Pound4Pound so far?

iknwall

Defining my criteria of Pound 4 Pound to be how well could the wrestler do at higher weights....

1. Tsirstis (already beat one of the top @ 160) maybe the favorite all the way up to 170

2. Sliga - would be the favorite at 220 (maybe heavy)

Big drop-off ater these 2 but since the 1st post went with 5...

3. Jackson - could place 2nd at 145 (has beaten #2 ranked wrestler this year)

4. Molloy - already beat 138 3rd ranked -- could finish as high as 2nd

5. Mullins - could be top 2 at 160 (more of a reach, but placed higher than Johnson last year at same weight)

HM.  Micic/Boston; Phillips/Ayersman; Todd; Brooks -- I could see any of these guys placing as high as 3rd at the next weight

1. Tsirtsis - He's not only the best wrestler in the Nation at 145 but the best coach on CP staff.

2. Jackson - Dominating everyone who has stepped on the mat this year.  Only losses  the past 2 seasons were to Tsirtsis in OT and Raley who was a 2 time champ/1 time runner up. He also has 7 falls in the state finals ithe past 2 seasons. Only person he didnt pin were the champs and alex gregory

3. Brooks - it's looking like the year the Brooks family will finally bring home a title

4. Molly - Returning champ and beat a state champ from last year. Only reason I have him 4 and not 3 is because of his close match with Hartman

5. Boston - Returning Champ, hasnt loss in high school, and closest match this season was 18-11

HM - Ayersman- would of been a harder decision if he didnt have a 3-0 close match with torres

I think Kourtney Berry ferom Merrillville is going to surprise a lot of

people.  He is an animal.  I'll take him over Sliga, even though Sliga

has some National titles.  Don't bet  your farm on Sliga.

I am making an assumption here and we all know the potential consequences of that,but...I assume you have not seen many of Sliga's matches

Berry is a man, and a damn good wrestler but Sliga has too much for him.  I do think it will be a good match but Sliga wins

I am making an assumption here and we all know the potential consequences of that,but...I assume you have not seen many of Sliga's matches

Berry is a man, and a damn good wrestler but Sliga has too much for him.  I do think it will be a good match but Sliga wins

Berry's only point he gave up last season at the state finals is when he cut  Goldman, who ended up winning state. The match score of that match was 1-0. Don't sleep on Berry.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.