Conference & Regional Bragging Rights

SIACfan

The Castle Regional (The Meat Grinder) had 27 wrestlers qualify for state out of the E'ville S.S.

4-Champs

9-2nds

7-3rds

7 4ths

At 119 all 4 qualifiers are from the Castle Regional & the SIAC conference

125 & 160, 3 of the qualifiers are from the Castle Regional

The SIAC conference had 21 wrestlers qualify for State. (Very Impressive)

3-Champs

8-2nds

5-3rds

5-4ths

lol

What's so funny?

Seriously, I would like to see other Regional & Conference numbers.

Are there any other Regionals that can boast 27 or more SQ's & are there any other Conferences that can boast 21 or more SQ's?

What's so funny?

Seriously, I would like to see other Regional & Conference numbers.

Are there any other Regionals that can boast 27 or more SQ's & are there any other Conferences that can boast 21 or more SQ's?

He was commenting on the joke from bellmontfan.

Rochester regional has 23 state qualifiers and the Northern Indiana Conference has 15. Not quite SIAC numbers, but I also tend to think the Merrillville semistate is a little more difficult to advance from.

Thanks for the info. It is hard to argue that M'ville is the toughest semi-state. Past results speak loudly. I was wondering if there was one particular regional that feeds it that is consistently dominate.

Does the Rochester Regional consist of what it referred to as 'Da Region'?

Rochester regional has 23 state qualifiers and the Northern Indiana Conference has 15. Not quite SIAC numbers, but I also tend to think the Merrillville semistate is a little more difficult to advance from.

I agree .

Does the Rochester Regional consist of what it referred to as 'Da Region'?

No, Rochester regional is not Da Region.  Rochester regional contains schools in the towns of Bremen, Culver, Mishawaka, Rochester and South Bend.  The big players at this regional are Mishawaka, Penn, SB Clay and SB Riley.

Most of the Da Region schools are in the Calumet or LaPorte regional.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.