Merrillville semi states picks

ontherise219

106- Sinkovics(1), Hildebrant(2), Garza(1), Cortez(4)

113- Micic (1), Davis (1), Torres (1), Hartman (2)

120- Hughes (1), Rodriguez (2), Garcia (1), Lechowicz (3)

126- Fuqua (1), Denton (1), Buckley (2), Warner (3)

132- Martsoff (1), Hartman (2), Burlison (1), Curcio (3)

138- Forte (1), Schurg (1), Rinehart (3), Rentas (1)

145- Macri (1), Roadruck (2), Katsafaros (1), Mammolenti (2)

152- Schurg (1), Ferdig (2), Manspeaker (1), Tauber (2)

160- Maldonado (1), Gomez (2), Hughes (1), Hack (1)

170- Steveson (1), Sopko(2), Eldridge (1), Morrison (2)

182- Hurford (1), Rodriguez (1), Scott  (1), Langbehn (2)

195- Ricks (1), Kral (1), Allen (1), Patterson (2)

220- Robinson (1), Boyd (1), Standifer (1), Eby (1)

285- Streck (1), Carr (1), Bartoszek (1), Harlow (2)

Stevens 103:  You apparently didn't go to the CP regional.  Your  picking

Escobedo to beat Schurg is doubtful.  Escobedo lost 13 to 6

to the kid from KV and then Schurg beating the KV kid 17 to 1.

I realize it's all about matchups but I don't see the upset you

are predicting happening.  Escobedo is built pretty good, but he also has

has a tough lst match against Ferdig.

Escobedo also got pinned vs ferdig during the year, I know it was the beginning of the year but he was losing like 10-0 at the time. He's solid but that's a tough first round.

i understand i just dont understand why it matters what i picked u guys have the right to pick your own. and im not the only person who has him winning it and im not the first person to write it down.

I know that. I willd probably do my own when I have time. I just saw that when I was skimming through and just thought I'd shine some light. A little information for others so they can do their picks.

I did say it was early in the season... but its not like ferdig has fallin off after that win... I'm not counting escobedo out, but I wouldn't pick him to make it out. If he would have won his semifinals match then lost to schurg, then I would probably say he makes it out but after that loss, and ferdig is a senior, he still did beat escobedo, and I'm pretty sure ferdig has the tougher schedule, I'd say the better choice is ferdig. Who has escobedo beat this year?

I believe Escobedo's two losses are both to Ferdig. First at the dual meet and then at the Washington super dual. 7-0 at the dual and then a pin at the super dual. I know these matches were both early in the season, but I don't see Ferdig losing this match.

Stevens 103:  I was not telling you how to predict, I was only commenting on  one

of your predictions.  I don't predict because not all schools have

someone post their meet with individual results during tnhe year,

as I do for Crown Point.  Therefore I might find myself in a situation

where I would possibly make an improbable prediction as some people

have done.  Like Cosgrove has posted,I will give you five dollars if

Escobedo wins his weight class and you would only have to give

me a dollar if he doesn't.

Stevens 103:  I was not telling you how to predict, I was only commenting on  one

of your predictions.  I don't predict because not all schools have

someone post their meet with individual results during tnhe year,

as I do for Crown Point.  Therefore I might find myself in a situation

where I would possibly make an improbable prediction as some people

have done.  Like Cosgrove has posted,I will give you five dollars if

Escobedo wins his weight class and you would only have to give

me a dollar if he doesn't.

Its not that big of a deal.  Thats why its predictions ots nearly impossible to predict a perfect bracket.  Im not betting on a match bc its not that serious plus i dont know who u are to collects ot.

I believe Escobedo's two losses are both to Ferdig. First at the dual meet and then at the Washington super dual. 7-0 at the dual and then a pin at the super dual. I know these matches were both early in the season, but I don't see Ferdig losing this match.

I missed the washington tourny but ferdig pinned esco in the dual. It was 8-0  ferdig then he threw escobedo to his back in the second period. I think the news paper said it was 7-0 but I was at the meet. But expect it to be a good match, tough draw.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.