Starting weight for Perry vs. Danville

zachpierson

Nobody!  Bova played it smart but Judy shot several times in the 3rd and in overtime bova just shoved him out twice and ref hit him thought it was bad way to end it! Bova didn't wrestle him he just pushed him.  I wanna see wrestlers decide the match and didn't!  Thought is was just pretty quick call even tho he'd been called earlier for the simple fact that bova wasn't shooting just shovin this isn't sumo! Nothing against bova it was smart.  Just thought lil too quick a call for overtime

Maybe someone can help me with this one.  How does a wrestler get called for a stall when his opponent isn't bringing the offense?  I am a fan of both of these schools and coach's so I am not trying to side with either.  It was a great match along with a few others.  I am just wondering.

Thanks

RD

Maybe someone can help me with this one.  How does a wrestler get called for a stall when his opponent isn't bringing the offense?  I am a fan of both of these schools and coach's so I am not trying to side with either.  It was a great match along with a few others.  I am just wondering.

Thanks

RD

All  judy was doing was dropping to his knees at the out of bounds, hoping bova would run over the top of him and he'd be able to hit his carry. Bova was trying to force the tie and Judy looked like he was on some roller skates to me. It was a bad call in OT, I think we wouldve taken him down, as anyone at the match could see Judy was gassing hard.

All  judy was doing was dropping to his knees at the out of bounds, hoping bova would run over the top of him and he'd be able to hit his carry. Bova was trying to force the tie and Judy looked like he was on some roller skates to me. It was a bad call in OT, I think we wouldve taken him down, as anyone at the match could see Judy was gassing hard.

is that the silver and blue streak in you speaking???    ;D

is that the silver and blue streak in you speaking???    ;D

No, it was just that he was watching the match and that Judy would back out to the boundry and only take a shot when he was near the boundry so he would be in no danger. I also get tired of some people who don't appreciate that some wrestlers prefer to pummel and work the upper body as opposed to attacking the legs. It is all good wrestling, just not what you prefer.

No, it was just that he was watching the match and that Judy would back out to the boundry and only take a shot when he was near the boundry so he would be in no danger. I also get tired of some people who don't appreciate that some wrestlers prefer to pummel and work the upper body as opposed to attacking the legs. It is all good wrestling, just not what you prefer.

Now don't get me wrong I didn't care who won went to enjoy good wrestling! But I thought in OT bova wasnt moving forward for offense? He did not tie up he straight up just pushed him out.  As I said in a previous post; I thought it was an intelligent move by bova, just think it was call a bit quick! If he pushes him out one two mores times ok! I think the other stall call were ok; bit judy was the only one taking shots, he was Also the only one with a takedown. His shots were on the edge to not get hit for it but bova was pushing forward hard to set up a shot like that! I understand and really do appreciate  bova's style he's was like an Iowa wrestler I just thought the call was a little quick for OT wasn't just like 15 sec in?

All  judy was doing was dropping to his knees at the out of bounds, hoping bova would run over the top of him and he'd be able to hit his carry. Bova was trying to force the tie and Judy looked like he was on some roller skates to me. It was a bad call in OT, I think we wouldve taken him down, as anyone at the match could see Judy was gassing hard.

If someone is just pushing against you why wouldn't you back up a bit and then use their force against themselves?  It is a whole lot easier using someone else's  force against themselves other then meeting force with force....

My question was how do you get called for stalling when the other guy is not on the offense?  Shouldn't at least have been a double stall call?  I don't know that is why I am asking.

If someone is just pushing against you why wouldn't you back up a bit and then use their force against themselves?  It is a whole lot easier using someone else's  force against themselves other then meeting force with force....

My question was how do you get called for stalling when the other guy is not on the offense?  Shouldn't at least have been a double stall call?  I don't know that is why I am asking.

What you call "not on the offense" others would call pummeling, digging for inside position and working the upper body. You don't have to shoot to be on offense. As I said before, it is just a different style, but still legitimate, offensive wrestling. If you don't want to be hit for stalling, circle in, don't just back straight off of the mat.

What you call "not on the offense" others would call pummeling, digging for inside position and working the upper body. You don't have to shoot to be on offense. As I said before, it is just a different style, but still legitimate, offensive wrestling. If you don't want to be hit for stalling, circle in, don't just back straight off of the mat.

I disagree that is "offensive" wrestling it is aggressive wrestling. Bova wasn't looking to take a shot at all. But you're right Judy shouldve circled in but he wasn't stalling just being pushed around mat. Good match in all but wouldve liked to see it go a little longer.

I disagree that is "offensive" wrestling it is aggressive wrestling. Bova wasn't looking to take a shot at all. But you're right Judy shouldve circled in but he wasn't stalling just being pushed around mat. Good match in all but wouldve liked to see it go a little longer.

I guess this could be a semantic argument, but why can't "aggressive" wrestling also be "offensive wrestling? So what if Bova was not looking to take a shot. Is a leg attack the only way to score a takedown? Are there no takedowns in Greco? Bova just has a different style. He is looking for takedowns, just not always by taking shots.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.