145 R possible HH upset

152 M

160 R

170 HH

182 HH

195 SS

220 HH possible R upset

Hwy TC

I haven't seen any of the matches this year, so I was just curious, was the 220 match between R and HH close earlier in the year? It surprises me that you list that as a possible upset. I hope you're right, but I thought HH's 220 was pretty tough

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen any of the matches this year, so I was just curious, was the 220 match between R and HH close earlier in the year? It surprises me that you list that as a possible upset. I hope you're right, but I thought HH's 220 was pretty tough

HH has to be the favored.  But anything can happen.

I was at the Reitz vs Heritage Hills dual and Reitz lost the head to head. I have seen several duals and the Classic. The 220 from Reitz is solid in every match I have seen but his record is beat up. If there is anyone who could show up and surprise some people its that kid. I am disappointed that Reitz and MD are separated for Sectionals because those were some great matches and every match before the MD/R match meant something to both schools. Central surprised me with the number of Champions at SIAC so there will still be some pep there. Gibson Southern being there will also help keep MD on their toes. This is going to be my last year at Castle because-gasp-my nephew wrestles for MD feeder and I will jump ship to root for my high school nemisis. The only good thing is that he doesnt wrestle east of pigeon creek.

The point is, and you and one or two other just aren't getting it, There are no excuses.   Honestly what you posted, and other posts you have made, come across as sour grapes and whining.   I think every team is battling adversity of some type.

Someone who had wrestled before may be aware that excuses, or as you refer to them - explanations - cheapen the efforts of the kids that went out there and gave it their all.  The point is people log on here, run their mouths about being "dominate" and when it doesn't work out, they offer what sounds a lot like excuses.   I am positive the kids work their backsides off, and honestly saying that we lost as a team because we didn't have our stud at whatever weight is basically saying "hey we know Timmy sucks".  You can argue that all you want, but don't think for a second that the kids and coaches read that sort of thing and it paints a huge target on the kid. 

I will agree to disagree.   What you want to think about who is who or from where is all about the world you live in.

Am I a Reitz Parent?  Not currently, but I am an alum of the program, and in my day the wrestlers would have disowned any parent that spoke of our team mates like that.

Not bashing Logan Wedding?  Some how this makes sense to whoever posted it.   Why would I bash a kid that has repeatedly proven he is a warrior and, if what we hear is true, I have all the respect in the world for him showing up and wrestling with the injury he has.  But then the Memorial fans aren't on here going on about any of that now are they?  Get the point?

I was not saying anything negative about Wedding at all. He has been great to watch over is career. I was merely bringing up the fact that the explanation of his injury was no different then the explanation of Kuhn being sick.  Give it a rest man.  Nobody is taking anything away from any wrestler or program. I don't see how saying some kids were sick is a big deal.

Pantherfan is absolutely a Castle parent who bashes Reitz at every turn. Period.

Actually NO...Pantherfan is NOT a Castle parent.  I am EXACTLY what I have stated and my screen name here implies.  For that fact I am someone that HAS contributed to the Reitz legacy with my teammates back in the day.

To simplfy it even further for you I will spell it out.  I was a part of Reitz Wrestling when it wasn't considered proper to provide "Explinations" as you call them.  We had pride in our team and each others accomplishments.  Our parents were are biggest fans, and supported our coaches and pushed us to understand the correlations between wrestling and the life after wrestling.

I can't think of any parent of any of my days on the hill that would (if it were available to them) even consider broadcasting the lame "explinations" you have graced the internet with this season.

Actually NO...Pantherfan is NOT a Castle parent.   I am EXACTLY what I have stated and my screen name here implies.   For that fact I am someone that HAS contributed to the Reitz legacy with my teammates back in the day.

To simplfy it even further for you I will spell it out.   I was a part of Reitz Wrestling when it wasn't considered proper to provide "Explinations" as you call them.   We had pride in our team and each others accomplishments.   Our parents were are biggest fans, and supported our coaches and pushed us to understand the correlations between wrestling and the life after wrestling.

I can't think of any parent of any of my days on the hill that would (if it were available to them) even consider broadcasting the lame "explinations" you have graced the internet with this season.

You make-a-me-laugh. You said Reitz wrestled like a 4th place team implying Castle was better overall. I say Reitz wrestled short handed from illness and still came 5 points from 2nd. I say Kuhn is the favorite and you talk about a match against a total different kid from another program. What kind of fan are you to call that excuses. What was Reitz suppose to do wrestle a kid in 2 weight classes to fill the line up?  The kids wrestled like a short handed team and still came a point from Castle. Be proud of that Mr. Legacy.

The point is, and you and one or two other just aren't getting it, There are no excuses. 

What if you lose and the excuse is that you are not as good as the guy that beat you.  Would you be ok with that?

