Evansville Central Sectional

Jon H

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have team scores?  Number of those qualifying by school?  And last, what time do finals begin?

Team scores were already posted but here is how many represent each school

MD-13 (Parkinson way injury default)

ME-12

RE-9

CE-6(Kemper not qualifying)

NO-4

NP-4

HA-4

MV-3

BO-0

Really great matches in the finals.  Reitz did really well.  Congrats to Memorial on some big wins.

Only saw two ref gaffes. 1.  Goebel had his kid stuck for about a minute ref wouldn't call it, no excuses though Goebel was too conservative after that and it cost him.  2.  The Collins match was a joke.  Reitz kid looked like Andy Kaufman running away from Jerry Lawler for the last 4.5 minutes.  How he never got a stalling penalty is beyond me.  Also, I never knew you could call a time out cause your tired.  But in the end Collins goofed and it cost him as well. 

Fun day to watch,  congrats again to all the champions and everyone advancing.

Team scores were already posted but here is how many represent each school

MD-13 (Parkinson way injury default)

ME-12

RE-9

CE-6(Kemper not qualifying)

NO-4

NP-4

HA-4

MV-3

BO-0

Schneider (Not Parkinson - who was Champ today!!) injury defaulted....and it was hard to lose him.  Overall, a great day of wrestling - saw some very exciting matches today!!

106:  Kuhn ® looked good against Seng (MD) who improves every week.

113:  Davis ® got the best of a crazy deep weight class.  I fully expect all 4 to make it to Semi State.

120:  Good win for Johnson (ME) - top 3 are very competitive with Welch looming next week.

126:  Emotional win for Wedding (ME) over Vanhook ®.  Exciting match..........should be another good one next week.  I'm not counting out Pierre (MD) either.

132:  Moody ® continues to impress - controls the match

138:  Lannert (MD) all I can say is WOW.   Kelley (CE) and Hoehn (MV) with another epic battle.  They will be going for 2nd again next week.

145:  Hayhurst (ME) won a strange match in the finals when Appel ® down 1 in the 3rd period couldn't come up with a shot or even attempt a shot.  Nice job by Elderkin (NP) of making it through.

152:  Rueger ® - not much to say.....dominate.

160:  Parkinson (MD) wins it after a tough semi-final match with Dickens (NO).  Dickens just ran out of gas.  

170:  King ® dominates Campbell (NO).  I do appreciate the way Campbell continued to wrestle and try things when he was obviously overmatched.  I hated to see the injury to Schnieder (MD) -  I know he's been battling this for a while.

182:  Brandentein (MD) dominate and appears to be on his game.

195:  Maurer (MD) continued to pull away as the match went on but I was impressed with Lane (NO).  It was probably good for Maurer to get some work in.

220:  Schnarr ® was gasing bad and the Boo Birds from MD were out in full force.  

285:  Wright (MD) looks very good and is a pinning machine.  

The officiating today was for the most part - suspect.  It didn't seem to favor any one team but I would have to say the missed Back Points in the Stock / Mastison match was one of the worst calls of the day.

106:  Kuhn ® looked good against Seng (MD) who improves every week.

113:  Davis ® got the best of a crazy deep weight class.  I fully expect all 4 to make it to Semi State.

120:  Good win for Johnson (ME) - top 3 are very competitive with Welch looming next week.

126:  Emotional win for Wedding (ME) over Vanhook ®.  Exciting match..........should be another good one next week.  I'm not counting out Pierre (MD) either.

132:  Moody ® continues to impress - controls the match

138:  Lannert (MD) all I can say is WOW.   Kelley (CE) and Hoehn (MV) with another epic battle.  They will be going for 2nd again next week.

145:  Hayhurst (ME) won a strange match in the finals when Appel ® down 1 in the 3rd period couldn't come up with a shot or even attempt a shot.  Nice job by Elderkin (NP) of making it through.

152:  Rueger ® - not much to say.....dominate.

160:  Parkinson (MD) wins it after a tough semi-final match with Dickens (NO).  Dickens just ran out of gas.  

170:  King ® dominates Campbell (NO).  I do appreciate the way Campbell continued to wrestle and try things when he was obviously overmatched.  I hated to see the injury to Schnieder (MD) -  I know he's been battling this for a while.

182:  Brandentein (MD) dominate and appears to be on his game.

195:  Maurer (MD) continued to pull away as the match went on but I was impressed with Lane (NO).  It was probably good for Maurer to get some work in.

220:  Schnarr ® was gasing bad and the Boo Birds from MD were out in full force.  

285:  Wright (MD) looks very good and is a pinning machine.  

The officiating today was for the most part - suspect.  It didn't seem to favor any one team but I would have to say the missed Back Points in the Stock / Mastison match was one of the worst calls of the day.

Good day overall with some tough weight classes.  Has to be one of the best Sectionals in the state.  Some deep weight classes and others with high end talent.  113, 120, 126 and 145 were all deep and talented.  Some great matches in those.  132, 152, 182 and 195 had the high end and those guys were hard to compete with.  Good day of wrestling.  Time to take it to Castle.

I hope Mrs. Wedding snapped this picture.......................The ref raised the Harrison wrestler's hand after Wedding had just Teched her.  This would be a priceless photo for Logan's scrap book.

I noticed this  ref did the same thing a couple of other times.  He also seemed to give out the most bench warnings to the coaches.  He was definitely not on his game.

I'm not bashing the refs (even though it may appear so) and I know I couldn't do any better!!  My question is, if a ref is having an obvious bad day,  can the tournament director or head offical (etc. ?) make the decision to move this ref to the 5/6 mat or at least make him the spotter (or whatever it's called) instead of the head ref on the mat?

I hope Mrs. Wedding snapped this picture.......................The ref raised the Harrison wrestler's hand after Wedding had just Teched her.  This would be a priceless photo for Logan's scrap book.

I noticed this  ref did the same thing a couple of other times.  He also seemed to give out the most bench warnings to the coaches.   He was definitely not on his game.

I'm not bashing the refs (even though it may appear so) and I know I couldn't do any better!!   My question is, if a ref is having an obvious bad day,  can the tournament director or head offical (etc. ?) make the decision to move this ref to the 5/6 mat or at least make him the spotter (or whatever it's called) instead of the head ref on the mat?

I couldn't agree more with that statement.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.