Evansville Summer Rankings (AKA Educated WAG)

randalllynch

I personally think that a few of you are overlooking the Mooresville Regional.  DJ from Franklin is going to be awful hard to beat.  Don't forget about Schoolcraft from Martinsville oh yeah and another Runyon and Underwood.  Could be rough here in Morgan County....  Guy Henson from Avon will help them out as well.  Plus, you now have Alexander Warren as the head coach with Mooresville.  He is filling some big shoes but he will get it done.  Brownsburg will be rattling some cages this year as well.  I think that the Mooresville Regional will be producing some firecrackers at Evansville this year for sure......

Seems as though you aren't showing much love to guys up north. Franklin Not only has Smith Tolley and Lykins, but Jacob Stevenson is a stud wouldn't be surprised if placed top 3. Shane Wilkerson will be much improved in his sophomore year. Peyton Reese is a veteran who has wrestled in a lot of big matches. JAcob Brownfield had some very good wins last season. They have a extremely talented Freshmen coming in, in Burk Van Horn who has shown he is going to have an impact. As well as som JV guys that will step in and wrestle at a very high level. You know Hassman will have them boys ready to go come week 1. They also picked up a very good assistant coach in Brandon Pettijohn. They will be loaded this year.

Seems as though you aren't showing much love to guys up north. Franklin Not only has Smith Tolley and Lykins, but Jacob Stevenson is a stud wouldn't be surprised if placed top 3. Shane Wilkerson will be much improved in his sophomore year. Peyton Reese is a veteran who has wrestled in a lot of big matches. JAcob Brownfield had some very good wins last season. They have a extremely talented Freshmen coming in, in Burk Van Horn who has shown he is going to have an impact. As well as som JV guys that will step in and wrestle at a very high level. You know Hassman will have them boys ready to go come week 1. They also picked up a very good assistant coach in Brandon Pettijohn. They will be loaded this year.

Agree on Franklin's talent, but what weights will they be going and have they beaten anyone in the rankings?  Stevenson (I have seen him and agree he is good), if he goes 160, is in a tough class with 3 returning SQ and one individual with a win over the summer on one of those qualifiers.  Also agree that Reese is very good, but if he goes 120/126/132 where does he fit (did he beat anyone on the list last year or over the summer).  I am not familiar with Brownfield, but I know Van Horn, he was on the watch list but what weight will he go and can he crack the starting line-up (he is about the same as Lykins weight). 

Let me know ASAP so I can make sure Triple-B has them loaded for the first official rankings.

Agree on Franklin's talent, but what weights will they be going and have they beaten anyone in the rankings?  Stevenson (I have seen him and agree he is good), if he goes 160, is in a tough class with 3 returning SQ and one individual with a win over the summer on one of those qualifiers.  Also agree that Reese is very good, but if he goes 120/126/132 where does he fit (did he beat anyone on the list last year or over the summer).  I am not familiar with Brownfield, but I know Van Horn, he was on the watch list but what weight will he go and can he crack the starting line-up (he is about the same as Lykins weight). 

Let me know ASAP so I can make sure Triple-B has them loaded for the first official rankings.

I don't know what weights for sure. If I was guessing I would bet Stevenson is at 70, and he was a SQ as a frosh, very hard worker though. Reese will either be 126 or 132 he had a win over The kid from Bloomington South last year who was a SQ I think his name was Ruynon and gave schoutlee all he wanted a couple times. Brownfield had a win over Schoolcraft from Martinsville and took Kral to OT. As for Van Horn he should crack the line up at either 138, 145, or 152. Went out to cadet duals this summer and went 4-4 at 152 I believe beat a state place from Oklahoma if I remember right and had a win over Van Camp from Lebanon over the summer

I don't know what weights for sure. If I was guessing I would bet Stevenson is at 70, and he was a SQ as a frosh, very hard worker though. Reese will either be 126 or 132 he had a win over The kid from Bloomington South last year who was a SQ I think his name was Ruynon and gave schoutlee all he wanted a couple times. Brownfield had a win over Schoolcraft from Martinsville and took Kral to OT. As for Van Horn he should crack the line up at either 138, 145, or 152. Went out to cadet duals this summer and went 4-4 at 152 I believe beat a state place from Oklahoma if I remember right and had a win over Van Camp from Lebanon over the summer

Stevenson was a State Qualifier last season? what place did he get at semi state?

Bryant Haynes from charlestown is going 120 this year, will be top 4. He woulda been last year if it wasnt for catching the flu at regionals and losing a close match to jennings countys 120. And luke woods will be goin 106 this year and has beat mason kaufer several times and will be at the top of 106.

Bryant Haynes from charlestown is going 120 this year, will be top 4. He woulda been last year if it wasnt for catching the flu at regionals and losing a close match to jennings countys 120. And luke woods will be goin 106 this year and has beat mason kaufer several times and will be at the top of 106.

I like watching him wrestle, but he got 4th at sectional, 6th at regional and you think last year he would have been top 4 in semi state had he not get sick at Regional? Whitley, who got 2nd in his weight class got 5th at semi state...so how was Hanes going to jump that many places? Didnt he get pinned at Regionals? 120 and 126 were meat grinders last year. Anyway I hope he does well this year...the kid has a ton of potential and hopefully worked his tail off in the off season...good luck to him!!

Many wrestlers got sick at sectionals and regionals, can't use that as a reason. You gotta dig deep. 120 was a meatgrinder last year. 120, 126, 132 could also be a meatgrinder this year, depending on who goes where. Its not going to be a cakewalk.