September 9th, 3rd Annual IndianaMat Hoosier Preseason Open!

Y2CJ41

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

97 signed up as of now

Last year this time we had 19 signed up

Six states already represented!

113 now. Assuming the next 3 weeks continue to pull in more wrestlers it should be a very good preseason tournament.

Some pretty big names are already registered. I hope  even more decide to participate.

Never been...looking forward to it!

Too early for predictions, (given that more wrestlers will register), but I'm curious too hear everyone's thoughts when we get closer.

The 116lbs weight class is absolutely SICK!

116 David Bavery- Ohio 2012 106 State Champion  2011 103 State Runner-Up Ranked #13 by Flo

116 Nathan Boston- Indiana 2nd, 1st State FloNationals 2nd

116 Kyle Akins- 3rd, 4th Illinois

116 Hayden Lee- Indiana 3rd State

116 Allan Mock- Indiana State Qualifier

Just this weight class will be worth the price of admission!

If you are looking for a place to stay for the IHPO the La Quinta Inn in Auburn has a great deal of $68 for the night plus tax. Just mention the IndianaMat wrestling tournament for the great deal.

La Quinta Inn & Conference Center Auburn

306 Touring Dr

Auburn, IN 46706

(260) 920-1900

The 116lbs weight class is absolutely SICK!

116 David Bavery- Ohio 2012 106 State Champion  2011 103 State Runner-Up Ranked #13 by Flo

116 Nathan Boston- Indiana 2nd, 1st State FloNationals 2nd

116 Kyle Akins- 3rd, 4th Illinois

116 Hayden Lee- Indiana 3rd State

116 Allan Mock- Indiana State Qualifier

Just this weight class will be worth the price of admission!

Might have Nick Lee in the weight class as well.  That would amp it up a little more.

The criteria may be a flip of the coin in a case like that.  Many times when we have kids who both have the same criteria the seeds that they are looking at are virtually the same such as a #2/3 or #4/5.  The criteria we use is very vague with the goal of just separating the best wrestlers in mind. 

I meant Carson Whaley.  Saw a bracket the he qualified at 152.  Does that make 8?

I guess so! 

Will strength of state play a factor in seeding?  Will having 3 or 4 divisions hurt a guy in seeding over a kid from IN that only has 1 class?

In a way yes, but Indiana isn't always the toughest due to being single class.  Ohio, Illinois and Michigan all have extremely good qualifiers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.