Penn vs Cathedral 1st round

1prouddad

I thought it was meant for the asst ref, my bad, still should not have blown up like that with the dual meet already decided.

So you think if a match is out of reach it's okay for a kid to lose the match because of table errors...? Moron. And there was no assistant ref, unless you call an assistant ref sit'n on his butt. I'm not an Irish fan, but that was the first round match I was paying attention to. It just ticks me off when people think they can say "Well the match was already over anyways" It's about the kids man, not us.

Arguing the call at the table, a process which is allowed by the rules, is absolutely fine after the meet has been decided.

Yelling "you're fired!" at a volunteer after the meet has been decided is childish and makes you look ignorant.

Huge difference between the two.

So you think if a match is out of reach it's okay for a kid to lose the match because of table errors...? Moron. And there was no assistant ref, unless you call an assistant ref sit'n on his butt. I'm not an Irish fan, but that was the first round match I was paying attention to. It just ticks me off when people think they can say "Well the match was already over anyways" It's about the kids man, not us.

Easy on the Moron comment. I'm talking about the manner in which the call was argued, he might as well have just dropped F-bombs on the table help. I just don't think that was they way to represent your school. And as I said in a previous post, there should have been 2 referees on the mat for all of the rounds not just the finals.

This behavior has been on going. I have seen them wrestle 3 times in 2 years. At calumet last year they

had someone from there staff thrown out. I believe the same this year and happened to see the same event at team state.

Hmmm, I have seen at least 60 of their matches and can't recall one other incident. Maybe we have been watching 2 different teams.

This behavior has been on going. I have seen them wrestle 3 times in 2 years. At calumet last year they

had someone from there staff thrown out. I believe the same this year and happened to see the same event at team state.

If your going to make these type accusations then please be accurate, because every statement you have made are nothing short of a lie. Nobody on Cathedral's staff was thrown out at Calumet last year nor this year, nor was even a warning given at Team State. Just because you say something happened does not make it true, but I'm sure you understand the saying "If you tell a lie enough times people will start to believe it", so before you make degrading remarks about people just try and get one fact straight in your accusation!

I agree with Big Bob 77. If it were any other team I'm sure the coach would have snapped just as well. And we've all seen them happen. I think it's great he actually cares & enthusiastic about the sport and officiating. I mean I see a lot of coaches (head) that sit in the chair for 14 matches. I coached grade school wrestling, & even I myself have gotten fired up at times because I love the sport and argue calls I feel are wrong.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.