nice job iswa folkstyle state!

charger.dad

what a well ran tournament!.....matside pairings worked great.....the action never stopped.....great refs, great location and great people....and both my boys made the podium......kudo's to the iswa.......thanks!

ISWA site lists 1,135 competitors, which is a pretty good amount.  I personally was impressed with the IHSAA State Champions, placers and qualifiers who were in attendence.  They could have easily stayed at home but chose to continue wrestling, which means they are truly dedicated to advancing in their craft.  But, yes, under the circumstances I thought the ISWA ran a pretty efficient tournament.  I know we (Jireh) brought 25 kids and our coaches were running back and forth all day because it was constant action for us as a team.  As a new program, it's always nice to still be coaching at the end of the day.  Great job ISWA and of course our place winners Charlie McGinley (3rd @ Junior 135), Robert Duncan (4th @ Junior 130), Deondre Wilson (6th @ Cadet 105) and Greg Johnson (8th @ Cadet 152) - 3 of which are first year wrestlers.

i didn't think it did that well... during the starting, the 119 lbs. weight class in the junior division started wrestling, then they repaired the brackets.... so the 1st round didn't count and that mat ran slow the whole day, also at the end there were so many clear mats that they started the matches every 15 minutes.... so i was still catching my breath from the match before when i was called to my next match...  :-\

i didn't think it did that well... during the starting, the 119 lbs. weight class in the junior division started wrestling, then they repaired the brackets.... so the 1st round didn't count and that mat ran slow the whole day, also at the end there were so many clear mats that they started the matches every 15 minutes.... so i was still catching my breath from the match before when i was called to my next match...  :-\

It was repaired due to someone not checking the brackets to see when they wrestled and then finally figured out they were not on them.  And to my knowledge the computer wouldnt let them just insert them into a previous bye?? Someone correct me if I am wrong here.

It was repaired due to someone not checking the brackets to see when they wrestled and then finally figured out they were not on them.  And to my knowledge the computer wouldnt let them just insert them into a previous bye?? Someone correct me if I am wrong here.

they made an announcement before they started wrestling that said if your name wasn't on the bracket, then you need to tell pairings, and if you didn't before wrestling started, then you wouldn't be able to wrestle... nobody said anything until after the wrestling started so they shouldn't of been repaired...

they made an announcement before they started wrestling that said if your name wasn't on the bracket, then you need to tell pairings, and if you didn't before wrestling started, then you wouldn't be able to wrestle... nobody said anything until after the wrestling started so they shouldn't of been repaired...

What you say is true.....but, when faced with the decision, it is difficult to remove someone from the tournament and deny them the opportunity to wrestle. It may be hard to beleive but Juniors seem to have the greatest number of problems when it comes to state tournaments. I had Juniors who forgot to pre-register, didn't think they had to pay when registering, forgot their card, thought their coach would register for them, etc. I think it is because they are transitioning into adulthood and parents are not overseeing everything they do.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.