Castle Sectional

Jon H

Boonville, Castle, Bosse, Harrison, Memorial, Reitz, Heritage Hills, Mt. Vernon, South Spencer & Tell City.

My top 4 without knowing the seeds or brackets:

106:  MV, ME, CA, TC

113:  RE, ME, MV, TC

120:  CA, ME, MV, RE

126:  BV, ME, MV, RE

132:  RE, CA, MV, TC

138:  ME, CA, BV, HH

145:  CA, MV, HH, ME

152:  RE, HH, MV, BO (just because he scored on Kelley!)

160:  BV, ME, RE, CA

170:  HH, CA, ME, RE

182:  HH, CA, RE, MV

195:  ME, HH, CA, BV

220:  ME, HA, MV, HH

285:  TC, MV, ME, HH

He did more than score on Kelley  ;)  It was a great match to watch between these 2.  I am going to agree with your predictions here.  I would also say watch out for the Reitz 120 (freshman), 170 and 182 (both sophomores) in the next couple of years, and the Reitz 170 is their 152's little brother.  He has progressed by leaps and bounds over last year under Ferguson's tutelage and if he continues to progress the way he has, he will be one of their powerhouses by his Junior and Senior years. 

106 MV, ME, TC, CA

113 RE, ME, MV, CA

120 CA, ME, MV, RE

126 MV, BV, ME, RE

132 RE, MV, CA, ME

138 BV, ME, CA, HH

145 CA, MV, HH, ME

152 RE, HH, ME, MV

160 BV, RE, ME, CA

170 HH, CA, RE, ME

182 HH, RE, MV, CA

195 ME, HH, CA, MV

220 ME, MV, HA, HH

285 TC, ME, MV, HA

Just My Humble Opinion  8)

106 MV, ME, TC, CA

113 RE, ME, MV, CA

120 CA, ME, MV, RE

126 MV, BV, ME, RE

132 RE, MV, CA, ME

138 BV, ME, CA, HH

145 CA, MV, HH, ME

152 RE, HH, ME, MV

160 BV, RE, ME, CA

170 HH, CA, RE, ME

182 HH, RE, MV, CA

195 ME, HH, CA, MV

220 ME, MV, HA, HH

285 TC, ME, MV, HA

Just My Humble Opinion  8)

Couple of interesting matches here.  At 120 Brown vs. Arney will be good yet again.  Arney is looking better and better and really closing the gap.  Don't be surprised if you see him win it this weekend.  At 132 Davis and Ramsey will be tight yet again.  Their match at SIAC was a great battle and I expect it will be again.  Not sure who MV has at 132, but I don't see either Davis or Ramsey losing to anyone else at 132 in this sectional.  138 is another great weight class.  I don't know a lot about Allen other than he has a great record, but he always does going into sectional and regional.  In the past the competition has proven too much for him.  Will that be the case again.  Petrig and Schnell are both very good and I'm sure Schnell isn't happy with his 4th place finish at SIAC.  Petrig, on the other hand, has to be feeling very confident.  Has Allen wrestled Schnell or Petrig this year?  IMO best weight class here.  At 145, how is Williams' (Memorial) health?  He had to injury default to Farmer last weekend and didn't wrestle again.  I know Williams beat Farmer at the teams dual earlier this year and I think Williams was winning at SIAC before the injury default.  If Williams is healthy I say he wins it, if not give it to Farmer.  160 goes to Memorial.  Stotlar is pretty tough and I think he wins it without much trouble. 

Wrestleman Out.

