LOWEST SEED TO WIN A SECTIONAL THIS YEAR

SpartanDog

I would for sure think that a 4 seed would win one somewhere, quite possible that a 5-6 seed could, or an unseeded kid like the New Pal 220, Estes.  Who just got into the lineup, an I think only has a handful of matches so far.

This is not something that I have a lot of data on over the past couple of years but I do remember that I was the 8th seed when I won my first Sectional at Calumet. As far as a general opinion, I would think a low seed winning a sectional would have to be a product of a special occurence. Such as; The wrestler bumps up or cuts down a weight class for sectionals, or a young tough wrestler cracks the varsity lineup for the first time right before sectionals due to injury or something similar.

This is not something that I have a lot of data on over the past couple of years but I do remember that I was the 8th seed when I won my first Sectional at Calumet. As far as a general opinion, I would think a low seed winning a sectional would have to be a product of a special occurence. Such as; The wrestler bumps up or cuts down a weight class for sectionals, or a young tough wrestler cracks the varsity lineup for the first time right before sectionals due to injury or something similar.

I did not realize they seeded 8 wrestlers at Calumet.

I am guessing unseeded and wrestling the 1 seed in quarters.....?? lol

My bad XCard. You got it decbell. I suppose I could have clarified and said, "I was unseeded and wrestling in what would be the eighth seed position in the bracket format."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.