5 toughest/hardest sports.

DragonDad

"ice bath from the neck up because their whole body is mashed up"

lol

Gotta love the part "ice bath from the neck up because their whole body is mashed up"

Guess their bodies are used to it, but their heads need an ice bath!  Trying to picture one of them with their head in the ice bath!  lol

#1.  Fishing

First of all to be a good fisherman you need to buy a rod and reel (usually a zebco) some hooks, bobber and some refrigerated worms to be successful then you find out that your worm wasn't wiggling enough to get the job done.  You blame it on the worms (bad bait, weren't wiggling enough).  You change to crickets and you still suck at it....Now you have to blame it on something else so you figure out that it is the rod and reel (more money).  You finally start to catch fish (bluegills) but it takes way too much time to fish/clean them to get a good meal so you opt for McDonald's 2 for 1 special on the McFish to get a wholesome meal on your way home.

Now you get a little older and find that someone special.  You still like fishing but you are making some money and now you have to convince that someone special that you need a boat with a trolling motor and an anchor.  After several months of begging your a## off you get the okay.  You go out and run into the rookie salesman at Bass Pro Shops and he convinces you that you need this aluminum 16 ' Bass Tracker with a 30lb thrust trolling motor and the optional electric anchor and a fish finder.  You are now the proud owner of a new bass boat with a trailer and a live well to prove to everyone what you had caught.  You start catching some crappies (umm, good eating).  Oh, by the way throw in a couple more rod's and reels and some top of the line lures from Walmart.  Forget those gas station bought worms (they don't work anymore anyway).  PS....Why do you want to go fishing (from the someone special)?

Now you have figured out to really be successful at this sport you have got to get the RIGHT BOAT (it is still the boat's fault).  You have got to get around the lake at 70 mph when ever you need to so you go back to work on that special someone and your are getting some real resistance.  You know what I am talking about....You start hearing "you don't want to be around me anymore", "all you care about is being around is your stupid boat and your friends", "do you still love me?".  You have now done your best, you have convinced her that you still love her and she says okay.  Now you go to the bank and they say you still have some good credit so you go shopping  Now you run into the nearest boat dealer and find that perfect Ranger Bass Boat.  You know, the one with the 250 HP Mercury, the 110lb thrust Minn Kota trolling motor, two live wells, ahhh carpet (feels great on bare feet), the tandem axle trailer with matching paint......Oh and the optional stainless steel prop and a spare, you have to have the hydraulic lift for the motor (you know, to squeak an extra 2 MPH on that glass smooth lake), the side imaging sonar/gps with every lake in the world downloaded onto it, and don't forget the new power poles (rear hydraulic anchors at 1500 per plus labor) that keep you in place so you don't need that dreaded anchor.  Now they tell you that this new boat is 65,000 and your 2 year old boat that you spent 12,ooo on is worth, ohhhhh maybe 4000.00.  You say okay and you are now off and running with a fisher's dream boat only owing somewhere around 80,ooo.  You are all set now to be a real fisherman.  Dang, we forgot one thing.  That 1989 Ford Ranger won't pull it out of the parking lot.....Ugh oh.  Now the real test of strength and stamina are right around the corner.......

You finally get everything worked out with the home life (and oh, by the way, you have a little wrestler/angler in the oven), and the bank to boot.....You know, the third mortgage you had to take out to get that boat that you hear about every 27th day of the month (payment due), you only owe somewhere around 70 plus thousand dollars on plus the extra that you owe for the 50,000 truck that you had to have to pull it with (hey the paint had to match the boat, you surely couldn't have argued about that, right?).  In the end, you latch onto that one bass, the bass of a lifetime, you know, the one that got away.....Or the 10.00 crankbait that you hung on a log......Or you really did catch that state record bass and forgot your camera and now you need to tell your special someone about how it got away on the 26th of the month (payment due the next day).

That is why fishing is so much tougher than wrestling.  Just an opinion.  They are still running neck and neck though in my opinion.

Yes, wrestling will teach you to become a well disciplined young man,  a great person and hopefully a great mentor but look what you are up against.

Wouldn't you rather be wrestling?

#1.  Fishing

First of all to be a good fisherman you need to buy a rod and reel (usually a zebco) some hooks, bobber and some refrigerated worms to be successful then you find out that your worm wasn't wiggling enough to get the job done.  You blame it on the worms (bad bait, weren't wiggling enough).  You change to crickets and you still suck at it....Now you have to blame it on something else so you figure out that it is the rod and reel (more money).  You finally start to catch fish (bluegills) but it takes way too much time to fish/clean them to get a good meal so you opt for McDonald's 2 for 1 special on the McFish to get a wholesome meal on your way home.

