Here's our chance

NickS

This is our chance to get one of our "minds" onto the IHSAA Board. Who's interested!?!

http://www.ihsaa.org/dnn/Home/tabid/38/Default.aspx

"IHSAA Accepting Assistant Commissioner Applications

The Executive Committee of the Indiana High School Athletic Association, Inc. announces a vacancy for the position of Assistant Commissioner as of June 4, 2012.  Interested parties should submit a letter of interest and request for application to Bobby Cox, Commissioner, Indiana High School Athletic Association, Inc., 9150 N. Meridian Street, Indianapolis, IN 46260 or via email at bcox@ihsaa.org.  Upon receipt of the letter of interest, an application will be returned to the applicant.  Completed applications must be received in the IHSAA office no later than March 23, 2012."

I don't think its a rerequirement to be a principal, maybe just school administration in general.  I believe a few of the assistants were former athletic directors prior to the job.  But, I agree it would help to find some wrestling friendly people to have a voice in the excecutive group and as board members.

I talked to our AD about this at semi-state and he said you have to be a Principal or AD and have certain number of recommendations from other Principals or ADs.  I believe he said a certain amount of years at those positions were necessary also.

I don't think its a rerequirement to be a principal, maybe just school administration in general.  I believe a few of the assistants were former athletic directors prior to the job.  But, I agree it would help to find some wrestling friendly people to have a voice in the excecutive group and as board members.

Commissioner Bobby Cox Prior to joining the IHSAA, Cox had spent the previous 21 years as a teacher, coach, and athletic administrator in the Carmel Clay Schools.

Assistant Commissioner Robert Faulkens Faulkens had served as a member of the IHSAA Board of Directors since January 2009. He had spent 23 years in high school education including the last four as principal at Crispus Attucks

Assistant Commissioner Phil Gardner Gardner served 14 years as principal at Wes-Del and was a member of the IHSAA Board of Directors.

Assistant Commissioner Sandy Searcy Prior to joining the IHSAA, Searcy had been the girls? athletic director and girls? swimming coach at Bloomington High School North.

Assistant Commissioner Theresia Wynns Prior to joining the IHSAA, Wynns  had spent the previous 26 years as a teacher and administrator in the Indianapolis Public Schools and Warren Township Schools in Indianapolis

The new Assistant Commissioner will come from this list.  IMO

Nathan Dean, Jimtown

Tim Grove, North Knox

Nancy Alspaugh, Manchester

Mike Broughton, Jennings County

Victor Bush, Indianapolis Public Schools

Steve Cox, Beech Grove

Jim Diagostino, Tri-West Hendricks

Phillip Ford, Jay County

Ken Howell, Blue River Valley

Jed Jerrels, North Daviess

John Marks, Fort Wayne Concordia

Paul Neidig, Evansville Central

Pam Noble, Connersville

Geoff Penrod, Columbia City

Janis Qualizza, Merrillville

Debb Stevens, Caston

Deborah Watson, Fort Wayne Snider

Mike Whitten, Boonville

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.