Evansville Central Sectional

Jon H

For your viewing pleasure ..................my top 4 picks.

106:  Kuhn ®, Seng (MD), Arney (ME), Wilson (MV)

113:  Mastison (H), Davis ®, Johnson (MD), Stock (NP)

120:  Johns ®, Johnson (ME), Geobel (MD), Turi (CE)

126:  Wedding (ME), VanHook ®, Pierre (MD), Hoehn (MV)

132:  Moody ®, Schroeder (MD), Oakley (CE), Bouchie (ME)

138:  Lannert (MD), Kelley (CE), Backes ®, Frynmiere (NP)

145:  Hoehn (MV), Bassmeier (MD), Kemper (CE), Appel ®

152:  Rueger ®, Dallas (MV), Henshaw (ME), Folz (MD)

160:  Parkinson (MD), Colavechia (ME), Dickens (N), Wimpleberg ®

170:  King ®, Schneider (MD), Funke (ME), Campbell (N)

182:  Brandenstein (MD), Meyer (ME), Cravens (Bosse), Meyers ®

195:  Maurer (MD), Lane (N), Brown (ME), O'risky (NP)

220:  Schnarr ®, Pace (CE), Collins (MD), Barnes (ME)

285:  Wright (MD), Hohl (CE), Little (NP), Mattingly (ME)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoehn and Dallas bumping up? And I think goebal gets first, Davis beats mastison , vanhook  beats wedding, Kemper beats Bassmeier, and dickens beats colavechia.

I agree you could swap Goebel and Johns but Johnson will likely have the #1 seed and slide into the 2nd spot or win it.

Davis could  very well beat Mastison plus you can add Johnson and Stock in the mix.

VanHook is my favorite but I was going to wait until Regional for another win over Wedding.

Kemper can beat anyone in this weight class but I see Hoehn coming out on top if he stays at 145.

Dickens could very well be Colavechia.  This weight class is wide open until the regional when Oser takes control.

Mater Dei is dominating right now. I think Reitz and Mater Dei will have the same number of wrestlers in the finals but Mater Dei will pull it off because of the number of consolation victories. Three reasons Reitz will be close. Vanhook is back and will win his finals match. I see Davis in a upset of Mastison in another finals match to bump Reitz closer as well as Kuhn winning his final because Brown is not there. Too much solid wrestling for 3rd and 4th by Mater Dei to beat them however.

I feel like King is overrated, and Hohl is weak. Lane has a good shot at beating Maurer. I see Campbell in the finals with King.  How did Oakley make the cut? Dickens is a freak!!!

I feel like King is overrated, and Hohl is weak. Lane has a good shot at beating Maurer. I see Campbell in the finals with King.  How did Oakley make the cut? Dickens is a freak!!!

Do you have any idea what you are talking about?  King is a monster, you obviously haven't seen him wrestle.  Lane will not beat Maurer and Hohl is not weak.  Maybe Hohl doesn't beat Wright, but to call him weak is an insult.  Dickens is good, but a freak?  Come on man. 

I can see what your saying about King. He stinks, 33-3 with 25 pins, I mean he lost to the number 1 and the number 2 ranked wrestlers in the state. Only went to over time with the number 2 wrestler Mappes. I don't know why he keeps going! All that is dripping with sarcasm! King is a beast. End of story!

You can't count Braye out of 126 he's already beat Hoehn and he's been wrestling a lot better this year. He might surprise us and go far this year. We will just have to see.

You can't count Braye out of 126 he's already beat Hoehn and he's been wrestling a lot better this year. He might surprise us and go far this year. We will just have to see.

I didn't know Braye had beat Hoehn.  I agree he could step into the 4th spot.  I can't find much information on North this year, opponents, etc...............that's why I can only base my predictions off what I saw this past weekend, records listed in the SIAC tournament booklet and what I remember from last year.

Aaron King is not overrated. If anything he doesnt get enough recognition at Reitz because they have Moody, Vanhook and Rueger (all valid reasons to get overlooked). That team is loaded with great wrestlers. The problem that Reitz has is they have 2 types of wrestlers. They have absolute studs who place 3rd or higher every match and then the kids that get pinned every match. King is in position to be one of the highest placing kids at state for Reitz this year.

106 - Kuhn over Seng

113 - It all depends on the draw.  I think all 4 could win on any given day.

120 - Goebel over Johnson

126 - Wedding over Vanhook

132 - Moody over Schroeder

138 - Lannert over Kelley

145 - Bassmeier over Hoehn (again the draw is a huge factor. who gets what seed?)

