Last years champs vs this years champs

WrestlerBlack77

103 ? Nathan Boston,  (46-0) vs. Micic (47-0)--- 2012 Micic wins

112 ? Mason Todd,(32-0) vs. Brooks (35-0) -- 2012 Brooks wins

119 ? Kyle Ayersman,(52-0) vs. Petrov (47-0)-- 2012 Petrov wins

125 ? Jared McKinley (53-1) vs. Ayersman (52-0) -- 2012 Ayersman wins

130 ? Neal Molloy (50-0) vs. McKinley (48-1) -- 2011 Molloy wins

135 ? Ethan Raley(34-1) vs. Jackson (52-0) -- 2011 Raley wins

140 ? Jason Tsirtsis (42-0) vs. Tsirtsis (42-0) -- Tsirtsis wins  ;)

145 ? Eric Roach (42-0)  vs. Tsirtsis (42-0) -- 2012 Tsirtsis wins (Be fun to watch)

152 ? Doug Welch(50-1) vs. Bradley (44-0) -- 2011 Welch wins

160 ? Chad Welch (51-0) vs. Harvey (47-0)-- 2011 Welch wins

171 ? Drake Stein(46-0) vs. Mappes (46-0) -- 2011 Stein wins

189 ? Garret Goldman(40-1) vs. Lynde (52-0) -- 2012 Lynde wins

215 ? Trey Reese (32-0)  vs. Sliga or Kral -- 2012 Sliga/2011 Reese wins against Kral

285 ? Jeremiah Harvey (45-4) vs. Hall (50-0) -- 2012 Hall wins???

I am sure you could mess around with the wts whatever way you want.  Be some great matches most would go either way.

@ 126 I think mckinley would beat ayersman. 

I'll take the kid with 3 state titles, a 193-2 career record, a 15-1 record in Indy, and a pretty decent gas tank.  His only two loses came in close matches. 

> State 2009 - As a freshman in State 103 Semi's, he lost in double overtime to Dusty Kief. (Kief beat McKinley 9-2 in round 1) 

> Al-Smith 2010 - He lost to Beck (Mish) at Al-Smith. He came back to beat Beck at Semi-State and State Finals. (*Beck beat Todd and Campbell at State)

People seem to forget the level of competion he faced or the guys at his weight for four years.  He is probably one of the few to own wins over

Brooks, Petrov, Campbell, McKinley, Harvey, etc. (Phillips may be the other), while also beating some 9 other eventual or current finalists. 

With money on the line, Ayersman seems to handle the pressure decently, and has ok conditioning:  http://www.ihigh.com/hoosierauthority/video_893317.html

1.  I think Mr. McKinley is an exciting wrestler to watch, but when he does not aerial launch or pin, he has had some close matches.  At State, he labored with Moody in quarters

being ridden hard and taken down in a tight 8-6 match, and was tight with Johnson in first round before creating space.  He has gotten more well rounded, but there is no

doubt if you withstand the initial head attacks, Campbell, Phillips, and Ayersman have shown he can be beat.

2.  I doubt Ayersman is dumb enough to walk into McKinley's headlock. In their only prior meeting, the 2010 112lb semifinals, Ayersman quickly took him down and

pinned McKinley. 

3.  LeCount - After watching LeCount, I believe LeCount could actually be top dog in that room.  The LeCount kid is the real deal, and word from some in the PM camp is that

Mr. LeCount does very well against Mr. McKinley.  I would not be surprised if you told me Mr. McKinley rarely scores on Mr. LeCount.

My question to you is, could you beat Harvey under the lights?  (I would bet on you.)

Would be a long close match. Dude was close to impossible to take down because of his strength and balance. Every one of our matches was by one point I think. I beat him four times and then he beat me when it mattered at semi-state lol

After watching both wrestle this weekend I'd have to say McKinley by 3 or 4 points.

Did they ever meet up in iswa folkstyle state?

I thought Jared pinned Ayersman or was that someone else?

Either way, regardless of the outcome, 2 great wrestlers!

Other way around. Ayersman pinned McKinley in 1:05 of the first period.  But past records and head-to-head matches don't count, unless it involves

McKinley winning.

After watching both wrestle this weekend I'd have to say McKinley by 3 or 4 points.

Did they ever meet up in iswa folkstyle state?

I thought Jared pinned Ayersman or was that someone else?

Either way, regardless of the outcome, 2 great wrestlers!

Other way around. Ayersman pinned McKinley in 1:05 of the first period.  But past records and head-to-head matches don't count, unless it involves

McKinley winning.

Sorry for asking the question Mr. Ayersman.

Just asking who did pin your son at Iswa folkstyle state ?

Was it Harvey from Cathedral?

106- micic over Boston.  This year

113-brooks over Todd. This year

120-ayersman over petrov. Last year

126-ayeran over McKinley. this year

132-Molloy over McKinley. Last year

138-raley over Jackson. Last year

145-tsrtisis over tsirtsis. This year

152-roach over bradley. Last year

160-welch over Harvey. Last year.

170-mappes over welch. This year

182-lydde over stein. This year

195-sliga over Goldman. This year

220-Reece over krahl. Last year.

285-hall over ??  This year

120-ayersman over petrov. Last year

132-Molloy over McKinley. Last year

182-lydde over stein. This year

Probably the only three I disagree with:

Petrov was simply nasty this year at the State Finals.  This year's version of Petrov might've beaten Ayersman.

I think this year's McKinley beats last years Molloy.  They wrestled about dead-even this year and Molloy was better this year (despite the end result)

I would take Stein over Lynde. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.