Castle Invitational

niceshot

This looks to be a very interesting tournament with multiple state and nationaly ranked wrestlers competing.

What tough matchups are there? What tough wrestlers are there?

I knnow of:

Union County (Ky.): Caleb Ervin(152) and Brock Ervin (112)

Castle: Luke Welch (???), Michael Brown (???), Chad WElch (???), Doug Welch (???)

Gibson Southern: multiple tough kids from turkey classic

Indian Creek: Raley, Stevenson, Stevenson,

Castle and Union County Kentucky were winning easily and on course for the championship.  Union County won all but 3-4 matches against Indian Creek and most by fall.  Ervin and Welch at 152 should be a finals match.  Little Ervin could bump up at 119 in the finals. 

Welch 119

Brown 130

Welch 152

Welch 160

I hate to say this, but I was not impressed by either Chad or Doug Welch.  They both looked rusty...and somewhat sloppy.  Chad even got put to his back by some kid from Boonville!!  No disrespect to Boonville, but I expected more from the twins.  Hopefully, they can get their act together by the time state rolls around.  I love rooting for Southern Indiana boys!!!

I hate to say this, but I was not impressed by either Chad or Doug Welch.  They both looked rusty...and somewhat sloppy.  Chad even got put to his back by some kid from Boonville!!  No disrespect to Boonville, but I expected more from the twins.  Hopefully, they can get their act together by the time state rolls around.  I love rooting for Southern Indiana boys!!!

I think that Chad and Doug Welch just have a style that makes them look somewhat sloppy but I think it has worked out for them so far. I don't think they are sloppy, it just looks that way. As for the Boonville kid putting Chad on his back that is a bit of a surprise but Boonville has a very good wrestler at 160lbs. He has been a semistate qualifier in the past and has beat guys that have been to the state tournament. He is a bit of a hot and cold wrestler but when he is hot he is very good.

Chad Welch won all of his matches easily and never struggled with anyone.  Doug Welch won at 152 over a very good Boonville Anthony Seiler 12-7.  He was leading the whole match, but did get caught on his back shortly.  Luke Welch never wrestled Brock Ervin because Brock was at 112 and Luke wrestled 119.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.