140: Van Horn, Meska, Faurote, Hirshey

145: Hiestand, Burnfield, Schultz, Walters

152: Ehr, Busse, Schwartz, Smith

160: Mahlan, Grogg, Simmons, Higgins

171: Hankenson, Osborn, Werst, Edwards

189: Neff, Garringer, Crabtree, Baker

215: Thatcher, Chalfant, Edwards, Hemmelgam

285: Meyer, Hill, Morningstar, Schafer

pretty good....  i only disagree with a few placemets....  mainly 135    :)

I originally had bradley getting second but the decided I needed to have some upsets in these picks. I think bradley should win but you never know who can upset who.

I don't know much about van horn..... how did he look at sectional AJ

Top 4 in order

103 bevans, rigney, phenis, cook

112 phillips, fiechter, walburn, girod

119 carroll, roe, rascon, keuneke

125 batt, hiestand, gerber, gordon

130 randolph, baysinger, wyatt, ellinger

135 jackson, bradley, sprunger, raugh

140 meska, vanhorn, fourote, crabtree

145 hiestand, burnfield, shultz, walters

152 ehr, busse, schwartz, quinn

160 mahlan, simmons, higgins, grogg

171 hankenson, osborn, edwards, werst

189 neff, crabtree, garringer, baker

215 chalfant, thatcher, edwards,morris

285 meyer, hill, schafer, reyes

I originally had bradley getting second but the decided I needed to have some upsets in these picks. I think bradley should win but you never know who can upset who.

I don't know much about van horn..... how did he look at sectional AJ

Van Horn looked very methodical...  nothing fancy or overwhelming..  extremely solid wrestler that will wear on you and force you into a mistake...  he looked good

103  Bevans, Rigney, Cook, Phenis

112  Phillips, Fiechter, Walburn, Girod

119  Carroll, Roe, Keuneke, Rascon

125  R. Hiestand, Batt, Gerber, Adams

130  Baysinger, Randolph, Wyatt, Ellinger

135  Jackson, Bradley, Sprunger, Raugh

140  Van Horn, Meska, Faurote, Crabtree

145  A. Hiestand, Burnfield, Shultz, Walters

152  Ehr, Smith, Schwartz, Busse

160  Mahlan, Simmons, Lugingbill, Grogg

171  Hankenson, Werst, Osborn, Edwards

189  Neff, Crabtree, Garringer, Baker

215  Thatcher, Chalfant, Edwards, Hemmelgarn

285  Meyer, Hill, Morningstar, Schafer

Uh oh....  IHSAA better get a plan together...  take place mon - wed... but winds and damage could shut down jay county

Oh no! ANOTHER ice storm?

Michael Koch, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Indianapolis, said the East Central Indiana area should brace itself for the possibility of either a significant ice storm or up to 10 inches or more of snow accumulating over the next three days.

Today, late afternoon: There's a chance of a mix of freezing rain, sleet or snow. Not predicted to be significant.

This evening: More significant amounts of freezing rain, sleet or snow.

Overnight into Tuesday: No snow expected; freezing rain mixing with sleet predicted.

Tuesday morning: Back to a mix of freezing rain, sleet or snow until about 1 p.m.

Tuesday afternoon: No snow expected; freezing rain mixing with sleet predicted again.

Tuesday evening: Expected to be the worst of the freezing rain.

Overnight into Wednesday: Freezing rain expected to switch back to snow, staying that way into Wednesday.

Wednesday: Snowy and windy with gusts expected up to 35 miles per hour. Temperatures beginning to dip, producing ice.

why does jay county seem to pride itself in being different than every other regional with starting time at 830? hopefully no snow! that was a nightmare!!! good idea to have a sectional and regional in a county with only what is it? 6 snow plows...... 

why does jay county seem to pride itself in being different than every other regional with starting time at 830? hopefully no snow! that was a nightmare!!! good idea to have a sectional and regional in a county with only what is it? 6 snow plows...... 

Are you really going to question Mr. Patriot? 

The 8:30 start time is not about being different or a pride thing.  Every other year we have a home basketball game that the gym needs cleaned up for. 

Has the IHSAA looked into having it somewhere else so the wrestlers are not rushed out of the gym for a REGULAR season basketball game. 

Has the IHSAA looked into having it somewhere else so the wrestlers are not rushed out of the gym for a REGULAR season basketball game. 

I'm not sure how they ever even got the sectional. I know when the realignment happend in I believe '04? when the Adams Central Sectional joined with the southern teams it became the Jay County Sectional. However, Adams Central was the host of the old sectional and from what I was told all IHSAA was to offer the hosts the option whether or not they would like to host the new sectional. I was told AC was never offered this and Jay County became the host. This is all just hearsay from cough cough a pretty reliable source....

I believe one of the qualifications was being able to use three mats. Adams Central has one gym that can put three mats side-by-sided, but it doesn't have enough seating.  The gyms that has enough seating can only get two mats down without taking away seating.  Three mats is necessary for the sectional.  The regional could probably be done with two mats. Thtat's the way the old Snider regional was done and there are no more wrestlers or matches  now than then.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.