Couple of interesting matches here.  At 120 Brown vs. Arney will be good yet again.  Arney is looking better and better and really closing the gap.  Don't be surprised if you see him win it this weekend.  At 132 Davis and Ramsey will be tight yet again.  Their match at SIAC was a great battle and I expect it will be again.  Not sure who MV has at 132, but I don't see either Davis or Ramsey losing to anyone else at 132 in this sectional.  138 is another great weight class.  I don't know a lot about Allen other than he has a great record, but he always does going into sectional and regional.  In the past the competition has proven too much for him.  Will that be the case again.  Petrig and Schnell are both very good and I'm sure Schnell isn't happy with his 4th place finish at SIAC.  Petrig, on the other hand, has to be feeling very confident.  Has Allen wrestled Schnell or Petrig this year?  IMO best weight class here.  At 145, how is Williams' (Memorial) health?  He had to injury default to Farmer last weekend and didn't wrestle again.  I know Williams beat Farmer at the teams dual earlier this year and I think Williams was winning at SIAC before the injury default.  If Williams is healthy I say he wins it, if not give it to Farmer.  160 goes to Memorial.  Stotlar is pretty tough and I think he wins it without much trouble. 

Wrestleman Out.

Wrestleman out!?!?

If you start referring to yourself in the third person, I'm giving up on you.

106: Konrath MV, Schaefer ME, Oakley CA, Teague TC

113: Ferguson RE, Horty ME, Gorman MV, Craig TC

120: Brown CA, Arney ME, Keller MV, Craig RE

126: Bethel MV, Hemmings BO, Wargel ME, Clopton CA

132: Davis RE, Ramsey CA, Suar MV, Brown ME

138: Schnell CA, Petrig ME, Allen BO, Schultz HH

145: Farmer CA, Williams ME, Jochim HH, Whoberry MV

152: Reigel RE, Miller HH, Abshier ME, Wilson MV

160: Jeffress CA, Stotlar ME, Vanhook RE, Winge BO

170: Rickenbaugh HH, Lockyear CA, Shaw RE, Folz, ME

182: Konerding HH, Dowell CA, Huelsing ME, Dekemper MV

195: Brown ME, Lamar CA, Fisher HH, Newton BO

220: Barnes ME, Kyles HA, Choate MV, Dilger HH

285: Baker HH, Osborne TC, Stallings MV, Page ME

He did more than score on Kelley  ;)  It was a great match to watch between these 2.  I am going to agree with your predictions here.  I would also say watch out for the Reitz 120 (freshman), 170 and 182 (both sophomores) in the next couple of years, and the Reitz 170 is their 152's little brother.  He has progressed by leaps and bounds over last year under Ferguson's tutelage and if he continues to progress the way he has, he will be one of their powerhouses by his Junior and Senior years.

You said "tutelage".  :o

I think Petrig peaked a week early, impressive performance as he has always been close to breaking out and beating a tough kid, but I feel like he did a week to soon. Castle does a great job of coming back from a loss, and this is Schnell's time of year and I think he takes Petrig this time around and going forward into Regionals. Petrig will have a tough match in the Semis with Allen who has already beaten Petrig to my knowledge. Should be a good weight class as Schulz from HH is no push over either and he could pull an upset as well. But my prediction is Schnell, Allen, Petrig, Schulz

I think Petrig peaked a week early, impressive performance as he has always been close to breaking out and beating a tough kid, but I feel like he did a week to soon. Castle does a great job of coming back from a loss, and this is Schnell's time of year and I think he takes Petrig this time around and going forward into Regionals. Petrig will have a tough match in the Semis with Allen who has already beaten Petrig to my knowledge. Should be a good weight class as Schulz from HH is no push over either and he could pull an upset as well. But my prediction is Schnell, Allen, Petrig, Schulz

why would you think he peaked a week too early?  and is it possible to peak for more than one day (without getting into the whole semantics issue).  Maybe he didn't peak - maybe his plateauing?

I definitely didn't mean that Petrig can't repeat his performance from last weekend...I just meant it would've been better that he had that great of a weekend at the Sectional so it sets himself up for a easy first round Regional match and get him a higher seed for Semi-State. But now if that woke up Schnell and he comes back to beat Petrig it just makes for a tougher match to get to Semi-State, assuming he can get past Allen. Either way, 138 this weekend and next weekend should be pretty entertaining with any of those guys able to win it.

