Calumet Regional

Coach Wadkins

The Calumet Regional will be scratch +4lbs!!! Several competing schools have been out since Tuesday and not allowed to be in their buildings. All 19 schools don't have to meet the "no school + no practice = scratch +4lbs" criteria. If any school meets the criteria, then the entire meet receives the weight allowance. Calumet's weigh-in is at 8:30 AM with wrestling set to start at 9:30 AM.

I have a question.  If a wrestler uses the 4lb allowance, is there going to be an issue with them weighing in should they qualify for the Semi-State on the following Saturday?  I really have not done the math, no time to right now, nor do I remember exactly what % they are allowed in the week to do the math.  Anybody care to comment?

I have a question.  If a wrestler uses the 4lb allowance, is there going to be an issue with them weighing in should they qualify for the Semi-State on the following Saturday?  I really have not done the math, no time to right now, nor do I remember exactly what % they are allowed in the week to do the math.  Anybody care to comment?

103 now is 107

Max weight for semi state should be 105

(105-107)/107 = 1.87% of body weight.  

This is a legit concern.

The way I understand the rule, it is only for the regular season up to Sectionals.  How many coaches are still having refs fill out weigh in sheets at Regionals, Semi-State or even State?  Do they even keep them for the team portion of dual state?  I only saw 1 coach do it at our sectionals last week.

The way I understand the rule, it is only for the regular season up to Sectionals.  How many coaches are still having refs fill out weigh in sheets at Regionals, Semi-State or even State?  Do they even keep them for the team portion of dual state?  I only saw 1 coach do it at our sectionals last week.

Coaches have been dinged in the state series for kids not continuing to follow the weight management plan

103's shouldn't weigh more than 106.6 on Saturday before cutting to 105 for semi-state.

112 max 115.7 for cutting to 114.

119 max 122.8 for cutting to 121.

125 max 128.9 for cutting to 127.

all others full 4-pound allowance

...if the weight management plan still has to be followed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.