Schedule Points

powerhalf

So is it 18 weigh ins per wrestler or 18 per team?  Seems like a simple answer.  I just want to make sure I am following the rules. 

no kidding.....how simple of an answer is this we are wanting?......if Mr.Faulkens has the answer, please give it to us......

Talked to Mr. Faulkens yesterday.  He is planning on having a webinar to clarify. 

The team is to only schedule 18 total weigh in points.  For example, we had 5 dual meets and 7 tournaments scheduled = 19 total weigh in points.  We are not in compliance.  We have to drop a dual meet.  I was going to just set out wrestlers from one of the tournaments to make sure they did not go over the 18 total - not in compliance.   

If you have an large squad, then you can divide into essentially an "A" and "B" varsity team.  Then you can overall schedule more matches, and "A" team would wrestle one schedule, and "B" team would wrestle the other schedule.  Still no individual wrestler my have more than 18 weigh in points.

Maybe it will eventually be clarified more but moving around wrestlers between the A Team, B Team, and other JV opportunities (due to sickness, injury, losing wrestle-offs, etc.) is where most of the confusion usually occurs. The teams that have a lot of movement in their line up throughout the year seem to be the one's that need a system like the points follow the individual to ensure they don't go over the limit. 

I believe all the teams want to follow the 18 point team rule, but also want to give their JV kids as many opportunities for matches as possible.  As we all know these opportunities are limited because not every team you face has JV kids in the same weight range as yours.  Which makes our problem of getting JV competition, unique compared with other IHSAA sports.  Unfortunately, this is another issue where the IHSAA doesn't quite know how to handle that unique aspect and it end's up with someone getting in trouble who had nothing but the best intentions in mind.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.