Penn vs. Lakeshore, MI

panther83

I was reviewing the details of the match that were posted.

Very interesting it looks like Penn used no less than 6 possibly 7 V2 or JV wrestlers in this match.

No sure if they had some sick boys, or 2 many points for the Varsity guys, either way looks like they dominated the match.  Any insight anyone?

I bet Penn's Varsity 2 would dominate Warren Central...

Here we go again! But honestly, I highly doubt it. WC and Penn V1 would be a helluva a match, probably 6-7 points either way.  But WC would whoop Penn V2 by 20+ in my opinion

Hat's off to Coach Harper for getting this much attention for the Penn Wrestling Team!

Coach has done a great job building this program from the ground up over the last 8-seasons.

His dedication to the team and getting the boys quality matches everyweekend is what keeps the boys on the team, too many coaches don't provide enough for their Freshman & JV teams, through the years I've seen this multiple times teams have 20 freshman on their team and 2 or 3 seniors always talking about next year, I've been there.

Coach Harper searches for multiple tournaments every weekend for all of his wrestlers giving him the flexibility on week day duals to tool his lineup against the competition and work the point system to provide for every wrestler.

Most folks on here don't know but there are +70 kids on this wrestling team competing for 14 spots the mat room competition is great and drives the development of the wrestlers.

Great Job Coach Harper; please know you are greatly appreciated by the Penn Wrestling Community --- regardless of the banter on Indiana Mat

Hat's off to Coach Harper for getting this much attention for the Penn Wrestling Team!

Coach has done a great job building this program from the ground up over the last 8-seasons.

His dedication to the team and getting the boys quality matches everyweekend is what keeps the boys on the team, too many coaches don't provide enough for their Freshman & JV teams, through the years I've seen this multiple times teams have 20 freshman on their team and 2 or 3 seniors always talking about next year, I've been there.

Coach Harper searches for multiple tournaments every weekend for all of his wrestlers giving him the flexibility on week day duals to tool his lineup against the competition and work the point system to provide for every wrestler.

Most folks on here don't know but there are +70 kids on this wrestling team competing for 14 spots the mat room competition is great and drives the development of the wrestlers.

Great Job Coach Harper; please know you are greatly appreciated by the Penn Wrestling Community --- regardless of the banter on Indiana Mat

Well Said!  So with that said, did some of the young men wrestling last night get the opportunity because it was an out of state match, or is the Flu hitting the area?

I was reviewing the details of the match that were posted.

Very interesting it looks like Penn used no less than 6 possibly 7 V2 or JV wrestlers in this match.

No sure if they had some sick boys, or 2 many points for the Varsity guys, either way looks like they dominated the match.  Any insight anyone?

Sure would be nice if someone actually addressed the original question/message on a thread before going off on their own school Propoganda rant, I could give a crap if Some of you think WC is better than Penn or vice versa, Read the original message above, if you don't have any insight, fine. Just don't turn every post into your own personal agenda.  If you want that then create your own post/poll/rant...IDGAF.

Sure would be nice if someone actually addressed the original question/message on a thread before going off on their own school Propoganda rant, I could give a crap if Some of you think WC is better than Penn or vice versa, Read the original message above, if you don't have any insight, fine. Just don't turn every post into your own personal agenda.  If you want that then create your own post/poll/rant...IDGAF.

I agree with the comment 100% I assume penn won this dual but what was your point . Is the michigan team any good? What wad some good matches ?Or was this topic just brought up to try and make it sound like Penn is better than what they are.

There so into Penn being better than WC , they forgot WC beat the same BS team Penn lost to they must not be that deep. js

Penn also beat BS the week before WC did . They lost to BS a match after taking Perry down to the wire . Make your own opinions about how good Penn is , but no one and I mean no one in the state will be tied with Perry after 11 matches . And no one will come within 12 points of them like Penn did .

DECATUR, Ind. ? Penn gave defending state champion and No. 1-ranked Perry Meridian its toughest match of the season, but the Kingsmen wrestlers fell short, 31-19, in a powerhouse matchup at Saturday?s Bellmont Super Dual.

Penn and Mishawaka each emerged from the meat-grinder tournament in Decatur with 3-2 records. Fairfield finished 0-5.

Topics

? Wrestling

Perry Meridian and Bloomington South each went 5-0.

Penn and Perry Meridian were tied, 19-19, with just three weight classes remaining during their titanic battle. However, the Kingsmen then dropped two consecutive overtime decisions in the 160 and 170-pound weight classes, thus allowing the Falcons to escape a huge upset.

The loss seemed to deflate the Kingsmen, who then dropped a surprising 39-17 decision to Bloomington South in the next round. Penn had beaten the same Bloomington South team at the IHSWCA state team duals a couple weeks earlier.

Well Said!  So with that said, did some of the young men wrestling last night get the opportunity because it was an out of state match, or is the Flu hitting the area?

I think its points, keeping his varsity fresh, and mat time for his varsity 2s

Just my train of thought.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.