152 - Rueger over Folz

160 - Parkinson over Colcavecia

170 - King over Campbell (did not wrestle in the SIAC to keep his #1 seed IMO)

182 - Brandenstein over Meyer

195 - Maurer over Lane

220 - Schnarr over Collins

285 - Wright over Little

I think Moody, Rueger, Maurer, and Brandenstein are going to dominate their weight classes.  I do think Wedding wins (only because I think he will default in the finals to rest).  Goebel and Johns in the semis will again be a good match.  I just think Sam pulls this one out again.  Whoever gets the first takedown always seems to win.  145 has 5 good wrestlers.  It is a shame one had to end his season 1 week early.  113 is also a tossup.  I think that is all related to the draw each one gets.  Anyone of those 4 wrestlers could win.  It will be a great day of wrestling, with MD picking up the sectional title.

Maurer and King are both my wild card picks for state, I strongly believe that they could both do some damage at State this year, saying hoehl is weak may be a slap in the face to anybody who has wrestled him,  Oakley could easily make the finals with a 6-4 match with MD. lane looks good.. But not Maurer good.

I think MD v. reitz will be a huge battle at sectionals. With Kuhn, vanhook, moody, rueger, king, schnaar being winners and if they can get Davis AND johns to win into the finals as well, then irk what the score will look like but MD may be in a tight hold. However, I do believe with all 14 MD wrestlers getting aleast 3rd in my eyes, it will still be hard to beat them. Then you throw in the fact they pin more than half the people they wrestle and it makes it next to impossible to beat them as a team. good luck to all.

Prediction:: MD v. reitz within 10 points!

I also believe Vanhook with wrestle Wedding if it is as close as I think it will be just for the team. I hope so anyways.

my perdictions...

106:  Kuhn ®, Seng (MD), Arney (ME), Mcormick (CE)

113:  Mastison (H), Stock (NP) Davis ®, Johnson (MD)

120:  Johns ®,Turi (CE), Geobel (MD), Johnson (ME)

126: VanHook ®, Wedding (ME), Pierre (MD), Bray (N)

132:  Moody ®, Oakley (CE), Schroeder (MD), Bouchie (ME)

285:  Hohl (CE), Wright (MD), Little (NP), Mattingly (ME)

most of the same as jon H

145 is stacked as well as 113. Davis beat Stock a few weeks ago and has been very close to beating Mastison. Its going to be a fun Saturday. I pretty much agree with Jon H. Reitz and Mater Dei will be in a team battle to the end.

my perdictions...

106:  Kuhn ®, Seng (MD), Arney (ME), Mcormick (CE)

113:  Mastison (H), Stock (NP) Davis ®, Johnson (MD)

120:  Johns ®,Turi (CE), Geobel (MD), Johnson (ME)

126: VanHook ®, Wedding (ME), Pierre (MD), Bray (N)

132:  Moody ®, Oakley (CE), Schroeder (MD), Bouchie (ME)

285:  Hohl (CE), Wright (MD), Little (NP), Mattingly (ME)

most of the same as jon H

Hoehn is 138. Turi in the finals? ;)

106:  Kuhn ®, Seng (MD), Arney (ME), Porier(N)- Porier  pinned Mcormick when they wrestled, so I give him the 4th spot

113: Mastison (H), Davis ®, Stock (NP), Johnson (MD)- another good match but Mastison is to solid with riding the legs

120: Johns ®,Turi (CE), Geobel(MD), Johnson (ME)- Johns easily wins but the other placements are gonna be open

126: Wedding (ME), VanHook ®, Pierre (MD), Bray (N)- Just don't think VanHook is gonna be able to do what he did last time

132:  Moody ®, Oakley (CE), Schroeder (MD), Powell (N)- Powell is my dark horse, seen some good wrestling from him. Is he gonna show up to wrestle?

138:  Lannert (MD), Kelley (CE), Backes ®, Frynmiere (NP)- Kelley is tough, just not at the same level as Lannert

145:  Hoehn (MV), Bassmeier (MD), Kemper (CE), Appel ®- this weight class is wide open. Kemper could take it if he wrestles like I've seen him before

152:  Rueger ®, Dallas (MV), Henshaw (ME), Folz (MD)- Reuger to me is the toughest wrestler in the entire sectional

160:  Dickens (N),Parkinson (MD), Colavechia (ME), Wimpleberg ®- any top 3 can take it. Dickens is the hardest working wrestler I've ever seen and I think it finally pays off for him.

170:  King ®, Campbell (N) Schneider (MD), Funke (ME)- King and Campbell finally meet

182:  Brandenstein (MD), Meyer (ME), Cravens (Bosse), Meyers ®- Brandenstein will win it easy

195:  Maurer (MD), Lane (N), Brown (ME), O'risky (NP)- another close match in the finals

220:  Schnarr ®, Pace (CE), Collins (MD), Barnes (ME)- Schnarr is to tough for the other wrestlers

285:  Wright (MD), Hohl (CE), Little (NP), Mattingly (ME)- Wright pulls it out because that's what MD does

Very nice predictions, but I see a few changes and they are as follow:

106- Stock wins in a close one

120-Johnson is on a mission this year

160- Colavechia wins a close one with Parkinson

170- Schneider over King (its a MD thing)

195- Brown works to wind 2nd

138 is going to be a bruiser with Kelley and Lannert- no pick

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.