Best dual meet atmosphere

I was reading on the football discussion board a thread about best places to see a high school football game.  So I figured Id bring the same quesiton over here.  Where do you think the best Atmosphere for a dual is at.  Intros, lights, acctual match, fans, seating things like that.

I would have to say my favorite would be Adams Central Vs.  Bellmont at AC.  I was only there once, and it was a few years back, at the meet an A.C. wrestler- Craig Beer, I believe had a horrible ankle injury,  anyhow it was packed and really intense.  Not sure if it still has the same intensity but back then it was great.

I was reading on the football discussion board a thread about best places to see a high school football game.  So I figured Id bring the same quesiton over here.  Where do you think the best Atmosphere for a dual is at.  Intros, lights, acctual match, fans, seating things like that.

I would have to say my favorite would be Adams Central Vs.  Bellmont at AC.  I was only there once, and it was a few years back, at the meet an A.C. wrestler- Craig Beer, I believe had a horrible ankle injury,  anyhow it was packed and really intense.  Not sure if it still has the same intensity but back then it was great.

Craig broke his leg in that match. A bad way to end your senior season when you're a returning state qualifier.  The matches aren't as intense now, mostly because AC has been able to challenge Bellmont in a few years.  And the attendance has dropped from both schools.  The best one was at Bellmont when they had to open the upstairs bleachers on both sides to make room for everyone.  Over 3000 fans attended that one.

Mater Dei's gym when they're wrestling someone really good.  Several years ago when Ev. Cental had a couple of good teams in a row, it was amazing to see the no. of people there......not an open seat in the place and many people standing.  I think they probably had the fire marshal "detained" for a couple of hours that night.....;-)

Grissom vs Discovery Middle schools that feed into Penn, stands were packed, they hired two officials to do the varsity, from the time the first two wrestlers shook hands, until the last match you couldn't hear the officials whistle or the horn.

This was just the other night, I know it's only junior high, but it was as intense as alot of matches I have done in the past and the wrestling was as good or better than some of the varsity matches I have done. 8)

Grissom vs Discovery Middle schools that feed into Penn, stands were packed, they hired two officials to do the varsity, from the time the first two wrestlers shook hands, until the last match you couldn't hear the officials whistle or the horn.

This was just the other night, I know it's only junior high, but it was as intense as alot of matches I have done in the past and the wrestling was as good or better than some of the varsity matches I have done. 8)

I don't doubt that...that's a big rivalry.

Ive never seen anything like the Delta vs Cathedral duals of the 80's.........packed gyms, tv camera crews, security officers, road blocks.

Two great coaches (Rhodes & Patton), great wrestlers (Ellis, Terry, McGinley, Suits, Parkison, Hayes, Campbell & more)

Plus, a strong hatred between both programs.

KBoyer

I'll never forget Troy Patton getting the fall over Cathedral in the meet at the Natatorium and jumping up to do his, well, let's call it a dance. The crowd was going crazy. The place was electric. For once, Boyer is right: Great wrestlers, great coaches, great fans for both schools and an intense interest from the entire wrestling community.

The Hobart Vs Portage Dual back in 99 or 00 or something like that.  I was just a wee lad and remember that being extremely intense. Also Portage Vs Merrillville is always good, and i can remember back in either 04 or 05 it got pretty crazy with a young Jamal Lawerence being tossed into the bleachers by one pumped up Michael Lecuta.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.