Now you get a little older and find that someone special.  You still like fishing but you are making some money and now you have to convince that someone special that you need a boat with a trolling motor and an anchor.  After several months of begging your a## off you get the okay.  You go out and run into the rookie salesman at Bass Pro Shops and he convinces you that you need this aluminum 16 ' Bass Tracker with a 30lb thrust trolling motor and the optional electric anchor and a fish finder.  You are now the proud owner of a new bass boat with a trailer and a live well to prove to everyone what you had caught.  You start catching some crappies (umm, good eating).  Oh, by the way throw in a couple more rod's and reels and some top of the line lures from Walmart.  Forget those gas station bought worms (they don't work anymore anyway).  PS....Why do you want to go fishing (from the someone special)?

Now you have figured out to really be successful at this sport you have got to get the RIGHT BOAT (it is still the boat's fault).  You have got to get around the lake at 70 mph when ever you need to so you go back to work on that special someone and your are getting some real resistance.  You know what I am talking about....You start hearing "you don't want to be around me anymore", "all you care about is being around is your stupid boat and your friends", "do you still love me?".   You have now done your best, you have convinced her that you still love her and she says okay.  Now you go to the bank and they say you still have some good credit so you go shopping  Now you run into the nearest boat dealer and find that perfect Ranger Bass Boat.  You know, the one with the 250 HP Mercury, the 110lb thrust Minn Kota trolling motor, two live wells, ahhh carpet (feels great on bare feet), the tandem axle trailer with matching paint......Oh and the optional stainless steel prop and a spare, you have to have the hydraulic lift for the motor (you know, to squeak an extra 2 MPH on that glass smooth lake), the side imaging sonar/gps with every lake in the world downloaded onto it, and don't forget the new power poles (rear hydraulic anchors at 1500 per plus labor) that keep you in place so you don't need that dreaded anchor.  Now they tell you that this new boat is 65,000 and your 2 year old boat that you spent 12,ooo on is worth, ohhhhh maybe 4000.00.  You say okay and you are now off and running with a fisher's dream boat only owing somewhere around 80,ooo.  You are all set now to be a real fisherman.  Dang, we forgot one thing.  That 1989 Ford Ranger won't pull it out of the parking lot.....Ugh oh.  Now the real test of strength and stamina are right around the corner.......

You finally get everything worked out with the home life (and oh, by the way, you have a little wrestler/angler in the oven), and the bank to boot.....You know, the third mortgage you had to take out to get that boat that you hear about every 27th day of the month (payment due), you only owe somewhere around 70 plus thousand dollars on plus the extra that you owe for the 50,000 truck that you had to have to pull it with (hey the paint had to match the boat, you surely couldn't have argued about that, right?).  In the end, you latch onto that one bass, the bass of a lifetime, you know, the one that got away.....Or the 10.00 crankbait that you hung on a log......Or you really did catch that state record bass and forgot your camera and now you need to tell your special someone about how it got away on the 26th of the month (payment due the next day).

That is why fishing is so much tougher than wrestling.  Just an opinion.  They are still running neck and neck though in my opinion.

Yes, wrestling will teach you to become a well disciplined young man,  a great person and hopefully a great mentor but look what you are up against.

Wouldn't you rather be wrestling?

Your an idiot

I always taught swimin was one tough sport. It kinda reminds me of bein a gerbil in a cage whit one of does whirly gigs. Goin back and forth before school after school. It would have been especially tough form me back in da day wit my low body fat and 8 pack abs. One possitive da chlorine would kill da ring worm.

As much as I love highschool wrestling I would have to put singles tennis as No. 1.

Sometimes they are out there for as much as 6 hours in 90 plus degree heat running

as hard as they can, then having to stop on a dime to return a volley, then dash again

at full speed to where they anticipate the volley will be returned to.  I think 4-6 hours of this

ty pe of action far outdoes 6 minutes of wrestling.  Like I said bdfore, wrestling is my favorite

sport, but tennis is by far the hardest.

Try singles tennis for 4-6 hours. I've done both.  There is no comparison.

Wrestling is my favorite sport, but it is no way near as grinding and wearing on the

body as tennis.  Don't fporget in wrestling those 6 ,minutes, if it last that long, one

of the 2 is laying on his stomach probably for at least a minute.

If you are basing "tough" out of aerobic activity then tennis probably is harder but when was the last time someone dropped you on your head while you were having a little volley. Then we would have to include Triathlons etc because playing tennis would be pretty weak compared to doing an Ironman . I think the point this guy is making is all around overall toughness. In my opinion tennis is barely even a "sport" it is more of a game and it is the most boring,predictable game there is.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.