You make-a-me-laugh. You said Reitz wrestled like a 4th place team implying Castle was better overall. I say Reitz wrestled short handed from illness and still came 5 points from 2nd. I say Kuhn is the favorite and you talk about a match against a total different kid from another program. What kind of fan are you to call that excuses. What was Reitz suppose to do wrestle a kid in 2 weight classes to fill the line up?  The kids wrestled like a short handed team and still came a point from Castle. Be proud of that Mr. Legacy.

I honestly could care less about this but I do need to point something out.  

I have no association with Castle or Reitz.   Just an old coach from miles away that needs to understand something.

What you are saying is that Reitz should be proud that they held on to 4th under diffcult circumstances, and were only 5 points out of second regardless.  

Where I am failing to follow your logic is Castle finished 3rd (1 point ahead of Reitz - thus 4 points out of second) and we all know Castle is way down from the last few years.   So using your logic, Castle should be prouder than anyone to have finished ahead of Reitz (a team that beat them in a close dual just a week before).

So let me ask this question, is it REALLY worth arguing about?  It's over, Reitz wrestled hard, as did Castle, Central, and Mater Dei.  Things fell as they did and it's time to move on.

What if you lose and the excuse is that you are not as good as the guy that beat you.  Would you be ok with that?

On that given day, is that not the only real reason why you lost?

At that given time, for that given 6 (or whatever) minutes, I lost to someone who had a better situation.  That is kind of the entire point I am trying to make.  If a kid is sick, hurt, has a wart, whatever, it's all about the 6 minutes on the mat. 

I honestly could care less about this but I do need to point something out.  

I have no association with Castle or Reitz.   Just an old coach from miles away that needs to understand something.

What you are saying is that Reitz should be proud that they held on to 4th under diffcult circumstances, and were only 5 points out of second regardless.  

Where I am failing to follow your logic is Castle finished 3rd (1 point ahead of Reitz - thus 4 points out of second) and we all know Castle is way down from the last few years.   So using your logic, Castle should be prouder than anyone to have finished ahead of Reitz (a team that beat them in a close dual just a week before).

So let me ask this question, is it REALLY worth arguing about?  It's over, Reitz wrestled hard, as did Castle, Central, and Mater Dei.  Things fell as they did and it's time to move on.

I concur.

Did Castle finsih in front of Reitz?   Nod Yes.

Then on that given day, Castle outperformed Reitz.   It's reality!  I am not sure why you have trouble seeing what it right in front of you, but there it is.

Boehm-HH beat Hammonds-Reitz 5-3 or something like that in Madison in December. Boehm beat him 10-0 in the dual a couple weeks ago. So who knows what can happen. Boehm is a beast though.

All I can say is WOW :o :o I've read this thread thru twice and I am still confused. C'mon people!!!!! How about we just say peace and say the boys that wrestled as a "team" got 4th. With a 138 wrestling last weekend we probably could of gotten some extra points to make it closer. Win or lose I'm proud of my son, (3rd place) even if he doesn't meet pantherfan78 expectations or contributions to our team's "legacy" ::) ::)

I am in the who cares what happened last week.  From most peoples predictions for Castle sectional champions the Panther should have no trouble walking off the mat with the trophy Saturday afternoon.  Panther nation should be thankful that they will be dealing with those "Super Quick Castle Wrestlers", and not the Mater Dei Wildcat this weekend.  Well that's how I see it. ;D

I am in the who cares what happened last week.  From most peoples predictions for Castle sectional champions the Panther should have no trouble walking off the mat with the trophy Saturday afternoon.  Panther nation should be thankful that they will be dealing with those "Super Quick Castle Wrestlers", and not the Mater Dei Wildcat this weekend.  Well that's how I see it. ;D

Who cares how you see it!

I know there are a lot of use in Panther Nation that aren't so sure the move to Warrick County made things any easier.  Out of the Frying Pan and into the fire.

We went from Mater Dei and Central to Memorial, Castle, and Heritage Hills.  Not sure that was a good trade.

Oh well.  I do want to wish all the guys GOOD LUCK AND LET'S GET'EM!

106- Reitz

113- Reitz

120- Reitz

126- Castle

132- Memorial

138- Boonville

145- Reitz

152- Memorial

160- Reitz

170- HH

182- HH

195- SS

220- Reitz

HWT- Harrison

Picks may be a little bias, but I think the Panthers will show up ready to make up for last weekend. Going to be some good wrestling. Can't wait!!

I can't believe there hasn't been more talk about 113 and 132 in this sectional.  Both weight classes have three outstanding individuals.  How did the seeds fall for these weight classes and who does everybody have winning?  If the seeds fell the way I think they should have I'll take Kuhn, Brown and Mastison at 113 and Wedding, Meiring and Johns at 132 in that order.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.