much to upload the stats.

Use this link to enter data

http://trackwrestling.com/tw/FAQAnswer.jsp?TIM=1447443725588&faqId=16109009

Use this one to sync it

http://trackwrestling.com/tw/FAQAnswer.jsp?TIM=1447443725588&faqId=16110009

See above

Check out the videos and FAQ here

http://trackwrestling.com/tw/FAQDisplay.jsp?staticCats=31009

4. Any other problems?

5. Any other positives?

Easy to submit lineups to sectional or other events using TrackWrestling. Also if your state tournaments hosts use live scoring...then you don't have to do much to upload the stat

You mean like going to services then scrolling down to Statistics?

I am not saying that there is not a lot of great information that track wrestling produces, I am saying that the site is not very user friendly.  It is super clunky, and difficult to use until you get it down. Do you not find it at least somewhat clunky to use at times?

Here is the 16 step process that it takes to create stats for on offline event-

You will first need to download the event you want to score while you are online

1. Log into your season and click SCHEDULE in the grey top menu
  2. Click on the event you want to download
  3. Click the OFFLINE ENTRY link at the top of the page
  4. Click 'OK' when prompted about transferring to the offline controller
  5. Adjust your style, touchscreen preference and set the display format to 'Normal' 
  6. Select the [save] button
  7. Bookmark this page so you can easily find the offline controller in the future (See below)
  8. Click on 'Events'
  9. Click on the [Download Event] button
  10. Click 'OK' when prompted about transferring to the online controller
  11. Select the [Download Event] button
  12. Select your season
  13. Type your team name, select your state and click [search]
  14. Select your team from the list
  15. Select the event you want to download
  16. Your event is now downloaded and ready for you to score offline

Now 13 Steps to upload it

1. Go to your most recent 'Offline Controller' bookmark
  2. Select 'Events'
  3. Choose the event you want to synch by clicking the blue link
  4. Select [synch Dual]
  5. Click 'OK' when you see the prompt to transfer to the online controller
  6. Choose the event you want to synch by clicking the blue link
  7. Select [synch Dual]
  8. Select your season, enter your username and password, and select [Login]
  9. Select the correct event
  10. Select [Continue]
  11. Select [upload Selected]
  12. Select 'OK' when you see the prompt verifying the matches have been uploaded successfully
  13. The results are now on the live site

Searching on the site is also a pain.  I'm just saying it would be great if it were more streamlined and user friendly.

Edited by buscowrestling

I read on themat.com that Iowa just became the first state to mandate all duals and tournaments use Track.  Wow, it would be amazing if we were able to do the same.  You could literally find all results for all teams and all wrestlers in the state at a couple clicks.

We purchased the program.  I am sure it will work great once we figure it out, but I have spent the last three days worth of prep periods watching videos trying to figure out how to enter stats when we are offline, view reports, print reports and make sense of it all. I do not see how you could even use the stats program without spending at least an hour watching how-to videos to figure it out. I am not Bill Gates or anything, but it is the only website that I frequent that I need to watch a video to do anything.  I think track does some cool stuff, they just need to clean up how it runs.  It has been extremely frustrating trying to figure it out here at the start of the year, again I am sure once we figure out how to do it, it will be great, they just need to work on being more user friendly IMO.  BTW I am still not sure that we will have it figured out for tomorrow haha.

We started using it last year and I didn't think that it was that bad.  We never watched any of the video's.  Just played around on it for a bit and started figuring it out.  The hardest thing I ever had with Track was when I first started using it and went to search for an athlete.  I still cannot believe after all these years they have not made that easier to do.

Okay...I am going to just act like there is someone from Trackwrestling that frequents this message board. What do you not understand about TW? Has anyone contacted TW before regarding any of their problems with the service?

For the statistics program, what do you not understand about it? I have been using it for a number of years now and would be happy to help anyone who has a question regarding it. Yes, there is a learning curve. But for anyone that uses Microsoft Access as a DB for statistics would tell you, there is a learning curve for that as well. But anyway, if someone has a problem either contact the Ticketing system for TW at www.trackwrestling.com/tickets and create a ticket or send me your concerns and I will submit a ticket for you.

If you have any questions regarding TW, please contact me. PM me, e-mail me, whatever. I am always willing to answer.

Edited by leggin89

For this program, during weigh-ins is there a spot to enter weights and keep track of them throughout the year?

There is not a way to enter weights to keep track of them throughout the year.  If Indiana was set up as a state for the NWCA's OPC, then this would be an option.  But as of now, there is not a way to track weigh ins.  

• 3 weeks later...

If you are in an event and that event is ran on track is there anyway to have the stats automatically go into your stats program?  For example we are in the Carroll Super Duals this weekend.  I'm pretty sure it is being ran on track.  Will those matches automatically go onto our stats or do we have to manually enter them still?

First off, the Carroll Super Dual is not being run on TrackWrestling. It is in your season already because another team(s) has added it and included the Flyin' Eagles.

If the great Carroll Super Dual were on TrackWrestling you would just go into the event and hit the "Import Duals" tab, then continue, and finally select the duals you want to import.

OK so Carroll, Eastside, and Garrett all have the matches with us from Carroll scored, and they are coming up on our "duals" page.  Are they also on our stats page? Or do we have to click the "import duals"?  Do we have to enter the stats in ourselves?  Not complaining, just honestly don't know.  Also does anyone know how to print off a stats sheet that would have wins/ losses, opponents, and stats vs opponents using the stats program?  Essentially what you would need for a seeding meeting.

If you have questions you can always go here to submit one
http://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/tickets/CreateTicket.jsp

OK so Carroll, Eastside, and Garrett all have the matches with us from Carroll scored, and they are coming up on our "duals" page.  Are they also on our stats page? Yes they should be, you can verify by running a report or viewing the "Print Score Sheet" in each dual.
Or do we have to click the "import duals"? No Do we have to enter the stats in ourselves? For your other matches, yes you do. 

Also does anyone know how to print off a stats sheet that would have wins/ losses, opponents, and stats vs opponents using the stats program? Go to Matches and select your wrestlers, if you want multiple wrestlers use the shift key. You may want to tinker with the "Individual Season Record" part

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.