EIAC

FatManRoller

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

170 lbs.

1. Colton Gonzales Connersville (SS2 @ 170)

2. Will Amberger Batesville (SS8 @ 170)

3. Matt Bowman Eastern Hancock

4. Damon Allen Greensburg

5. Jakob Lambert Rushville

6. Kameron Gick East Central

7. Dustin Foreman Franklin County

8. Matt Disbro South Dearborn

#3. Matt Bowman Eastern Hancock not in the EIAC?

A few comments...

120: I see Butz winning. He started out in a slump and has increased tenfold since the EC meet.

145: Blake wood won the sectional @ 138 last year, and is wrestling very well(correct me if wrong)

152: Joel Chase always wrestles his best at conference so, I anticipate him at least in the finals.

220: Neisius has demolished every EIAC opponent this year. I don't see him losing.

HVY: Nathan Hayes is the returning champion, and Selm is the only competition for him and we'll have a great match between the 2 on Wednesday.

A few comments...

120: I see Butz winning. He started out in a slump and has increased tenfold since the EC meet.

145: Blake wood won the sectional @ 138 last year, and is wrestling very well(correct me if wrong)

152: Joel Chase always wrestles his best at conference so, I anticipate him at least in the finals.

220: Neisius has demolished every EIAC opponent this year. I don't see him losing.

HVY: Nathan Hayes is the returning champion, and Selm is the only competition for him and we'll have a great match between the 2 on Wednesday.

3-1 over Moore (EC) doesn't sound like a demolition.  LOL

If Chase can beat Day or Manning, that would be something.

Hayes and Selm are both beasts.  Should be great matches Wednesday and Saturday!

A few comments...

Joes Chase and blake wood are very good wrestlers I have seen joel several times including the offseason. Blake I saw several times the last few years at Rushville and just last week with greensburg at tri. Yes Blake won sectionals and did great beating some stiff competition that day last year but the following week he lost to #4 seed in the first round and didnt look quite like himself. Now granted, that #4 seed was eastern hancocks nathan kell who is solid as well but blake should have probably won that match knowing other common wrestlers they both have faced. No way does chase beat either manning or day. I didnt realize that hayes is returning champ and I know selm lost to union countys freshman Minges so I might switch those two. I was torn between neisius and miller...i flipped a coin, miller won lol. those two finals matches should be pretty good tho.

Is butz the one that lost in overtime to centervilles jenkinson 4-2 on saturday?

3-1 over Moore (EC) doesn't sound like a demolition.  LOL

If Chase can beat Day or Manning, that would be something.

Hayes and Selm are both beasts.  Should be great matches Wednesday and Saturday!

Maybe I over exaggerated with demolished. Haha, But still, he's beaten a ranked wrestler in Khiry from Ben Davis, was in a close one with Williams of South Putnam before being caught and muscled to his back. He competed over the summer against Sadilek from Carroll and beat him. He's pretty legit, and he'll be hard to beat.

I can see Chase beating either of them, it will be quite the feat, but as a 2x EIAC Champ, Im sure he'll be on his top game come this weekend.

Butz did lose in overtime to Centerville (there were some questionable stalling calls against Brandon, but thats everyones excuse when their wrestler loses. It was a match that couldve gone either way.

Wood is a great wrestler, the struggle is convincing him of that before every meet. Blake can be great constantly, but its in his mindset that he doubts himself at times.

Maybe I over exaggerated with demolished. Haha, But still, he's beaten a ranked wrestler in Khiry from Ben Davis, was in a close one with Williams of South Putnam before being caught and muscled to his back. He competed over the summer against Sadilek from Carroll and beat him. He's pretty legit, and he'll be hard to beat.

I can see Chase beating either of them, it will be quite the feat, but as a 2x EIAC Champ, Im sure he'll be on his top game come this weekend.

Butz did lose in overtime to Centerville (there were some questionable stalling calls against Brandon, but thats everyones excuse when their wrestler loses. It was a match that couldve gone either way.

Wood is a great wrestler, the struggle is convincing him of that before every meet. Blake can be great constantly, but its in his mindset that he doubts himself at times.

with woods i can see that. he is good, he has beaten my kid a couple times lol.

chase has beaten my kid too once and i know he is good, but i just dont think he is on the same level as manning or day.

I agree about butz, i watched that match as I knew it would be a good one knowing they both were SSQ last year coming in with nice records. jenkinson is very good and could beat all those in that 120 weight class so seeing how butz wrestled against jenkinson, and jenkinson didnt have an off day, he was on it that day going 5-0, then i would agree and say butz will probably win that.

with woods i can see that. he is good, he has beaten my kid a couple times lol.

chase has beaten my kid too once and i know he is good, but i just dont think he is on the same level as manning or day.

I agree about butz, i watched that match as I knew it would be a good one knowing they both were SSQ last year coming in with nice records. jenkinson is very good and could beat all those in that 120 weight class so seeing how butz wrestled against jenkinson, and jenkinson sisnt have an off day, he was on it that day going 5-0, then i would agree and say butz will probably win that.

I agree. IMO, if there was a rematch of Jenkinson and against the EC 120, I see Butz winning both of those matches. Brandon is well on his way to another successful state tournament run.

someone said in another thread a couple weeks ago that manning was walking around at 148 and not even cutting. if thats true and he does go 145 then i can see chase in the championship match but I wouldnt see him beating caleb day. i just wonder if manning does that. would definately make an easy championship for him at 145.

when will these brackets come out?

Meeting is on Friday at South Dearborn, so I assume that theyll be out shortly after. Last year at this time, the brackets would be out, but due to weather implications, the Franklin County v Greensburg dual was moved to this Wednesday. This obviously throws a wrench in the brackets as the match will have seeding implications.

Meeting is on Friday at South Dearborn, so I assume that theyll be out shortly after. Last year at this time, the brackets would be out, but due to weather implications, the Franklin County v Greensburg dual was moved to this Wednesday. This obviously throws a wrench in the brackets as the match will have seeding implications.

and we will end up with a couple more inches of snow tomorrow and cancel everything for the next 2 days and that dual wont even happen lol

If that was to happen, would that meet not be rescheduled due to Sectionals being in a week?

I have seen them just forget about it, even complete saturday 5 match events, when snowed out and decided not to make it up. the Lincoln 6-way was cancelled this year for the first time in 6 years that I know of so im sure more than that. It had seeding implications for our conference as well. just depends on who is involved and what they want to do.

Will be a great Sectional preview (trading Greensburg for Milan, Union County , and Oldenburg).

MAt Stat

Does Oldenburg even have a team this year? I have heard nothing about them this year.

MAt Stat

Does Oldenburg even have a team this year? I have heard nothing about them this year.

no they dont...i talked to them earlier this season and they didnt have enough interest. kind of a shame as they had a senior named taylor reed that won regionals 2 years ago as a sophmore, was in a stacked weight class last year so he couldnt make it out of regionals, but the kid was real good and he wanted to wrestle his last year but he was like the only one so they couldnt.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.