Just wondering why most everyone on here has Williams at 145 getting 2nd-4th when he's beat all of the top seeds in his bracket I think by pin except Farmer that he beat by a decision?

It looks like Williams was injured during his semi final match against Smith from Central and then forfeited his consolation match against Matherly.  My guess is that people are taking this into account.  If his injury is severe I would assume that he will wreslte the necessary matches in order to advance while still giving himself the best chance of getting a favorable draw in the next round.  Kind of like what Sims did a few years back.

Your right it was 4-0 at the MD Classic, but ME and MV also wrestled in a dual meet and he pinned his guy in the 1st period which now looking they bumped Whoberry up to 152 that meet. So excuse me for being mistaken, but the bottom line is except for 2 kids that are the 7 and 8 seed that he didn't wrestle he beat everybody at 145 in the Castle Sectionals!

Your right it was 4-0 at the MD Classic, but ME and MV also wrestled in a dual meet and he pinned his guy in the 1st period which now looking they bumped Whoberry up to 152 that meet. So excuse me for being mistaken, but the bottom line is except for 2 kids that are the 7 and 8 seed that he didn't wrestle he beat everybody at 145 in the Castle Sectionals!

and you know what those past matches mean this weekend??....not a *%#@ thing!!  So why put a target on his back?  Seems to me the better way would be to sit back, shut up, and see what happens.  But hey, its all good, if you want to give his opposition bulletin board material....you have succeeded and I'm sure Chance thanks you!

hmmmm 2 posts...sounds like you may be a relative.  I hope not.

106: Konrath MV, Schaefer ME, Oakley CA, Teague TC

113: Ferguson RE, Horty ME, Gorman MV, Craig TC

120: Brown CA, Arney ME, Keller MV, Craig RE

126: Bethel MV, Hemmings BO, Wargel ME, Clopton CA

132: Davis RE, Ramsey CA, Suar MV, Brown ME

138: Schnell CA, Petrig ME, Allen BO, Schultz HH

145: Farmer CA, Williams ME, Jochim HH, Whoberry MV

152: Reigel RE, Miller HH, Abshier ME, Wilson MV

160: Jeffress CA, Stotlar ME, Vanhook RE, Winge BO

170: Rickenbaugh HH, Lockyear CA, Shaw RE, Folz, ME

182: Konerding HH, Dowell CA, Huelsing ME, Dekemper MV

195: Brown ME, Lamar CA, Fisher HH, Newton BO

220: Barnes ME, Kyles HA, Choate MV, Dilger HH

285: Baker HH, Osborne TC, Stallings MV, Page ME

+1 Saved me a lot of typing!

and you know what those past matches mean this weekend??....not a *%#@ thing!!  So why put a target on his back?  Seems to me the better way would be to sit back, shut up, and see what happens.  But hey, its all good, if you want to give his opposition bulletin board material....you have succeeded and I'm sure Chance thanks you!

hmmmm 2 posts...sounds like you may be a relative.  I hope not.

No I'm not a relative just a supporter new to this site and seen a post about a kid that I have watched wrestle a few times in the past. You blew this way out of context and tried to make it a bigger issue than what it is, so congrats! No need to reply to this because this will be my only response to you because I am not an internet tough guy like yourself! Hope you have a better day and a greater tomorrow!!!!

No I'm not a relative just a supporter new to this site and seen a post about a kid that I have watched wrestle a few times in the past. You blew this way out of context and tried to make it a bigger issue than what it is, so congrats! No need to reply to this because this will be my only response to you because I am not an internet tough guy like yourself! Hope you have a better day and a greater tomorrow!!!!

not an internet tough guy...just a coach who has been around longer than I care to admit and know that these kids need as few disadvantages as they can get beginning this weekend.  We don't need a target on one of our kids backs and you were doing a great job of putting one there.  Believe me, the kid knows he is in for a dog fight this weekend and knows everyone will be gunning for him.  enough said.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.